Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 05:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,675,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
My prediction in a jury trial is Zimmerman walks.....IF he sticks to his version of the story AND Martin threw the FIRST punch AND Martin was slamming his head on the concrete then UNDER THE LAW AS CURRENTLY WRITTEN he had the right to shoot. We shall see.
I see this situation as Martin the one who felt threatened and any violence Martin may have directed toward Zimmerman was in self defense. In other words, Martin was murdered while standing his ground.

4,520 posts, read 4,193,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Do not have died in vain means you died for something and a purpose was served by the death. Exactly what did this kid die for and what purpose was served?
I know that you aren't seeking a sincere answer, so I won't bother with this non-question.

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,900,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Yes, but the folks who were shouting "Wait for the investigation to be completed before you rush to judgement" will now probably change their tune and say that the investigation was rigged and Zimmerman is only being charged to appease the public.
I am guessing that when it is all over, Zimmerman will end up pleading guilty to a lesser charge like manslaughter. He will serve a year or two in prison and never be allowed to own a gun again. I doubt very seriously that this case ever makes it to trial.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,505,194 times
Quote:
Yes, but the folks who were shouting "Wait for the investigation to be completed before you rush to judgement" will now probably change their tune and say that the investigation was rigged and Zimmerman is only being charged to appease the public.
That has already started.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,938,241 times
Quote:

That's exactly what they are saying. First they said he wouldn't be charged, now they're saying that he won't be convicted, I guess next comes "he won't get anything more than probation." Just shaking my head at these people. According to Angela corey, she does not prosecute because of the media and did not make this decision lightly. I suppose interviewing witnesses and evidence was all for show. People think they know everything when in fact, we know nothing about the forensic evidence, autopsy, GZ's medical records, ballastic report etc. The Zimmerman supporters are still thinking they can determine the outcome of this case based on his testimony alone.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,505,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The only injustice I can think of is that a man was charged with murder (when he is really only guilty of manslaughter) just to prevent people from going ape****.
Nothing will stop it. Why must it continue.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:52 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,649,945 times
We all know how this plays out.......he will be found not guilty or manslaughter ... may serve some time...come out...write his book......become a millionaire.....thats how we roll in the USA

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,900,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
That's exactly what they are saying. First they said he wouldn't be charged, now they're saying that he won't be convicted, I guess next comes "he won't get anything more than probation." Just shaking my head at these people. According to Angela corey, she does not prosecute because of the media and did not make this decision lightly. I suppose interviewing witnesses and evidence was all for show. People think they know everything when in fact, we know nothing about the forensic evidence, autopsy, GZ's medical records, ballastic report etc. The Zimmerman supporters are still thinking they can determine the outcome of this case based on his testimony alone.
Yes and when he is convicted or pleads guilty, they will say that it was a travesty of justice and that he didn't get a fair trial.

4,520 posts, read 4,193,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I am guessing that when it is all over, Zimmerman will end up pleading guilty to a lesser charge like manslaughter. He will serve a year or two in prison and never be allowed to own a gun again. I doubt very seriously that this case ever makes it to trial.
I honestly don't think Zimmerman will take a plea deal. I think he's confident in his SYG/self-defense stance.

I also hope he isn't offered a plea deal.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,938,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Yes and when he is convicted or pleads guilty, they will say that it was a travesty of justice and that he didn't get a fair trial.

If GZ turns out to be a liar (and I think he will) and a cold blooded murder, they will still defend him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies