Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:31 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,209 times

Advertisements

No he’s a coward for taking an oath and going back on it. He also has no integrity and should be disciplined even hasher for his actions.

PS, it’s not that easy to just upgrade a general discharge to an honorable. The reason I know is I helped a buddy of mines try and 10 years later he’s still working on it (with lawyers). I suggest you pull data on the success rate before claiming something is so easy. And being this piece of craps high publicity for this it will probably never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yeah right, a coward for exercising his 1st amendment rights. goes to show that alot of people on both sides of the politicial aisle still believe that the 1st amendment only applies to them.

also, an other than honorable can be upgraded every couple of years. the only one that cannot is dishonorable, only a potus pardon can make that go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,209 times
That’s your problem what you think FB is and what FB actually is, are two very different things. If you’re not using a vpn and the server isn’t owned or leased by you it’s not yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
i dont consider fb public, after all you can limit who sees your page.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Typical liberal scum judge. To hell with free speech. Just remember we remember names and actions.
I'm sure that judges everywhere are shaking in their boots. As you can see, the ruling definitely was correct according to actual military laws.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,722,171 times
The man was a marine and thus obviously not a coward. I am grateful for the sacrifice he made and sad that he did not listen to the multiple warnings given to him by his commanding officers.

The sad and necessary reality is that our military fight and die for freedoms they do not always get to participate in.

So I am not glad this man was discharged but I do understand why.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The man was a marine and thus obviously not a coward.
Well I have to agree with that, it serves no purpose to call someone something that has no barring on the issues. It demeans your argument.

But having said that, the guy is an idiot.

To paraphrase the old saying:

"If we wanted you to have an opinion, we would have issued you one."

Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 PM

136 posts, read 85,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I'm sure that judges everywhere are shaking in their boots. As you can see, the ruling definitely was correct according to actual military laws.
The constitution rules over all other laws so I could care less about "military law".

Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,722,171 times
Quote:
The constitution rules over all other laws so I could care less about "military law".
Shows how much you know about the constitution.

The first amendment protects your right to speak your mind but no where does it protect you from the natural repercussions of that speech. Try this experiment, go call your boss a "mother f'er" at the next staff meeting. Then try to find anyone willing to take your case for wrongful termination.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:

The Oath of Office: A Historical Guide to Moral Leadership

[quote]The first law of the United States of America, enacted in the first session of the first Congress on 1 June 1789, was statute 1, chapter 1: an act to regulate the time and manner of administering certain oaths, which established the oath required by civil and military officials to support the Constitution. [end quote]

Duh!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
I could care less about "military law".
Unfortunately for you and this Marine the Supreme Court cares a great deal.

Foundations of military discipline: know them, live them
An adequate and fair system of military justice has always been essential to the maintenance of discipline and morale in any military command. Thus, the evolution of military justice has necessarily involved the balancing of two basic interests: war fighting and the desire for an efficient, but fair, system for maintaining good order and discipline.

The Supreme Court of the United States has repeatedly noted that "the military is, by necessity, a society separate from civilian society." Goldman v. Weinberger, 475 U.S. 503, 506 (1982).
-- The military must insist upon a respect for duty and discipline without counterpart in civilian life to prepare for and perform its vital role. Id. at 507
-- Without this respect for duty and discipline we would be unable to function properly in combat.
-- The conduct of military service members is governed by special rules and standards of behavior set forth in laws, military regulations, instructions, directives, and lawful orders.
Capt. Christopher Baker
21st Space Wing Legal Office

http://www.peterson.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123120636

U.S. Constitution

Article I - The Legislative Branch

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,227,765 times
Lucky for him he wasn't in the Continental Army. George Washington was quite the disciplinarian when it came to preserving order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies