Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Apparently, this opinion was pulled out of thin air. I'll just let it hang there but it is certainly not based on any facts.
Guess I was correct.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I know a ton of black people, and I have nothing against them or the blacks in my family. At the end of the day, I still look...Dominican? Arab? South Asian?

My kind of sort of girlfriend is black and Korean...and black girls from the East Coast, for the most part, only like tall, dark skinned men with a six pack of prison muscles. I speak proper English and do not like rap, hence the "Laquaishas" and the "Rashondas" don't want anything to do with me.

And, as un PC as it is to say, black American girls tend to be ugly as sin. BUT AFRICAN GIRLS IN AMERICAN ARE GENERALLY HOTTER THAN HELL. If you see a beautiful, intelligent, dark skinned girl, nine out of ten she's probably from Nigeria, Ghana, or some other place in Africa or the Caribbean. Black American girls tend to be two hundred pounds of illiterate attitude with five kids by six men (they're waiting to go on Maury and find little Tyrone's baby daddy)

I am about 90% sure that if I do ever get married, it will probably be to a mixed girl...but I do have a couple of people from Italy insisting that I check out the girls in Rome.
Wow...clearly I have yet to read enough of this thread.

Dominicans, Arabs and South Asians come in all different shades and features. In my family, people of South Asian descent range from very dark to very light. Some have straight hair and others have wavy hair etc.

Secondly, if you don't see beautiful, intelligent, dark skinned black American women then you should really change your surroundings. It says much about you that you would label an entire group of women as ugly as sin when clearly they are not...smh.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Wow...clearly I have yet to read enough of this thread.

Dominicans, Arabs and South Asians come in all different shades and features. In my family, people of South Asian descent range from very dark to very light. Some have straight hair and others have wavy hair etc.

Secondly, if you don't see beautiful, intelligent, dark skinned black American women then you should really change your surroundings. It says much about you that you would label an entire group of women as ugly as sin when clearly they are not...smh.
I have told him that on numerous occasions, but for some reason he keeps repeating the same tired stuff.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I have told him that on numerous occasions, but for some reason he keeps repeating the same tired stuff.
So this isn't that first thread from him about this?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
So this isn't that first thread from him about this?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:29 PM

Ok well...I'll step back from it then. The more i read in this thread anyway...

Old 03-04-2013, 12:51 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have now officially vowed to never again call myself Black or African American (God, I hate that term) again. I could say I'm Black and European, or colored (non-white) but I am through saying I'm black and now realize I should never have identified as black.
I'm half Black American, half Italian...okay, my black father was 1/4 Cherokee and 1/8th English, but he's pretty dark. My mother was as Italian as Al Capone. My grand parents were fresh off the boat Italian, from Catania, in Sicily. We had the traditional seven fishes every Christmas and I was fed Italian wine when I was like twelve and my grandfather would play opera records while he worked around his house and I was raised Catholic. My father was black, and I spent a lot of time with my black family too.
Anyway, I was at a bar with some folks the other day and I mentioned that I always wanted to learn Italian, which I never picked up from my relatives and I said I always wanted to know my family's mother tongue. Well, a black guy overheard and gave me the look of death, but didn't say anything. I asked him what his problem was and the SAME F^^^^ fight that I've had numerous times with black people broke out. He said, and I quote, "n^^^^a, you know you ain't no damn Italian! What, you gotta problem being black?"
My chums at the bar were quite loud in their rebuttals, and the outnumbered black fellow made that hiss sound and walked away.
I've gotten this SO DAMN MUCH. Black folks, insisting I call myself black exclusively and ignore the dominate part of my DNA (My mother was all Italian, my father was not all black, hence, genetically, I'm mostly Italian) They give me this reaction of contempt and anger if I so much as acknowledge my other side.
And then, they even seem to get mad at me for the crime of being alive. Some pure black Americans look at me with hatred when they hear me talk. It's like they're afraid I'm going to pollute their Afro-Aryan gene pool, being this brown skinned fellow who has the nerve to speak proper English.
And spare me...SPARE ME that "one drop rule" crap. That was the law once upon a time, yes...but it was also against the law for anyone with black blood to learn to read, does that mean I should never go back to school? How much should I care about what some long dead bigot thinks?
Or, they say "if this was back in the day, you would be enslaved by the white man." Yes...and if I was in Haiti right after the revolution, the blacks would have gladly lopped my head off. If I was in South Africa RIGHT NOW I would be treated like dirt by the black majority who discriminate against the mixed-race coloureds. So, I shouldn't identify with a group that wants to oppress me...unless that group is the blacks, then it's okay if I identify with the oppressor.
And I don't identify as only white either, but the more I think about it...why should I be ashamed for having white blood? If I called myself black exclusively, as many mulattoes do, wouldn't being ashamed being exactly what I'm doing? I mean, if a mixed person said "I'm white" despite being light brown, people would think they're ashamed of having black blood. But, if they say "I'm black," no one thinks it's because they're ashamed of having white blood.
And the funniest part is, I've met so many people from Italy, and none of them had a problem with me being black and Italian. I say I want to learn Italian, and they think I mean right then and there and they try to teach me some words. They never seem to have any problem with a mixed race Italian...but "my brothers?" The minute they find out I am mixed and am not afraid to admit it they have problems.
As none-PC as it may be to say, in my lifetime I have found that blacks are twice as racist as whites when it comes to this. I got beaten up as a kid by the pure blacks who hated me for having lighter skin and clearly Italian features (strong cheek bones, dark under my eyes, shorter statue etc)
It was never a member of the KKK or a skinhead who chased me around calling me the "N word" and trying to kick my butt, it was the black kids who did just that. Plus, I'm not culturally ghetto, so it was even worse...
...look at it this way: a white kid wearing a T-shirt of a heavy metal band walks past some black ghetto kids. They wouldn't do anything...but a mulatto kid in a T-shirt for a heavy metal band walks past the same black thugs, and they are going to attack him for listening to "white music." I know because I WAS that mulatto kid.
I mean, is a white guy betraying his race if he prefers rap to blue grass music? No, and hardly no white people would give him any problems. But if a person of black origin, part or full, hates rap and likes heavy metal and rock? All of a sudden he's "acting white" and he's a traitor.
First of all, listening to Jimmy Hendrix as opposed to Kenya West is hardly "acting white" and second, I am half white! So I should never listen to music or experience the culture of the other side of me? (again, I should be ashamed of having white blood, and no one has a problem with that)
And yes, I hate rap...if no one is singing, playing an instrument, or composing, IT ISN'T MUSIC! I would much rather listen to rock, metal, electronic music or classical. But because that is not "orthodox Negroid thought" and it is bad enough that I am breathing while mixed and not a pure Afro-Aryan, I am a target for so many racist blacks.

I have nothing against black people, or my black blood. But, if I call myself black, I would be betraying my other half and embracing a people who so often have issues with my very existence. Hence, I am half-black, and will never call myself black again...
...and for the record, Obama isn't black either. But he lived a sheltered upperclass lifestyle in Hawaii and didn't go through what I went through on the East Coast, so he's a different story. He's also a failure of a president who should be a one term wonder...but that's another thing blacks would attack me for saying out loud.
I'm sorry you got so much grief from the black community growing up.
I'm sorry you still get grief today as an adult.

I appreciate your unique perspective and believe it is really too bad that half your cultural heritage rejects you because you don't embrace the more negative aspects of the culture.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I'm sorry you got so much grief from the black community growing up.
I'm sorry you still get grief today as an adult.

I appreciate your unique perspective and believe it is really too bad that half your cultural heritage rejects you because you don't embrace the more negative aspects of the culture.
The OP always pulls the 'tragic mulatto' card from the bottom of the deck. His accounts do not ring true....sorry.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Obviously because I have no idea what the relevancy of your South African reference has to do with my post.

Because in South Africa, as in many other places, mixed people are hated by blacks and whites. Too black for the whites, too white for the blacks. And you conveniently ignored my other link I see

Quote:
But having said that, I am curious as to why you have so many problems with this issue when my daughter who is half undiluted Ashkenazi and half African American doesn't suffer from the same problems that you seem to suffer from. When she is asked by anyone, she calmly states (if she cares to address the issue at all) that her mother is a Jew and her father is an African American end of story. If anyone dares to take the conversation to a more protracted and negative direction they risk being taken down by her scathing wit (where she gets that from is a beyond me).
Yes, and I have heard many non-whites ask why they are never pulled over by police unjustly, never looked at funny by people when they shop at higher end stores and insist racism does not exist in America. What's your point? It is called DENIAL. I know that there is white racism against non-whites. Unlike you, however, I admit there is also black racism against mixed and non-black people.

Quote:
So stop calling yourself black, that's your business. Just tell me when your blackness become invisible to white folks.
Fine, and I will tell you when my whiteness stops being an issue with black folks

Never said I am not a minority, only that I am not black. Mestizo Latinos are also treated as minorities by white America...does that make them black?

You suffer from the same problem many blacks do: the old "only black people have suffered and do suffer discrimination" line. They act as if Asian, Latinos, Jews, gays, natives, women etc have had a fantastic time in the USA and NEVER faced any hardship and that hardship, discrimination etc is something only they face. I think it's because, subconsciously, they can't see the sickness in their own community and instead invent a mythology to explain why so many blacks are born out of wedlock and why so many blacks are in prison etc. In this mythology it is because they and only they are the minority, nothing more. If they accepted that mixed people, mestizos, Asians etc are also minorities but aren't doing as bad, that would force them to put the blame on the one group of people they don't want to blame: themselves.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:24 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Well, it is very difficult to generalize because individual people can have vastly different life experiences, but I think an objective look at American history shows that black Americans largely embrace biracial black people.

Majority of mixed people I have met have all said the same thing: blacks are just as likely to accept them as are whites. No more, no less.

And blacks and mixed were thrown together by the law of the "one drop rule" but within the black community they never really were a united group.

Ask any mixed girl how black girls have treated her...I am sure she will have stories to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies