Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg is a liberal. No surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 06:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The fundamental goal of Bloomberg and the rest of the elites on both the Right and the Left is to disarm everyone not in their club of wealth and privilege. This has been the basis of weapons control since OGG banned anyone but him and his guards from having chipped flint knives instead of just stones and clubs.

If someone attacks or physically threatens you attack with unrestrained fierceness. Use every skill and weapon you might have or can grab including your assailant’s. Do not stop until the attack is stopped or you are incapacitated or dead.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Smile Bloomberg Takes on Stand Your Ground Laws

Mayor Bloomberg takes a stand against controversial self-defense law - NY Daily News

Not a fan of his generally, but here I'm glad to see him use his stature as the mayor of the nation's largest city and his widespread recognition factor. PLus, of course, he is one of few pols who has supporters in both political parties.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Please combine these threads. thank you.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:02 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
The day that every one carries a gun and starts blasting away at people when we have a "reason " to believe they are going to hurt us is when we have chaos. IMO a gun law that has to use weasel words like "reasonable belief" is not good gun law. Think about it, under this law I can blast anyone who I believe is showing aggression toward me. So if I need some thing to do I can pack heat walk around the hood late at night and blast people. So long as they have a criminal record its a free kill. That's the society we live in. Now lets all go out and enjoy our new guns!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Default more hyperbole from the left.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The day that every one carries a gun and starts blasting away at people when we have a "reason " to believe they are going to hurt us is when we have chaos. IMO a gun law that has to use weasel words like "reasonable belief" is not good gun law. Think about it, under this law I can blast anyone who I believe is showing aggression toward me. So if I need some thing to do I can pack heat walk around the hood late at night and blast people. So long as they have a criminal record its a free kill. That's the society we live in. Now lets all go out and enjoy our new guns!
It is obvious the above poster doesn't know diddley squat about the stand your ground laws. The perception is not merely about aggression but must pose an imminent lethal threat. Frankly, the laws are quite clear, despite the anti-2A rhetoric by the "pro-disarm and victim enrichment zone" folk.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 AM

628 posts, read 1,315,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They have gone beyond basic self defense.
No they havent. If you cant prove that your life was in danger or that you were going to suffer great bodily harm...then you will be charged and prosecuted. What do you suggest someone does.....stand there and let some perp beat you to within an inch of yor life and do nothing but scream for help? Who's coming to help you? The cops.....maybe in 10 minutes. You have the right to stand your ground in any place where you have the legal right to be.
If some 300 lb thug is beating the crap outta your wife in the walmart parking lot.....would you want her to lay down and die or shoot the moron?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is obvious the above poster doesn't know diddley squat about the stand your ground laws. The perception is not merely about aggression but must pose an imminent lethal threat.
the law is nebulous, Zimmerman was released when there was no lethal threat to him, the word reasonable belief means he thought this was a dangerous person so he killed him and the law enforcement let him go home

Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 AM

994 posts, read 724,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Mayor Bloomberg takes a stand against controversial self-defense law - NY Daily News

Not a fan of his generally, but here I'm glad to see him use his stature as the mayor of the nation's largest city and his widespread recognition factor. PLus, of course, he is one of few pols who has supporters in both political parties.
Maybe within New York he has bipartisan support but his attempts at banning salt and supporting the Ground Zero mosque I think hurt him rather badly with the conservative crowd nationwide.

Plus, his quote that stand your ground laws are intended to promote vigilantism is a lie, pure and simple. How is not being required to run away when threatened equivalent to being a vigilante? I mean, not only is it inaccurate, but it doesn't even make logical sense. They are nowhere close to being the same thing.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
the law is nebulous, Zimmerman was released when there was no lethal threat to him, the word reasonable belief means he thought this was a dangerous person so he killed him and the law enforcement let him go home
The Florida Stand your Ground law may not apply to the Zimmerman/Martin case. Time and court results will ultimately decide that case; so, try not to deflect. The law is not nebulous, in fact, it is very clear.

Every homocide is not murder. When it is not clearly murder law enforcement must allow a person to remain free until they have the evidence to charge him/her. Or, are you arguing for arrests and unlimited detention without charges?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies