Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
well Harrier, my point about GEDs was nuanced sarcasm, many dont even have that yet alone H.S. I used to live there in a university town. The rural areas utilize home schooling.
In other words - you don't have support for your claim that many parents who home school their children don't have high school diplomas.

If you are going to call something a fact - you really should be prepared to support it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
A GED is not a high school diploma - we are discussing high school diplomas.

However I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You now have the opportunity to provide a source that will verify your assertion that many people who homeschool their children in Tennessee do not have either high school diplomas or GED's.

I will be waiting for your evidence.

After all - you said that this was a fact.

Facts should be verifiable.
Quote:
If you are going to call something a fact - you really should be prepared to support it.

You are demanding sources from others yet never provide any sources for your own assertions?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Throughout history, religious have been some of the finest science teachers

I understand you hate those with religious beliefs -
No, you don't understand at all...I have no hate in me, but to base society, and education on ancient myths in my opinion is just wrong, and has been proven to be a big mistake in the past, and is still a mistake....Never mind history, what about now and the future..Nearly half of U.S. scientists today say they have no religious affiliation -- describing themselves as atheist, agnostic or nothing in particular -- compared with 17% of all Americans.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Macro-evolution and micro-evolution. Two terms made up by creationist when they basically admitted that they lost the argument.
Exactly, the only difference between the two is time...macro evolution is merely micro evolution over many generations....Anyone who cannot understand this is not very bright.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Exactly, the only difference between the two is time...macro evolution is merely micro evolution over many generations....Anyone who cannot understand this is not very bright.
These are people who think the earth is only 6 to 10,000 years old.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
People who truly believe that are, for the most part, so thoroughly brainwashed that discussion is futile.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
You provided links to a pro-evolutionist propaganda website.
Actually, the first site is a site that looks at CREATIONISM and Evolution together (and breaks down their individual beliefs and tries to provide evidence for each). And we know you didn't read the two papers I linked because, it would have taken you at least a couple of days.

This only proves that you are not interested in a debate but rather argue from ignorance.

Quote:
Provide some reliable links and I will take the time to read through them.

that is your job bucko. I've provided links that show evidence that evolution is real. that you are using Creationists tactics about what macroevolution is (you aren't fooling anyone).

Now, provide your links that prove creationism is real, evidence supporting it, and peer-reviewed papers in a scientific journal... (oh wait, the last part wouldn't be available since creationism isn't science)

Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Don't forget that humans rode around on Dinosaurs!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Now, provide your links that prove creationism is real, evidence supporting it, and peer-reviewed papers in a scientific journal... (oh wait, the last part wouldn't be available since creationism isn't science)
Why would I bother doing that when it is irrelevant to the discussion? Have you not read the many, many posts where I have stated that I think that neither evolution nor creationism should be taught in public schools? Why should I provide a defense of creationism when I am not advocating for it to be part of public school curriculum?

You however, are promoting the continued instruction of ToE in public schools. It is incumbent on you to provide evidence that supports the validity of that which you want taught. You attempted to do so by linking to a pro-evolution propagandist website.

Why not provide a reliable source?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Don't forget that humans rode around on Dinosaurs!
Back to that tired, old strawman - huh?

You evolutionists ought to spend more time defending your theory rather then creating nonsensical caricatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies