Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Do you really think your fake outrage impresses me?
Keep repeating yourself as long as you want, you won't change my view, which is that exile Cubans are cowards that have fled their country and in many cases left relatives behind. Now they live quite comfortably in Miami and claim to love their country. It is not Cuba they love, but their vision of a future Americanized Cuba, which they hope others will bring about for them.
The funny thing is that they support and live in the country which is one of the reasons for the plight of Cubans, namely the US.
Some of the sweetest people in the world in my opinion

Is 2 Cubans that came to America, fleeing Cuba, Now you are calling them cowards. So I guess you think they should have been killed by Fidels men?

They were held in a camp and beaten daily fighting against Fidel. They fled to save their lives. Imagine being a man having to watch the woman you love beaten daily and your lives threatened daily.

They love what their country once was, what it was before a dictator took over. They miss their family that is still there. They have memories of what their country once was and how they met and fell in love and got married.

Are you seriously going to call them cowards? They fought against Fidel, was held in a camp by Fidel, beaten daily by his men. They ARE NOT COWARDS. It takes a very brave person to leave all that you know to get in a raft and hope you make it 90 miles in shark infested waters. That is not how the 2 I speak of got to America but that is how many does. If you think you could float in an inner tube for 90 miles in the dark and still be a coward, I think we need to talk about the meaning of the word " coward"

Its kinda hard to fight a regime change when only one side has weapons. or when there is a snitch on each block to report peoples activities to Fidel.

Get real you seem to be really clueless as to life in Cuba

And yes those 2 people are very worried about the direction this country is taking, They know what communism is, they fought against it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Quote:
They love what their country once was, what it was before a dictator took over.
Cuba was under a dictatorship before Fidel took over - that of Fulgencio Batista.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Cuba was under a dictatorship before Fidel took over - that of Fulgencio Batista.
To compare the 2 is ridiculous

Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
To compare the 2 is ridiculous

How so?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How so?
Compare Cuba under both. That is how so

Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Red is the traditional color of communism.
All red apparel should be banned, that might help. People with red hair should dye it either brown or blonde.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:28 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Some of the sweetest people in the world in my opinion

Is 2 Cubans that came to America, fleeing Cuba, Now you are calling them cowards. So I guess you think they should have been killed by Fidels men?

They were held in a camp and beaten daily fighting against Fidel. They fled to save their lives. Imagine being a man having to watch the woman you love beaten daily and your lives threatened daily.

They love what their country once was, what it was before a dictator took over. They miss their family that is still there. They have memories of what their country once was and how they met and fell in love and got married.

Are you seriously going to call them cowards? They fought against Fidel, was held in a camp by Fidel, beaten daily by his men. They ARE NOT COWARDS. It takes a very brave person to leave all that you know to get in a raft and hope you make it 90 miles in shark infested waters. That is not how the 2 I speak of got to America but that is how many does. If you think you could float in an inner tube for 90 miles in the dark and still be a coward, I think we need to talk about the meaning of the word " coward"

Its kinda hard to fight a regime change when only one side has weapons. or when there is a snitch on each block to report peoples activities to Fidel.

Get real you seem to be really clueless as to life in Cuba

And yes those 2 people are very worried about the direction this country is taking, They know what communism is, they fought against it
There are more than 1.8m Cubans in the US. They should have stayed and toppled Castro if they thought he was so bad and loved their country as much as they say.
It's all about coordination, dictatorships only stay in power because people don't get organized. When millions of people in a country of only 11m go on an unlimited general strike, the regime is done as those are simply too many people to detain. Nor can their work be replaced, the economy will collapse, unrest will increase...
They could have infiltrated the government, till someone got close enough to take the Castros out. They might have had to sacrifice a couple of people till they succeeded, but still way fewer than all those that have been detained during that half century.

(On a side note, the whole Cuba mess is the fault of the US. They had backed the previous dictator Batista, provided his regime with the arms that killed tens of thousands of Cubans, and when he finally got toppled, they tried, just like they keep doing in the Middle East, to interfere in Cuba's internal affairs, ultimately driving the Cubans into the USSR's arms in the first place).

Old 04-17-2012, 04:33 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
That raises the question, what were Cubans enduring before Castro? Clearly, a whole lot of Cubans really, really, REALLY hated what they were enduring under Fulgencio Batista's so-called capitalism. To the point where many openly fought for a communist revolution. Now, why was that? This is an important question to ask, since that's how Cuba became a communist country. Cuba did not have communism imposed from above like some of the eastern bloc nations after WWII - it arose organically.
I'm not a big believer in the embargo, and far from a jingoist, but I think this is a little bit off. Castro did not announce he was a Communist until after he took power, and did not formally ally with the USSR until after the Bay of Pigs (thank you, Mr. Kennedy.) Take a look at this article, for instance: I don't see the word "Communist" in it:

The Spokesman-Review - Google News Archive Search

Yes, most Cuban people were probably glad to see the end of Batista, just as lots of Russian people were glad to see the end of the Tsar. That's doesn't mean they liked the replacement any better. If Castro's regime (now the Castro dynasty, it appears) were popular, it would've held some elections in the last 53 years. At least a rigged one once in awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies