Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well 100% of White Republicans voted for the White presidential candidate...what does that make them?

Yeah, uhh huhh
Got any evidence of that claim?

I didn't think so. Thanks for playing.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
How many white people voted for McCain because he is white??? Too many. Percentage I dont know.
I'll guarantee you it wasn't 98%!

Old 04-16-2012, 05:50 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post

Unfortunately, too many black Americans have been told (by Democrats) for years that they CANNOT succeed, and that it's everybody else's fault.

And they tell them that to keep them voting Democrat. When is the last time you heard Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson or any black Democrat in Congress give a speech on successful black businessmen, doctors, scientists, military leaders, etc.? They are out there but you'd never know it by who is always on TV in front of some microphone talking their victimology talk. Those public figures and the white Democrats are complicit in perpetuating a victimology mindset because they benefit from it in terms of power and personal wealth.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And they tell them that to keep them voting Democrat. When is the last time you heard Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson or any black Democrat in Congress give a speech on successful black businessmen, doctors, scientists, military leaders, etc.? They are out there but you'd never know it by who is always on TV in front of some microphone talking their victimology talk. Those public figures and the white Democrats are complicit in perpetuating a victimology mindset because they benefit from it in terms of power and personal wealth.
Sharpton & Co. NEVER talk about the millions of successful blacks in America. EVER. Just like they NEVER talk about the fact that the highest homicide rate in the country is young black men killing other black men. You'll NEVER see Sharpton holding up President Obama and repeatedly saying, "See boys! THIS is proof that you CAN succeed!" Nope, Sharpton will hold up Obama and say, "It's about goddamm time we got ours!"

The dishonesty is amazing.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:02 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Quote:
You might want to show me one of those "right-wing blogs" I quoted. If you can't do that (which you can't), you can just go ahead and admit that you're lying.

So where were we?

Oh yeah, you're all trying to tell me that - even though 98% of black voters voted for Obama - you're all individuals, and think and vote based on individual preference, not along racial lines.

Thanks, Cynthia, I think we understand you.
Post #463 was the only attempt you made to present any actual evidence, and it was an op-ed piece. You're welcome, Michelle.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Post #463 was the only attempt you made to present any actual evidence, and it was an op-ed piece. You're welcome, Michelle.
Hahahahaha! WOW! Just... WOW!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Tell me one who isn't - in your mind - a total sell-out?
Ron Paul.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What is wrong with your comprehension? Clarence Thomas was a product of Affirmative Action, thats how he got into Law School. However when he got to the bench, his position changed.
I didn't read all of this yet, But I didn't run accross anything about him being a product of AA... Clarence Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-16-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I didn't read all of this yet, But I didn't run accross anything about him being a product of AA... Clarence Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See now, here is one of the conundrums faced by our "We're always victims," African Americans.

First of all, there's no evidence that Thomas was recruited by Holy Cross because he was black - an Affirmative Action move. The problem is that the only "evidence" of that is the relentless prattle of media blow-hards.

Second, the African Americans who claim that AA got Thomas into Holy Cross are REALLY admitting that he was not qualified to go there, but was only admitted because he's black.

They're in a real bind, but aren't quite able to understand it.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Um...we talk about them all the time. Hell, we have an entire month set aside to talk about them, specifically - which people also complain about. This is a bit like that whole "how come black people never protest black-on-black crime" thing that people though was a good counter to the Trarvon Martin protests. We do, you just aren't listening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.