Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It sounds like he did while he was screaming for help.
except that experts say it was TM screaming. I know his daddy said it was him.

Don't you think it is kind of odd that he wasn't had contact with his father or brother in years?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I never said any such thing. I asked what part of slamming someone to the ground you believe leaves marks on the one doing the slamming. I asked that because YOU said that you assumed beating someone up this way would leave the assailant with marks on his hands.
but when there is a struggle you usually use your hands to get someone down, no? Did he just willingly lie down on the ground?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Every voice analyst? All of them? LOL There are first hand eye witnesses who say they heard Zimmerman screaming for help. Some "voice analyst" can't beat that.
If they never heard their voices how could they say who it was?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Do you ever go back and read some of the stuff you post later on and laugh at it?
You?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's ridiculous. How would they possibly know what his voice sounds like when he's screaming? Does he do that often?
I wonder if "John" already knew Zimmerman.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Because they know Zimmerman, they were there and they saw him screaming while on his back on the ground during the attack before shooting Trayvon.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:25 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
but when there is a struggle you usually use your hands to get someone down, no? Did he just willingly lie down on the ground?
I have no idea, and neither do you. None of us know who attacked whom, who was the aggressor, who was winning or losing the fight. At this point, only Zimmerman knows. Your assumption that the attacker should have injuries in his hands is incorrect. I know this from personal experience.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
except that experts say it was TM screaming. I know his daddy said it was him.

Don't you think it is kind of odd that he wasn't had contact with his father or brother in years?
His daddy said it was NOT NOT NOT (get it?) Trayvon screaming. His mommie said it was.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM

381 posts, read 506,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Why don't you let this play out in a court of law?
the facts are very clear. the court is a result of those that don't know how to interpret the facts.

Quote:
Are you so bent on the CCW winning that nothing else matters?
CCW vs skittles and ice tea = candy fail, ccw wins every time... LoL

Quote:
What if the facts and evidence say that you're wrong?
doesn't matter if i'm right or wrong. Trayvon is dead and the world continues.

Quote:
If Trayvon Martin is a thug, most of the US population probably is.
there is no what if Trayvon is a thug. anyone beating on an armed white hispanic that looks like a used car salesman is a thug.

Quote:
Everyone is not a perfect student and a whole lot of people have tried marijuana.
the prison population is full of failed students and they most likely have tried marijuana.

Quote:
A whole lot of people have a screwdriver in their possession.
not too many students carry screwdrivers in their backpack.

Quote:
Are you so far gone that you don't feel the leat bit of compassion for parents who have los their son?
i don't feel compassion for bad parents. they reap what they sow.

Quote:
Is this only thing that matters to you here that the CCW carrier wins?
when a ccw wins, it's one less thug in society. when there's no longer a need for prisons, then there's no longer a need for ccw.

the facts point out that Trayvon is a pothead with no respect for school or the law. zimmerman has a record of complaints but facts shows he was being beatened and the attacker had no injuries. doesn't matter if zimmerman had a record of complaints. that does not deny him of his right to self defense.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Did you read the charging documents? The prosecutor lists as a reason for the 2nd degree murder charge that Zimmerman incorrectly profiled Martin as a criminal. A potential response from the defense is to show why Zimmerman's profiling of Martin may not be incorrect. They can point to the fact that Martin was young black and most importantly not a resident of the development. This would match the profile of previously suspected individuals who had been responsible for previous burglaries in the development.

Another tactic is to show through the history of Martin that what Zimmerman observered that day may have been some sort of criminal activity (ie casing homes for future burglaries). As distateful as this maybe to you Zimmerman's lawyers have a duty to mount a vigorous defense of their client if by doing so they dredge up some uncomfortable facts about Trayvon, so be it.
Are you Zimmerman's lawyer? I read the charging document, which does not contain any actual evidence or witness statements. She also said that Trayvon Martin's mother identified the voice on the 911 tape as his and brought up the dispatcher telling Zimmerman not to follow Trayvon Martin (this has nothing to do with race). The document is not a trial, it is to establish that there is probable cause to charge him. The judge decided that there was. The fat lady isn't anywhere near the buiding yet.

So far Zimmerman's lawyer does not seem tacky and classless enough to bring race into it. I sincerely doubt he will bring up TM's race as a reason for Zimmerman following him, since they are probably trying to avoid that altogether, aside from proving that Zimmerman was not racist or racially profiling. As far as "uncomfortable facts" go, there are some about Zimmerman as well that can be used to prove that he is aggressive and violent. Having marijuana or a screwdriver and some jewlery on your posession doesn't make a person a criminal. However, being convicted of a crime does.

What is distasteful to me is the people in this thread who value their firearm so much that they have no compassion or understanding when it comes to parents losing their child. A child that did not have to die and the poster that said that his parents are not decent people because they are divorced. Considering the divorce rate in this country, there must be a lot of indecent people here. The people in here with an agenda are disgusting. Some are here to prove that black males are all criminals and that Trayvon Martin deserved to die because he had to be up to no good because Zimmerman said so. Then there are the ones that are so obsessed with the second amendment and guns that they can't see that a gun owner who claims self-defense could be lying or in the wrong.

In order for Zimmerman to live, did Trayvon have to die? I don't think so. I don't care if he smoked marijuana or how many times that he was suspended. He deserved to live. His parents deserved to have their son. That is what matters to me. SYG sucks and gives a bunch of trigger happy idiots green light to shoot anyone the please and say that it was self defense. I do value human life - not just the lives of fetuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies