Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Whether or not Zimmerman had abrasions on the back of his head does not confirm that he was or was not the aggressor. Trayvon Martin may have been defending himself. Trayvon Martin may have felt that he was in danger. George Zimmerman got out of his car to follow someone, who happened to be unarmed and ended up killing him. You weren't there and you do not know what happens but apparently special prosecutor Angela Corey felt that there was enough evidence to charge him with Second degree murder.
I think the charging and arrest were done to keep all the racist crap from causing some serious rioting from happening. Prosecutors don't always have proof in the minds of jurors and that just could happen here except for the fact that finding a jury of peers who haven't been affected by all the media crap will be really hard to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
If I had a Latina mother, and a brother, he would look like Daniel Adkins.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
I think that whenever you have situations like this or the Trayvon Martin case, the killer should be arrested immediately even if they claim self-defense and even if there may be some validity to their claim. This allows for the case to be litigated in court and avoids any favoritism or bias. If the killer truly is innocent, they should be able to have their attorney prove that in court and throughout the litigation process quite easily. If they can't do that, then they should stay in jail just like any other homicide suspect.
I agree 100%.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
so you see similarities but
won't protest?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did Zimmerman really cause those cuts and abrasions to be on the back of his head?

I was with you until you said that part.
Roy step back and close your eyes and imagine the entire scenario.....now imagine Trayvon is white. GZ would be under the jail by now and you know it. GZ did cause those tiny marks by approaching a stranger in an aggressive stance and then starting a fight he had to finish by killing a kid. In the case on this thread it was an argument that went deadly because the BLACK guy had a gun and permit and was feeling tough and murdered Adkins. He should be arrested if we want this madness to stop.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Sure you need more evidence Youdidn'tt seem to need more to back GZ but in this case I guess you need to no more before you back the shooter. No surprise here.
The Martin case is now months old. What other evidence would you image will come to light? This incident happened 9 days ago and I just heard about it today due to this thread. Go figure.....the shooter is black and no nationwide media frenzy. Isn't it funny how that works? Anyway, I have only read one article on this case so I'd like to see more. As I said earlier in the thread though, if this falls under the SYG law and the shooter can show he was attacked I'm on his side regardless of his color. Unlike you I don't need to take color into account when I decide where my opinion lies. So exactly why are you surprised here?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Roy step back and close your eyes and imagine the entire scenario.....now imagine Trayvon is white. GZ would be under the jail by now and you know it. GZ did cause those tiny marks by approaching a stranger in an aggressive stance and then starting a fight he had to finish by killing a kid. In the case on this thread it was an argument that went deadly because the BLACK guy had a gun and permit and was feeling tough and murdered Adkins. He should be arrested if we want this madness to stop.
It's an interesting phenomenon. The same folks accusing Trayvon supporters of lacking objectivity, display an appalling lack of it themselves.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Pathetic. Where are Sharpton and Jackson on this one? Oh wait....they won't get involved unless of course the Black shooter is criminally charged. Then it's game on. However, if the Black shooter remains free they could not care less. Of course we see what happens when a Black kid is shot by a "White" guy though.....
If jackson and sharpton don't show up what happens in this case? Would pat buchanan or sarah palin or limbaugh have demanded justice? You just hate them because they have a voice to shed light on injustice in this country. I don't care for them but if people like you hate them so much they must be doing something right.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The Martin case is now months old. What other evidence would you image will come to light? This incident happened 9 days ago and I just heard about it today due to this thread. Go figure.....the shooter is black and no nationwide media frenzy. Isn't it funny how that works? Anyway, I have only read one article on this case so I'd like to see more. As I said earlier in the thread though, if this falls under the SYG law and the shooter can show he was attacked I'm on his side regardless of his color. Unlike you I don't need to take color into account when I decide where my opinion lies. So exactly why are you surprised here?
More like what? Do you plan to check into the victim's criminal, school suspension and/or drug use history? Will you scour the net for pictures of him throwing gang signs?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
I think that whenever you have situations like this or the Trayvon Martin case, the killer should be arrested immediately even if they claim self-defense and even if there may be some validity to their claim. This allows for the minute details/facts of the case to be thoroughly investigated and allows the case to be litigated in court, which mitigates any favoritism or bias by police. If the killer is truly innocent, they should be able to have their attorney prove that in court and throughout the litigation process quite easily. If they can't do that, then they should stay in jail just like any other homicide suspect.
correct. It makes no sense at all for an arrest not to be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies