Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 07:34 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It's obvious you aren't reasoning very well, There are more whites on the government dole because there are more whites, the same as there are more whites driving chevy's than blacks because there are more whites. If you break it down to percentage per group, there are a higher percenage of blacks on welfare within there own group, as compared to whites.
How DARE you bring facts, reason, and common sense into this discussion!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
You obviously don't know how to read, or you wouldn't write something this ridiculous.

Racist hater.
Another hypocritical response. According to republicans, its democrats who always deflect and avoid answering a topic, and will call somebody a racist. Again, pot meet kettle.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 AM

613 posts, read 759,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Who would you rather emulate BG. David Duke or Nathan Bedford Forest?
Today, 90% of republicans view David Duke as a hero even though he has not really been successful. Republicans think that it is important to get the message out that white skinned people are superior to all other skin shades.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Another hypocritical response. According to republicans, its democrats who always deflect and avoid answering a topic, and will call somebody a racist. Again, pot meet kettle.
Would you rather be black, or black?

Sometimes the question cannot be answered because it's a really stupid question.

A non-stupid question would have gotten an answer. How about this one: Would I rather emulate Rush Limbaugh or Jimmy Carter? Both are white guys, but are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. My answer to that INTELLIGENT question would be Jimmy Carter.

See how that works?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
I know, and more whites are still on welfare than blacks. The ratio of blacks on welfare to total black population is irrelevant to me. Its white folks that keep bringing it up.
Oh really, Quote from Topics forum....
Quote:

With regard to AFDC the figures are:

White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.

Quote:
It's obvious you aren't reasoning very well, There are more whites on the government dole because there are more whites, the same as there are more whites driving chevy's than blacks because there are more whites. If you break it down to percentage per group, there are a higher percenage of blacks on welfare within there own group, as compared to whites.
You choose to break it down by percentage group, we can break it down in total. We can play this game all day. You throw out a stat, manipulate the way you want, and we can turn around and do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Today, 90% of republicans view David Duke as a hero even though he has not really been successful. Republicans think that it is important to get the message out that white skinned people are superior to all other skin shades.
So you presume to speak for 90% of Republicans? That's pretty cute.

And your post has me wondering if you could think of ANYTHING to say that would be MORE self-incriminating...

Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
You choose to break it down by percentage group, we can break it down in total. We can play this game all day. You throw out a stat, manipulate the way you want, and we can turn around and do the same thing.
YOU are the only one manipulating statistics.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Oh really, Quote from Topics forum....
Like I said before, you can look at stats anyway you want to push your agenda.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Like I said before, you can look at stats anyway you want to push your agenda.
Yes, you have proven that to be true, by doing it.

Now... Let's talk about PER CAPITA statistics. Fair enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies