Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
On a predominately black forum, if a white person constantly posted negative articles to highlight the malignancies in the white community, accompanied by the most disparaging comments, would you honestly think they were doing so out of concern for their race; especially, if they incessantly stated they aren't a part of White America? Or, would you think they were suffering from an extreme form of self-hatred, an obsessive desire for black acceptance, or both?
Exhibit A, I don't form my opinions or base what forum I choose to share them on whether white people are present or not. African-Americans are very big on this "keeping everything in house" as if we all can't see the cesspool much of the community has become.

Quote:
You may not realize, but this is not the platform for change. This is simply an internet discussion board. If you truly want to help the Black Community, why don't you volunteer your time, or get involved with organizations that are trying to tackle the problems you abhor? They do exist. Posting negative thread after negative thread accomplishes nothing of substance.
You're right this is an internet discussion forum that I choose to express my opinions on a wide range of subjects, including the state of Black America. I'm not using it to help anyone. Truth be told I fear African- Americans are beyond help since they can't even acknowledge their own internal problems.

Quote:
Furthermore, the ills you so eagerly post are not representative of the majority of black Americans, who are in fact hardworking, decent and honest. I have NEVER blamed white people for anything in my life. I worked hard in college, earned two degrees, and excelled in every position I have held. Nor have I ever hated white people. I relate to people on an individual basis, regardless of race or ethnicity. If you respect me, I will respect you.
It's debatable whether the majority of African-Americans are hardworking. How would you quantify it? At any rate even if I accept your premise what does that have to do with the fact that African-Americans bring up the rear in just about every socioeconomic indicator in the country.

Quote:
I raised a well-mannered and articulate son, who is now 20. He has never been in trouble with the law, never had problems in school, has no children, doesn't use drugs, doesn't drink, doesn't walk around with his pants hanging below his butt, and doesn't listen to gansta rap.
That's great. However 1/3 Black males between 20-29 are involved in the criminal justice system and about half of black males in this age group are unemployed. So your son's success doesn't negate these troubling facts.

Quote:
He was also consistently on the honor roll from kindergarten through his senior year in high school, and has made the dean's list every semester in college. My only complaint is his room looks like a pigsty. There are countless young black men just like him. But, you only focus on the thugs.
Actually it's the black community that focuses on thugs.

Quote:
We will always have elements of criminals, parasites, and other undesirables. That's a given. But, your portrayal of Black America as being the scum of the earth is reprehensible. All you have done is perpetuate a negative image, and feed the hate machine. It's sad that you actually don't comprehend what you are doing.

Scum of the earth? If that's how you choose to take it so be it. Everything I post is a fact or an opinion based on a fact. Every group has criminals but when 12% of a population is responsible for 50% of this country's murders for example there is a problem, whether you choose to realize that or not.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:12 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oh, he knows exactly what he is doing.....which makes it all the more tragic.

Some immigrants are more than eager to step on the necks of Black Americans in order to not be considered the bottom of the totem pole. Its nothing new.
Please. If African-Americans don't want to better themselves whose fault is that? No one is stepping on anyone's neck.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Only the black community focuses on thugs?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times
Quote:
You're right this is an internet discussion forum that I choose to express my opinions on a wide range of subjects, including the state of Black America. I'm not using it to help anyone. Truth be told I fear African- Americans are beyond help since they can't even acknowledge their own internal problems.
Africans have been acknowledging internal problems since the 1970's. You think they don't try to get gang bangers and thugs out of their neighborhoods? They know about black on black crime. They know the statistics.

I don't know know why everybody thinks the AA community doesn't know this.

There have been multiple black leaders that have spoken up and acknowledged these things. Blacks get together in community meetings and rallies to combat this stuff. You just don't pay attention.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Oh, he knows exactly what he is doing.....which makes it all the more tragic.

Some immigrants are more than eager to step on the necks of Black Americans in order to not be considered the bottom of the totem pole. Its nothing new.
You're absolutely right. The following speaks volumes.

Quote:
Exhibit A, I don't form my opinions or base what forum I choose to share them on whether white people are present or not. African-Americans are very big on this "keeping everything in house" as if we all can't see the cesspool much of the community has become.

It's debatable whether the majority of African-Americans are hardworking. How would you quantify it? At any rate even if I accept your premise what does that have to do with the fact that African-Americans bring up the rear in just about every socioeconomic indicator in the country.

That's great. However 1/3 Black males between 20-29 are involved in the criminal justice system and about half of black males in this age group are unemployed. So your son's success doesn't negate these troubling facts.

You are certainly entitled to continue your fervent attack on Black America. Enjoy!

Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
OK, so why haven't discussed how open, loving and embracing your Italian relatives have been to you? Or better yet, how loving and accepting Italian Americans (especially those on the East Coast) have been to you?
My grandfather loved me to death, my cousins liked me, I had one uncle that was pretty cool and the rest...oh, and my grandmother hated everyone and everything on Earth, and seemed to hate me no more than anyone else. But I did have two aunts and an uncle who wanted nothing to do with me because I was half black...
...not to be outdone, my father's sister hated me from the moment I was born and called me "the half breed brat" more times than I could ever remember. I had a cousin who beat me up...repeat, BEAT ME TO A BLOODY PULP for being a "yellow motha'f****" and another cousin who made fun of my having a white mother over and over again.
So it's been a mixed bag, from both the blacks and the whites in my family.

Quote:
And while we are at it. I find it interesting that you fixate on how "the Blacks" have done ya wrong but you have not contrasted that with examples of how you have been embraced by Italian Americans.
Most are okay with that, but some are pricks. I admit there are a lot of racist whites and Italians...but also a lot of racist blacks who feel I'm "polluting the gene pool."
BUT, Italians from Italy have always been cool as hell towards me.
Quote:
Plus, you are very quick to stereotype Black American women yet there are numerous examples of the stereotypes of young Italian Americans (Jersey Shore or Jerseylicious anyone?) Are we supposed to ignore those stereotypes against Italian Americans while accepting those regarding Black Americans? And if so, why?
Oh, I posted some of the examples of Italian American people behaving badly on this very thread. Yes, you do get the big "hey, it's Vinnie ova'here!" types, I know. As Mark Twain once said, "All stereotypes are completely untrue...including that one I just made."

As I said before, we mixed people are too blacks for the whites and too white for the blacks. I feel most comfortable around my own kind, i.e., self identifying mixed people who understand that we can't choose a side, black or white, because neither side will ever be completely comfortable with our very existence.

I NEVER said I was white...believe it or not, there are races other than just black and white (China is full of such a race ) And that is my race: Pardo/mulatto/coloured.

I hate to break it to you but, our ranks are growing:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/us...pagewanted=all

Pretty soon, just like Brazilians know Pardoes are neither black nor white and the Caribbean knows mulattoes are neither black nor white and Mexico knows Mestizos are neither Native nor white, America will join THE REST OF THE PLANET in acknowledging that we mixed people are OUR OWN RACE and belong, ultimately, to both and neither the black or white race.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Please. If African-Americans don't want to better themselves whose fault is that? No one is stepping on anyone's neck.
I agree...this is my favorite speech on that very subject, written by a black man on a black show:

Boondocks - Martin Luther King Speech - YouTube

Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
That's what I'm saying. I've listened to rock and metal all my life. I have never been beaten, pulverized, or attacked for it. All he is doing generalizing a race.

There is obviously another reason he got beat up.
Again, if someone said that they grew up dark as Wesley Snipes in Alabama and never experienced racism while dating white women...am I suppose to believe that too?

And if I said I was beaten up by white people for being half black, would you have a problem with that? You just want to believe blacks aren't as bad as whites in how they treat us, when that is not the truth. Neither side will ever be completely comfortable with mixed people and in the end, I have more in common with a self identifying mixed person than I would with a black or a white.

Oh, and here is another "made up" story about blacks discriminating against mixed race people...but then again, those Zulus in the ANC are my "African Brothers" huh?

Press release: Outright discrimination against Coloured community nothing new

Even though they are in another country...there are a people who are neither black, nor white, and are discriminated against by both, and hence I feel a connection to them. Just as all people of black African descent felt about apartheid, I feel about what the coloureds face in SA today...but I have yet to hear ONE SINGLE SOLITARY full black Afro-Aryan so much as sigh and say "yeah, it is wrong what the blacks are doing to them." But I forgot, all blacks love us mixed race people

Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Well, you could always emigrate to somewhere you'll be more accepted........

Telling a mixed person like me to go to Brazil or something is like telling black people to "go back to Africa"

We should be accepted HERE in our OWN COUNTRY as neither white NOR BLACK.

Only in America would yellow+blue=different color of blue

Anywhere else on Earth its yellow (white) + blue (black) =
'insert local word for mixed here" (green)
But in America, it's yellow and blue make a different color of blue.

Good news is, things are changing and soon, the whites AND the blacks will have to accept us. Most of the younger mixed kids coming up know they aren't black and will never be fully accepted by black society, anymore than they'll be fully accepted by white society. So, the simple solution is to create an identity of our own, whether the blacks like it or not.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 AM

674 posts, read 698,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post

Your entire premise with this issue seems to revolve around denouncing the consistent fact that "Sub Saharan Africans (code word for black Africans) have the most indigenous, varied phenotypes. You attempt to pigeon the phenotypes of these people into a the stereotypical "true Negroid" module (i.e pure black Africans only have pitch black skin, the widest of noses, and the thickest of lips), which showcases your own Westernized ignorance of Africans.
1. You personify the typical American's ignorance and arrogance by having the gall to come into a thread, address one of the only Africans present, and state that I am Westernized because I don't think the way you do. I usually only find this combination in white Americans but there are several "blacks" like you to remind me just how little we have in common. Note that you have built your entire case around a research study carried out by a Westerner based on a Western way of knowing, science. I have no more interest in science than the typical Westerner has in attending an akom (yes you will probably need to google that because, as a Westerner, you have no idea what it is) ceremony. Science is a valid way of knowing but it is ,by far, not the only way of knowing and it is certainly not our way of knowing.

2. I never mentioned anything about pitch black skin, wide noses,the word negroid, nor thick lips. I possess an aquiline nose and, unlike yourself, am 100% black. If you feel the need to exaggerate/lie in order to build your argument then that's an indicator of just how weak your rebuttal is. I will not be following any of your links to speak to any of your resources on African ethnicity. I have real-life African sources that I trust and am very confident about the knowledge I possess in this area.

Quote:
It is an ancestral cluster, which correlates very well with the actual self identified langauge family of Africans.
Funny because I am Ashanti and I don't identify with that ancestral cluster though it is also listed as being my overwhelming primary cluster. Here's some news.....Bantu, Niger-Kordofian, etc. are terms that were derived by Westerners and reflect their priorities and ways of classification. There are many Africans that reject this Western nonsense. Do you know how Ashantis classify Africans? Do you know how any group of Africans classifies Africans or are you only aware of what the Western ideas of who we are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies