Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

The chief law enforcement officer upon whose watch the largest illegal gun-running operation in our country's history resulting in the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of innocents on both sides of the border, and still no one in his departments have been held accountable, is suddenly seeking justice.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
How Holder still has a job is beyond comprehension.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
As much as I support the right of people to own guns and protect themselves, I think you are correct here.
I've realized that some people are confused. The knee jerk reaction when SYG is argued and its ambiguity of it is pointed out, is to declare the rights of The 2nd amendment. SYG and The 2nd amendment do not go hand in hand.

A license to carry a gun is not a license to kill at your own discretion while abandoning rule of law. DUH!''

SYG needs to be revisted and exposed for what it is. A law quickly and quietly legislated by NRA lobbyists to suit their agenda that has no positive bearing on the justice system.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:18 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
You don't have to be a doctor to think someone is on something.

Hell, Martin could have tripped over a crack and Zimmerman saw that and thought he was on something stumbling around.

I saw two kids the other day walking by my office at 4pm, walking reallllyyyy slow and swaying, weird stuff. Yes I thought they were on something.
Being on something...alcohol...pharma product...pot...cocaine etc..does not ensure the idea that there will be wild and uncontrolled aggression...

One could come up to a bum on the street..beat the crap out of him for sadistic recreation...then tell the cops "he was off his meds"...or that he is known for having metal issues and has a history of violence...It's easy to discredit someone...especially if that person can not speak for themselves...which Martin could not do..

I knew this guy who was fighting with a woman in a bar...she dials 9 11 on her cell...he comes up to her from behind and dumps a large glass of whiskey on her head...The cops come and take the woman away...because she smells really drunk..the guy then sits down with a smile and orders another drink..shrewd and manipulative move seeing he was the bad guy...and she was the victim.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:18 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
I'm not seeing where his remarks are out of line.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Trayvon Martin mom Sybrina Fulton on Zimmerman shooting:

Trayvon Martin's mom Sybrina Fulton said in an interview on the "Today" show Thursday that she believes it was "an accident" that George Zimmerman shot and killed her son in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26.
It appears that Trayvon's family has a lot more empathy and compassion for GZ than GZ's family has for their dead son.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
There is no proof that he was looking to break into homes, but there is proof that he went to the store. Your low opinion of him is irrelevent, but not surprising since you automatically assume that the majority of blacks have nothing but crime on their minds, although in actuality, the majority of blacks are not criminals.

I read an article about some racists that hacked TM's email account. There was nothing there, but information about college, SAT and scholarships, but some of you are so focused on the marijuana residue incident, his Twitter, the screwdriver and jewelry and trying to paint this picture of TM as a sub-human thug that you refuse to see him as a human being.

Some of the posters here who are attacking Trayvon Martin's character have been suspended from school, smoked marijuana (or worse), gotten a tattoo or have been arrested. These same people use TM's school suspension as justificaion for his murder. Just because he has been suspended from school (never for violence or theft) does not mean that he was up to no good.

The same people who are so focused on TMs school suspensions dismiss GZ's arrest record and rumours of aggressive behavior, but believe that he was attacked while simply doing a good deed with no question. GZ says TM attacked him while he was reaching for his cell phone to call 911 again (according to his father's recount of what GZ told him). If Travyon Martin attacked GZ when he was reaching for something, I believe it was his gun. Why does Trayvon Martin not have the right to defend himself? If he felt that his life was in danger and he attacked GZ, he would have the right to do so under the same law that GZ is claiming that he did.

How can you or any of the other GZ supporters who hope that he is exonerated without knowing all the facts place such a low value on TM's life? How can some of you sit here and actually get upset because his parents want justice for their son and some of you even had the audacity to call his parents POS. I bet the same people who are in here calling his parents POS, calling him a thug and wishing that GZ gets away with this sit in church every Sunday and call yourselves Christian. Some of you are so focused on hating blacks, proving a point and your obsession with the second amendment that you can't see why people are upset, why his parents would be upset, why there should be a thorough investigation or why GZ should have his day in court. If the evidence shows that he acted in self-defense, so be it. If not, then let him be punished accordingly.
Excellent post. Thank you.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Because you feel uncomfortable being followed does not give you the right to be the FIRST PHYSICAL AGGRESSOR. IF Zimmerman is telling the truth and Martin hit him FIRST AND slammed his head on the concrete, then Zimmerman had the right to shoot under current Florida law. IF Zimmerman threw the first punch, then he will be found guilty and jailed accordingly; as it should be.

If the result of this law leads to outcomes such as that of Martin, Florida can kiss their tourism industry goodbye.

I for one will not go to a wild-west environment where my life could be taken just because someone misinterpreted something I did.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Those you speak of have a clear message they wanted sent to black people and it didn't happen. Now they hope for a not guilty verdict for the same reason. They will never understand what you are saying because they place no value on someone like Trayvons life. Some tea party leader idiot was on fox news today angry as hell about GZ being arrested and ranting about black people. It was disgusting
This.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the result of this law leads to outcomes such as that of Martin, Florida can kiss their tourism industry goodbye.

I for one will not go to a wild-west environment where my life could be taken just because someone misinterpreted something I did.
I stopped my son from going there last week for that very reason. FL is a very dangerous place with this law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies