Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 03:22 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Unless, of course, they're white - and in your estimation, Republicans. If they're those two things, they can rot in hell. But you're just crazy like that...
Well, you're only half right (I like white people just fine)
Ha ha! I keed, I keed!
But seriously, thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. Would love to see where I said anything of the sort.

Quote:
Broad brush racism, anyone?
I don't think you're in a position to complain about anyone else painting with broad brushes.

Quote:
Partly because black Republicans are telling blacks to stop making excuses, stop blaming everyone else, keep their peckers in their pants, stay in school, get a job and PAY YOUR OWN WAY.

Unfortunately, too many black Americans have been told (by Democrats) for years that they CANNOT succeed, and that it's everybody else's fault.
Like I said. Keep telling blacks that they're gullible and incapable of acting in their own best interests, and while you're at it, keep wondering why they're not falling all over themselves to support your party.

Last edited by quigboto; 04-15-2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,959,749 times
Quote:
Not true.

95% of blacks who voted, voted for Barack Obama. They did NOT vote for him because they sat down, studied through all the issues, and chose the man they thought was best for the country. They voted for him because he's black. Everybody knows it, so we might as well be honest about it.
Just because you say something isnt true doesnt make it so.

What are you basing your statement on? Rush Limbaugh??? Everybody doesnt know that.

How many white people voted for McCain because he is white??? Too many. Percentage I dont know.

Im Black with many Blacks in my circle so I know what Im writing about. Mc Cain was too out of touch to make a good president. He is a good man but wasnt qualified to run a country. Racist white folks still voted for him because of Obamas pastor or he isnt American. Or wasnt a Christian. All where lies.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
And again, I'll remind you of a fact...

98% of black voters voted for the black Presidential candidate, yet you all claim that you're thinking for yourselves and voting individually.

Yeah, uhh huhh...

Well 100% of White Republicans voted for the White presidential candidate...what does that make them?

Yeah, uhh huhh

Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Honestly the "black vote" isn't as significant as it once was. The Republican Party is hardly concerned about it. The Latino Vote is far more of an issue with candidates today. And because it is a such a large, diverse and growing demographic, their loyalty is split and always up for either party. Collectively they are playing it smart--both candidates have to appease to their wants. Right now as long as Obama sings a few Al Green songs, the black vote is a blind folded sure shot.
Good keep feeling that way and watch what happens.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,889,940 times
Quote:
And again, I'll remind you of a fact...

98% of black voters voted for the black Presidential candidate, yet you all claim that you're thinking for yourselves and voting individually.

Yeah, uhh huhh...
Ok.... you're just trolling now. Or at least, trying to.

Once again, you went off into a completely different direction and only saw what you wanted to see.

I mean good God. This:

Quote:
What's in bold has so much wrong with it, it's brain melting....

Old 04-16-2012, 02:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Honestly the "black vote" isn't as significant as it once was. The Republican Party is hardly concerned about it. The Latino Vote is far more of an issue with candidates today. And because it is a such a large, diverse and growing demographic, their loyalty is split and always up for either party. Collectively they are playing it smart--both candidates have to appease to their wants. Right now as long as Obama sings a few Al Green songs, the black vote is a blind folded sure shot.
Ok...then..

Why won't Republicans just come out and openly tell blacks that they don't need nor want black votes and to avoid voting for Republicans in the future or even considering supporting a Republican? Why don't they just say "we only care about the Hispanic vote and we will not seek nor accept black support in the future."

If they say that, then i'll respect your argument a lot more. I'd also respect the Republican Party a lot more.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:44 AM

3 posts, read 1,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cltpeep View Post
A few thoughts....we'll see who tears them apart. : )

* Poverty - although minorities are more likely to live in poverty, numerically more whites live in poverty because whites are a greater percentage of the population. Sometimes we confuse issues of class and issues of race.
* Racism versus prejudice - Prejudice is having sterotypes (usually negative) of others because of their race/class/immigrant status/sexual orientation/etc. Anyone (dare I say everyone on occassion?) has moments of prejudice. Racism is the combination of prejudice and power.
* A few years ago I participated in a dialogue program that was meant to explore issues of race in a safe and honest space. One thing I came away with, is that as a white person I don't really have to think about race or being white. More than one african american in the group said that their racial identity was something that they couldn't ignore - it was something that they had to think about multiple times a day. I realize that this might be something that is not true of all people of color.
* It's really only been 40-50 years (two generations) since jim crow laws were ended. I don't think anyone can deny the racism (prejudice + power) that existed in the 1960's and earlier. To think that there are not issues that arise out of 100's of years of exploitation that have existed since the earliest days of white settlement in the americas seems naive.
* I honestly think very few democrats want to support policies that keep folks in generational poverty. Remember it was Clinton who set limits on welfare eligibility. I do think that knowing how to help people to achieve self suffiency is not easy. But, the type of silly discussions that you see here really don't help us as a society resolve these issues. I also don't seem to see a lot of people willing to really ask low income people what will be of the most help to them and then work together to resolve these issues.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:31 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Quote:
This entire thread is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the sub-culture known as "African Americans." It is amazing. It is sad. And it is a sure prophecy of things to come for these "African Americans."

Not good. Not good at all.
AA's are not who came out looking bad in this thread. You were owned on each & every assertion you made, with facts and links, while relying solely on right-wing blogs as your presented "evidence".

Old 04-16-2012, 05:45 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
AA's are not who came out looking bad in this thread. You were owned on each & every assertion you made, with facts and links, while relying solely on right-wing blogs as your presented "evidence".
You might want to show me one of those "right-wing blogs" I quoted. If you can't do that (which you can't), you can just go ahead and admit that you're lying.

So where were we?

Oh yeah, you're all trying to tell me that - even though 98% of black voters voted for Obama - you're all individuals, and think and vote based on individual preference, not along racial lines.

Thanks, Cynthia, I think we understand you.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Ok.... you're just trolling now. Or at least, trying to.

Once again, you went off into a completely different direction and only saw what you wanted to see.

I mean good God. This:

What's in bold has so much wrong with it, it's brain melting....
So what you're trying to tell me is that, though 98% of blacks voted for Obama, you ALL think for yourselves, determine what's best for you individually, and go that direction?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies