Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 01:45 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
One of my coworkers was on WIC a while back (after her lovely husband decided he wanted a 19 year old girlfriend and left them) when her son was young. She used to borrow her neighbors Mercedes to go grocery shopping because her hubby left with the car. I wonder how many people thought she was a freeloader?
If she was your "co-worker" and had a husband to pay child support, why was she freeloading?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Got some news for you, my friend. Illegal aliens do not qualify for benefits like WIC or an EBT card. You need to be able to prove that you are at least a permanent resident, in order to qualify for any type of welfare benefit. Where do some Americans get this idea that illegals live on the Government dough?
Right. So you would have us believe that their anchor babies cash the monthly welfare check, grocery shop and swipe their own EBT cards? Boy are you delusional and out of touch with reality.

Quote:
California Taxpayers Pay Record Amount In Benefits to Children of Illegal Aliens

March 14, 2011 by Andrew
Filed under Government

March 14th, 2011
Examiner.com
By: Dave Gibson
Los Angeles Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich has just released data from the Department of Public Social Services which shows that in November 2010, $53 million in welfare benefits ($22 million CalWORKs and $31 million in Food Stamps) were given issued to illegal aliens for their U.S.-born children in Los Angeles County.
The record amount is an increase of almost $3 million from November 2009, and represents 22 percent of all CalWORKs and Food Stamp issuances in L.A. county.
In 2009, CalWORKs and Food Stamp benefits given to illegal aliens totaled almost $570 million. The total amount issued to illegal aliens cost in 2010, is estimated to be well over $600 million.

On Monday, Supervisor Antonovich told reporters: “When you add this to $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year — not including the hundreds of millions of dollars for education.”
http://www.ktradionetwork.com/govern...llegal-aliens/ (broken link)

Old 04-15-2012, 01:49 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No, not really... if you're implying in your oh-so-clever way that the liberals here are on welfare and/or abusing the system, I think most of us have made it clear that's not the case. We just don't generally believe in demolishing social programs to punish the bad apples, which seems to be what most on the right desire.
We want accountability, and you never get that with gov't programs.
For starters, they should never be able to turn these things in for cash. Make it a temporary loan, then watch em drop off the dole.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:54 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,360 times
My mother was a computer programmer for over 30 years. One day her job was outsourced to India and for the last year and a half she has been forced to work as a cashier at Squal*Mart.

She comes home with stories that would make your blood boil. Welfare reciepients that dare to look down their noses at her. One woman who used her food stamps solely on cake ingredients to bake cakes for her family and friends. She was bragging about going on her THIRD trip to Paris this spring. My mother said it was she could do to finish the transaction civilly.

Cashiers used to be expected to be the front-line reporters of abuse of this kind, but my mother says the employees are not allowed to say anything.

Also, my mother paid thousands in taxes during her time as a programmer but was denied help (in food stamps) when she needs it now more then ever.

This is what some people don't get and where a majority of the anger comes in. People who are against are outraged that they can't get help when they needed. But when they post how they are responsible in not having kids they can't afford, other posters tell them to "quit whining and get pregnant". It's unreal.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
or Daddy's a drug dealer

When your income can not be declared because it's illegal,
getting welfare is the perfect cover. You end up with a lot of
disposal cash. Folks think they are poor welfare mommies,
when in reality they have more immediate cash, than the taxpayers
paying for their welfare.
Right! The obvious solution is to legalize drugs and make those drug dealers pay their fair share!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM

994 posts, read 724,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. Why does her lack of English even matter? Last time I checked, there is no requirement of English fluency to receive WIC - or American citizenship, for that matter.
The question is, why doesn't her lack of English and citizenship matter irrespective of the requirements? Why should she be living off my taxes?

If I sneak my kid across the border into Mexico and ask the Mexican government in English to pay for my groceries then guess what? They throw me in jail. Because they actually treat illegal immigration as a crime in Mexico, even as their President gave a ridiculous speech to our Congress against us doing the very same thing that they do as a matter of routine.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:57 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
But many on welfare choose to have children they knowingly cannot afford. Apples and oranges. You're getting yourself worked up over nothing. I don't think anyone would hold it against you because your child was born with an unforseeable medical condition. Not having the means to provide for offspring but still choosing to have them is foreseeable.
Ah, so what if it is their religious beliefs to be fruitful and multiply?

And fyi, in most states, once you go on welfare, any more children you have do not add to the amount of welfare you get.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:02 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
If I sneak my kid across the border into Mexico and ask the Mexican government in English to pay for my groceries then guess what? They throw me in jail. Because they actually treat illegal immigration as a crime in Mexico, even as their President gave a ridiculous speech to our Congress against us doing the very same thing that they do as a matter of routine.
No chit !!! Frankly I think our country should give a giant "EFF YOU !!!!" to Mexico for this reason. It's outrageous that we put with this when their own country refuses to return the favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Ah, so what if it is their religious beliefs to be fruitful and multiply?
They need to be told they can "be fruitful & mulitply" in their OWN country, not ours. Our country is seriously overpopulated and we don't need anymore new people.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
And the gang bang continues.....The Bully mentality in full swing...

Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
Tijuana take yo mama to the gang bang
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies