U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 03:17 PM

13,072 posts, read 10,836,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Isn't it hilarious how the Global Whatever fanatics carefully cut out 90% of my post, quote one tiny dig I threw in, and then complain that *I* "contributed nothing"? (Especially when it's up to them to prove their own assertions about man causing Global Whatever?)

It's always a hoot to see them twist and turn, duck and dodge, hurling insults and calling names, when you ask them for proof. And surprising to see how long they keep doing it, as they are here.
They cut their own throats.

The funny thing about subterfuge and misinformation is that it is only successful for a short period of time (ie before a direct action is taken). After that, people begin to question and look closer. That is when it all falls apart.

I don't know specifically what "direct action" was intended or if there was ever a specific focus, but the lingering of such approach is the death rattle for any such mischievous application. What is worse for them is that such usually results in a massive backlash that will even effect legitimate concerns and factual evidence. For that, I wish them a very miserable place in hell.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM

4,247 posts, read 7,527,223 times
Quote:
Isn't it hilarious how the Global Whatever fanatics carefully cut out 90% of my post, quote one tiny dig I threw in, and then complain that *I* "contributed nothing"? (Especially when it's up to them to prove their own assertions about man causing Global Whatever?)

It's always a hoot to see them twist and turn, duck and dodge, hurling insults and calling names, when you ask them for proof. And surprising to see how long they keep doing it, as they are here.

Though by now I'm getting pretty used to these histrionics.

Say something interesting and it'll renew my respect for you. Nomander at least is creative with his insults.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM

14,939 posts, read 12,596,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Show me some evidence that properly establishes the position of CAGW (ie man contributes significantly to climate change to cause extensive warming and disruptions)?

Maybe look to CERN? Oh Wait... darn...

As for theoretical mathematics, it is a noble pursuit. It serves as a means of thinking outside the box, but we know the difference is that it is not evidential in the physical world, and only an idiot would attempt to proclaim so.

You need to learn the difference.
You ask, its given, you ignore. Repeat as needed.

Are you sure you have taken beyond sophomore mathematics? Because you are a big fan of circular arguments.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:19 PM

10,584 posts, read 7,752,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You ask, its given, you ignore.
As usual, no proof was given... as I have pointed out. Just studies that referred to other studies, ad infinitum. (yawn)

Quote:
Are you sure you have taken beyond sophomore mathematics? Because you are a big fan of circular arguments.
If I were a fan of circular arguments, I'd accept the ones you keep offering as "proof".

(Did someone mention "sophomore mathematics"?)

And the twisting, spinning, ducking and dodging of the Global Whatever fanatics continues........

Old 04-12-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You ask, its given, you ignore. Repeat as needed.

*chuckle*

uh huh. /boggle

Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 PM

It might be time for Galactic Gorilla.

Looking forward to the next climate change thread so we can all have this conversation over again.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM

10,584 posts, read 7,752,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Looking forward to the next climate change thread
Your mentor, Herr Goebbels, would be proud of you for carrying out his advice so thoroughly.

"If you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it, and it will become The Truth."

Old 04-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Your mentor, Herr Goebbels, would be proud of you for carrying out his advice so thoroughly.

"If you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it, and it will become The Truth."
Godwin's Law FTW!

Talk about mathematical truths.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 PM

29,527 posts, read 29,995,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And who is the one using petty words such as "denialist" which is an obvious attempt at trying to liken someone who questions your establishment as a Nazi denier? Seriously, you were the one who use a position of old information to claim something when it was already shown to be garbage.

That is all you have, is accusations, which is why you live in the past and refuse to accept anything that shows such accusations to be garbage.

What next Mr. Wizard, going to show us some graphs from 2007 ice melt and pass it off as the present. You guys are really pathetic.
As the world’s governments dither on climate change, data continue to stream in on the alarming rate of warming. Global surface temperatures for 2010 matched record highs, with the past decade the hottest ever recorded. Arctic ice cover continued its precipitous decline in 2010, attaining the lowest measured extent for any December on record and third lowest in summer. And the amplifying effect of this snow and ice melt is larger than previously thought, according to new research.

“The 2010 data confirm the Earth’s significant long-term warming trend,” according to World Meteorological Organization chief Michel Jarraud. “The ten warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998.” Evidence of intensifying climate change grows

Evidence for climate change is now undeniable - scientists | ThinkProgress

Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
As the world’s governments dither on climate change, data continue to stream in on the alarming rate of warming. Global surface temperatures for 2010 matched record highs, with the past decade the hottest ever recorded. Arctic ice cover continued its precipitous decline in 2010, attaining the lowest measured extent for any December on record and third lowest in summer. And the amplifying effect of this snow and ice melt is larger than previously thought, according to new research.

“The 2010 data confirm the Earth’s significant long-term warming trend,” according to World Meteorological Organization chief Michel Jarraud. “The ten warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998.” Evidene of intensifying climate change grows

Evidence for climate change is now undeniable - scientists | ThinkProgress

I find it amusing that you complain about "Watts up with that" and then link me an article that fails to even site the research and work to which they lay claim and is made by a political organization.

You guys don't even get how silly you look, which really is the hilarious thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies