Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
He's baaaack.
that's what i was thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder how many times he has quoted from the Declaration of Independence and claimed to be quoting from the Constitution.
Certainly not as often as he quotes from the Bible and claims to be quoting from the Constitution. At least the Declaration of Independence is closer.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 04-16-2012 at 10:29 AM..

Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
For those attacking Titus without refuting the assertions he made are committing what is called an "ad hominem" fallacy. For those who would like to see through the lies and establish the truth, I recommend that you google "logical fallacies" and learn to spot them. Liberals label people as "racist, bigot, xenophobe, nutjob, etc. because it allows them to avoid the actual discussion.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Liberals label people as "racist, bigot, xenophobe, nutjob, etc. because it allows them to avoid the actual discussion.
i've yet to make any judgement against mr titus.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
For those attacking Titus without refuting the assertions he made are committing what is called an "ad hominem" fallacy. For those who would like to see through the lies and establish the truth, I recommend that you google "logical fallacies" and learn to spot them. Liberals label people as "racist, bigot, xenophobe, nutjob, etc. because it allows them to avoid the actual discussion.
The actual discussion has been engaged plenty of times, and birthers continue to come out the losers.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Natural Born is to be: born naturally to two citizen parents that are married to each other. Illegitimate children are not eligible. i.e. Bastards need not apply.

Unanswered Questions for Sity Data
the ever growing list of questions pertaining to his comments on obama's eligibility that Sity Data is avoiding:

* how can obama be an indonesian citizen when it contradicts both US and indonesian law?

* how can you "clearly see" something on a document you've never seen.?

* exactly what was the bill you refered to that hillary clinton and obama "put forward" that tried to have the "natural born citizen" clause removed ?

* where did obama state he was an indonesian citizen?

* exactly where in "dreams from my father" is it stated that obama's father was not on the birth certificate?

* where is it stated that a child born out of wedlock can not be considered a "natural born citizen"?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've yet to make any judgement against mr titus.
I don't know whether or not you feel like I singled you out, but I was making a general statement intended to raise awareness of the methods/tactics used to stifle intelligent debate. I wasn't singularly addressing any one person.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:24 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What?????

So by your logic any child born in this country to a single parent is not a citizen of the U.S.?

Wow. Just wow.

Is not NATURAL BORN CITIZEN - thanks for displaying your lack of understanding on a simple issue.

Talk about twist & spin. Another Jaywalking Allstar makes their debut in this matter clearly showing how an IQ can be measured using a 'fraction".

Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
For those attacking Titus without refuting the assertions he made are committing what is called an "ad hominem" fallacy.
1. An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. In this case there is direct relevance between the specific area of insanity for which Mr. Titus is being castigated. It is his general nuttiness regarding his unique, anomalous and universally rejected ideas about the Constitution that renders his opinion on the Constitutional definition of natural born citizen suspect.

2. I note that you do not also point out the OP's fallacious appeal to authority (what is called an "Ad Verecundiam" fallacy) by pretending that Mr. Titus's (poorly represented) resume is somehow a reason to consider his unique, anomalous and universally rejected opinion on this definition as true.

3. Your leaping on what you believed to be an "ad hominem" while ignoring the "ad verecundiam" is a special logical fallacy of its very own. It is called "special pleading."

The assertions of Mr. Titus have been repeatedly refuted on this forum, as well as in more than a dozen court cases in just the last three months. To call Mr. Titus a nutcase is not an argumentum ad hominem at all. It is an appropriate label.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The actual discussion has been engaged plenty of times, and birthers continue to come out the losers.
This topic is not relevant to past discussions of the "birther" debate. Again, insted of refuting the information put forward, you conveniently state that the discussion is already settled. Using that logic, any new information provided should not be considered.

For those seeking truth, this is a prime example of a fallacious argument that it used to distract/confuse. It is called a Straw Man fallacy. This is a fallacy in which a person does not address your argument, instead they construct a similar argument (the birther debate is settled) and use that argument to debunk the original argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies