U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 03:56 PM

13,072 posts, read 11,118,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You haven't given any scientific evidence. Literally ZERO. You posted a link to a blog by someone PAID to write climate change denying blogs.
Tsk, tsk. I can prove the position invalid simply by showing it does not establish its position properly. This is the point of the posts and links I provide. The problem is with CAGW is it isn't scientifically established and therefore, a simple fact shows it to be invalid. Sorry, but... models don't establish validity. Again, maybe the higher mathematics and physics courses might have helped you, but we both know that is not the case because this issue is established in Physics 101.

Quote:
I gave scientific evidence, in the form of multiple peer reviewed papers. You ignored them. Because you cannot refute them.
No, you gave me unfounded suppositions. Pay attention... in science, the details matter.

Quote:
Taking the high road intellectually is not an option for you here. You asked for evidence then ignore it, or whine about peer review (never got through it obviously), or post BLOGS as evidence (and then pretend you know anything about science). The only time you accept peer review is when someone who agrees with your stance makes it through. Any other time it is mockery. Talk about double standard.
I will accept a supposition as a supposition, I will not accept such as a fact. You need to go back to school and learn the difference. God help us all if your education did not contain such, as we are churning out idiocy if this is the case.

Quote:
Fine, deny anything you want, it is of course a free country, but pretending you are a man of science while ignoring all of the actual science is a sham.
Ah, back to the "deny" position? Sorry, but your position is dying because it was established on a farce. Chalk your movement up to another note in history where an ideological position demanded servitude and eventually science began to beat it like a red headed step child.

Go back to school and slap your professors for instructing you poorly, and if they did instruct you properly, but you didn't listen? Please slap yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Nice example!
/shrug

Stupid is, as stupid does.

Live with it, or repair it. Your choice.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
You ask for evidence and ignore it when given again and again.
Say it with me now. A modeled supposition is not EVIDENCE! Please, whoever instructed you as such, please beat them upside the head with a heavy object.

It is NOT evidence. It is an assumption, a speculation, a GUESS and nowhere in rational thought does such validate a given opinion.

Please educate your damn self!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM

30,043 posts, read 30,779,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And who is the one using petty words such as "denialist" which is an obvious attempt at trying to liken someone who questions your establishment as a Nazi denier? Seriously, you were the one who use a position of old information to claim something when it was already shown to be garbage.

That is all you have, is accusations, which is why you live in the past and refuse to accept anything that shows such accusations to be garbage.

What next Mr. Wizard, going to show us some graphs from 2007 ice melt and pass it off as the present. You guys are really pathetic.
Insults are the last refuge of the incompetent.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Yes yes, pats you on the head.

Run along now.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 PM

15,812 posts, read 13,261,648 times
Quote:
Say it with me now. A modeled supposition is not EVIDENCE! Please, whoever instructed you as such, please beat them upside the head with a heavy object.

It is NOT evidence. It is an assumption, a speculation, a GUESS and nowhere in rational thought does such validate a given opinion.

Please educate your damn self!
I have built my own models, as an undergrad. I understand the bounds both forward and backward. And their inherent limits, which no one is denying. But if you think that the only evidence in climatology is based on modeling and modeling alone you are the one in need of education.

Ironic in the extreme that someone claiming to understand mathematics is whining (yet again) about the appropriate use of mathematical models. I doubt you whine this much about their use in economics, game theory, genetics, etc.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 PM

4,246 posts, read 7,667,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Old 04-12-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post

It's like they don't know how to make a point without one.

goochy goochy coo! you are so cute!

Little cute baby talking to the adults... goochy coo!

/winks

Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I have built my own models, as an undergrad. I understand the bounds both forward and backward. And their inherent limits, which no one is denying. But if you think that the only evidence in climatology is based on modeling and modeling alone you are the one in need of education.

Ironic in the extreme that someone claiming to understand mathematics is whining (yet again) about the appropriate use of mathematical models.

Show me some evidence that properly establishes the position of CAGW (ie man contributes significantly to climate change to cause extensive warming and disruptions)?

Maybe look to CERN? Oh Wait... darn...

As for theoretical mathematics, it is a noble pursuit. It serves as a means of thinking outside the box, but we know the difference is that it is not evidential in the physical world, and only an idiot would attempt to proclaim so.

You need to learn the difference.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:11 PM

10,584 posts, read 8,007,695 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear
Are you going to contribute anything to the conversation or are you just going to continue to stymie others by interjecting your shrill insults and demands?
You can't be this stupid? Can you?
Isn't it hilarious how the Global Whatever fanatics carefully cut out 90% of my post, quote one tiny dig I threw in, and then complain that *I* "contributed nothing"? (Especially when it's up to them to prove their own assertions about man causing Global Whatever?)

It's always a hoot to see them twist and turn, duck and dodge, hurling insults and calling names, when you ask them for proof. And surprising to see how long they keep doing it, as they are here.

Though by now I'm getting pretty used to these histrionics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies