Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
depending on what state you live, ccw requirements differs. but those that ccw are not allowed to drink and carry. you are clueless or the ones you know that ccw are not licensed.

since you asked me directly, then i will respond directly, my kids and i practice tactical training with LEO and military servicemen. no, we don't live in an underground bunker waiting for doomsday. instead of playing video games, we like to have fun doing weekly war games and tactical scenarios with a group of like minded people.

as for how easy it is to draw and fire with someone on your chest, it's very easy. just twist your body from your hip and the firearm will be accessible. it's a natural body reaction to being pinned down. one does not lay still and allow further injuries to themselves. we don't practice armchair tactics we use applied knowledge.

You are correct if you are just pinned down and not getting your head bashed on concrete and your nose broken as well. Besides if that was the case how come he (zimmerman) did not have blood on him from shooting upward?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 PM

381 posts, read 506,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Dangerous or not.....break into my house and you are getting shot.
that's what my original perspective was. but since i grew up as a church going liberal, it was a hard decision at that moment. i learned something about myself that day. guns don't turn people into gun toting vigilante, it's the quality of the person that holds that gun that determines the outcome. i would rather take on some injuries before deciding to shoot someone, just as zimmerman had done.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So why would a young Black male be any more suspect than a White or Hispanic male or female?

A homeowner who reported that someone had broken into her home and stolen a video game console referred police to a black man who had previously visited her home asking for her son.

After an investigation into the matter, police did not list that man as a suspect in their report.

In the other four incidents, there were no witnesses or suspects, according to police reports.

Yet every time I read about the burglaries, it says they were committed by young, Black males.
Of course that is not right. We don't know if Zimmerman would have acted differently had Martin been white or hispanic or asian.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 PM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
My post did not make sense? I can understand if you disagree with any speculation, but not making sense? That was quite a poor choice of words.
Your speculation was that this 17 year old football player was afraid of being abducted by a child molester. Yet at the same time, he was afraid of running from this percieived child molester because said child molester would think he was a criminal. In my opinion...that doesn't make sense.

Look, I feel for Martin and his family, the whole situation is a tragety.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
1) 28 is not middle aged
2) This man is not overweight which shows he lost weight from that 1st picture that was terribly released meaning he probably works out. Wouldn't you think?

Glad to know that at least the process will play out. Where it goes who knows but keep in mind this is FL and all know how well Prosecutors in Florida handle high profile murder cases (Casey Anthony). IMO they went for too much with 2nd degree murder and will lose because of that.
The first picture was from 2005, and trayvon's picture was from when he was 13 years old FYI.

The judge is offering to recuse herself from the case as she is married to a guy who works for the CNN case analyst.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
that's what my original perspective was. but since i grew up as a church going liberal, it was a hard decision at that moment. i learned something about myself that day. guns don't turn people into gun toting vigilante, it's the quality of the person that holds that gun that determines the outcome. i would rather take on some injuries before deciding to shoot someone, just as zimmerman had done.
I can certainly respect your disposition. My view on the matter is this.

While I live by the non-aggression principle, if somebody were to break into my house, I am not making the gaffe of "good intention" and going as far to FIND OUT if they are dangerous or not.

The way I see it is that could cost your family members their lives as well..

Some animals in the wild mock charge and some don't even give a warning.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:39 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Exactly right. Numerous posts here show that a majority feel that a disproportionate use of force is always justified. Mostly this is not legal and it is always a sore point among the gun owners that they can't just blast away at anyone who even looks suspicious. My jaw drops at the thought that people think Trayvon should have left this world on his knees without even throwing a punch. He was a thug after all. What kind of street cred would he have in hell after something like that? The whole thing reeks. Defending Zimmerman is only easy if you think he had no choice but to shoot Martin to death. There are at least three ways Zimmerman could have put Martin down without killing him. But, to a hammer all problems look like a nail. To a gun owner/carrier all dicey situations look like a need to use deadly force. There will be no end of Trayvon Martins until there is an end to the lax gun laws in the United States of America.
H
The pendulum has swung the other way for the criminal thugs and they don't like it When being pummeled to death by someone twice your/my size, you better believe I will shoot them and now maybe the thugs will find a new way to make a living, knowing they cannot take advantage of the weak. We have an advantage now, it is called the castle doctrine and he thugs don't like it one bit. I say tough zhit!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Of course that is not right. We don't know if Zimmerman would have acted differently had Martin been white or hispanic or asian.
Where did I say that? What "is not right?"

The facts? Did I call Zimmerman a racist? No.

I simply stated a FACT, which is that Zimmerman sent out newsletters telling the residents of the Retreat at Twin Lakes to look out for young Black males who were committing burglaries. One resident said he wouldn't feel safe taking a walk in his own community because one of the descriptions by Zimmerman described him.

I also said that his friend, Frank Taaffe, said in a statement that there was a rash of burglaries "all" committed by Blacks. That's also a fact. Want me to find you a video?

Then I looked into the real police records and he's lying. In fact, most of them have never been resolved. As I wrote in my last post, one resident told police she suspected a Black man who had visited her home but the police didn't even list him as a suspect because there was no evidence linking him to a crime. Maybe what I was trying to point out went over your head.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times
Can't wait for the riots when Zimmerman is set free as the innocent man he is.

Hope he get's some big $$$ in a lawsuit for the unjust treatment by the media and law enforcement,interviews and a book deal, maybe even movie.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Now, let's look at the facts from the Sanford police: 8 burglaries in the 14 months prior to the shooting on Feb 26.

In 3 of those incidents, Black males were implicated by witnesses or arrests. (think only 1 arrest)

So why would a young Black male be any more suspect than a White or Hispanic male or female?
So, in 3 of the 8 cases in question, the suspects were identified by witnesses as black males? How were the suspects in the remaining 5 cases identified or described? Or were they? And were the suspects in the 3 cases where blacks were identified captured and in jail at the time the other burglaries happened?

If no suspects were observed or identified in the remaining 5 cases, it would mean that in 100% of the cases where there was a description, it was a black male. And if that person or persons had not been captured, it's not unreasonable to think they could be behind the remaining ones.

You haven't provided enough data to support or negate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies