Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You have no way of knowing that Martin didn't explain himself to Zimmerman, as his cell phone went dead. Why would Martin believe that Zimmerman was acting in any official capacity? Many young men trusted John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer as well.
Its obvious that many preferred the "sweep it under the rug" way of the legal system in murders like these in the South that routinely occured just 45 years ago. They cannot fathom that actual due process will be determining the fate of the murderer in this case.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
crabapplejoe, you're doing the same thing many of the people that are attacking Zimmerman are doing. Making up scenarios without any evidence, and presenting them as facts. You sound alot like 90% of the posts here, just from the opposite side. Calling Martin a violent sociopath is no more informed than calling Zimmerman a racist vigilane. A conclusion not based on facts.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 PM

21 posts, read 14,137 times
Quote:
You have no way of knowing that Martin didn't explain himself to Zimmerman, as his cell phone went dead. Why would Martin believe that Zimmerman was acting in any official capacity? Many young men trusted John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer as well.
Oh please, save the drama. It doesn't matter whether Zimmerman was acting in "any official capacity"....he was an adult talking to a "child" who was acting suspicious in a neighborhood which had been victimized numerous times. All Trayvon had to do was say "hey dude I live here at my father's girlfriend's rented apartment because I have been kicked out of school for drug reasons"....I'm sure Zimmerman would have let it go at that......

Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapplejoe View Post
Oh please, save the drama. It doesn't matter whether Zimmerman was acting in "any official capacity"....he was an adult talking to a "child" who was acting suspicious in a neighborhood which had been victimized numerous times. All Trayvon had to do was say "hey dude I live here at my father's girlfriend's rented apartment because I have been kicked out of school for drug reasons"....I'm sure Zimmerman would have let it go at that......
ALL GZ had to do was follow the 911 operators instructions, who has said the Sanford pd told her to tell him NOT to follow. GZ wanted to kill that night; next time he might pick a 3rd world nation to try it in. In 25 years, he can move to one. Right now, he is in a 67 sq foot cage, where he belongs, like any other uncivilized animal.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Or leaves to attend anniverseries of past David Duke rallies.
It's obvious you have a problem with handling the truth....so you try to shoot the messanger....met you a 1000 times....boring.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
ALL GZ had to do was follow the 911 operators instructions, who has said the Sanford pd told her to tell him NOT to follow. GZ wanted to kill that night; next time he might pick a 3rd world nation to try it in. In 25 years, he can move to one. Right now, he is in a 67 sq foot cage, where he belongs, like any other uncivilized animal.
The dispacther, not the "911 operators" said "you don't have to do that"....they didn't "tell him NOT to follow"....and Zimmerman said "OK"...after that he was attacked by the "child" Trayvon who was six inches taller than Zimmerman....he will be bonded out next week and the case will be dismissed ultimately....Trayvon was a sociopathic punk who hunted Zimmerman down and tried to kill him....unfortunately for him he did not realize that Zimmerman had a concealed carry premit.....

Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Its obvious that many preferred the "sweep it under the rug" way of the legal system in murders like these in the South that routinely occured just 45 years ago. They cannot fathom that actual due process will be determining the fate of the murderer in this case.
Yes, and Zimmerman is the poster boy for that sense of entitlement. If I'd pushed an undercover police officer, I'd be in prison...at the least, I wouldn't be able to own a gun. A fair trial for Zimmerman seems like an
equitable result considering he took a life...and has yet to express remorse.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapplejoe View Post
The dispacther, not the "911 operators" said "you don't have to do that"....they didn't "tell him NOT to follow"....and Zimmerman said "OK"...
Agreed on that, and based on evidence other posters have presented, Zimmerman did stop when simply told "we don't need you to do that". At that time he was over 200 feet from Martin's residence, where he remained for several minutes. Martin then approached Zimmerman. What we don't know is how it went down from there.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, and Zimmerman is the poster boy for that sense of entitlement. If I'd pushed an undercover police officer, I'd be in prison...at the least, I wouldn't be able to own a gun. A fair trial for Zimmerman seems like an
equitable result considering he took a life...and has yet to express remorse.

The reality is GZ was going to KILL someone. It was just a matter of when. The clowns who become one man vigilante squads, and this was a solo community watch unit, are the Dirty Harry wanna bes. GZ had a criminal record already. We are a safer nation for as many years as he remains caged.

Now he'll have an opportunity should he have any real evidence to present, but not the hearsay garbage, nor his brothers opinion of him. The 911 call is obviously a key piece for sure, and the state will no doubt use the voice analysis experts, plus by now, they know how far GZ, the executioner, stood. I'm sure they will take note of his Boo Boo that night. Love that tape of him coming out of the police car in super shape.

It is wonderful though to sense the fear in the GZ lovers crowd. This will not be a De La Beckwith 1964 or so trial.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Agreed on that, and based on evidence other posters have presented, Zimmerman did stop when simply told "we don't need you to do that". At that time he was over 200 feet from Martin's residence, where he remained for several minutes. Martin then approached Zimmerman. What we don't know is how it went down from there.
Agreed.....but the interview with "John the neighbor" indicates that Trayvon was the agressor on top of Zimmerman beating on him....with Zimmerman calling out for help....just the facts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies