Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Yep, its within the margin of error - which proves what most (not all, but most) of us Romney supporters have been saying all along - that this will NOT be a blow-out election for Obama, and it will be a tight race, but we hope Romney comes out on top. I do think he will, but that may be optimistic thinking.

Even more interesting, here is the original source:
Romney, Obama in Tight Race as Gallup Daily Tracking Begins

Scroll down a bit, and you will see that Romney supporters are actually more likely to vote than Obama supporters. So much for that tired old line about conservatives staying home.

From the looks of this, who knows how this race will go from here. Neither candidate seems to have a statistically significant advantage.
Obama seems to have the states, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 06:47 PM

26,459 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It is way too early, but "if" Gallup is spot on with Romney ahead by 2 points, then a few "leans Obama" states are now swing states and Romney is doing okay in the swing states.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The states follow the overall trend. We're not going to have a lopsided Obama electoral victory with a Romney popular victory if Romney's margin is more than 1%. There's a reason that every time there is a disparity between the electoral/popular vote winner, the popular vote is still extremely close - swing states follow national trends. You won't see regional popularity the way you did in the primaries. You won't have independents in already-red states voting for Romney with independents in swing states voting for Obama. There will be some disparity, but not that much. The recent polls with Romney ahead haven't shown specific numbers in OH, IA, FL, VA, NC, NM, NV, NH but trust me - I guarantee you any poll that has a certain candidate in the lead also has that candidate winning the lion's share of swing states

Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
Since the general election is started how about we dont show polls with in the margin
of error it will make for redundant thread, its a statistical tie gallup has a 3 point margin of error

LOL...how about...NO! Sorry, but that is just silly! There is more relelvant information in this poll than just the head to head comparison. See independent vote.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Dems have just begun with Mitt, give it month or two and by that time every woman, minority, dog lover, and person with an operational brain will be either taking a pass in November or voting for Obama.

They best get started then...lol, cause they are losing ground quickly. You might say they are standing in quick sand even.

You do know that we realize the Obama camp started with Romney quite some time ago and have never let up actually. It's just not working.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
They best get started then...lol, cause they are losing ground quickly. You might say they are standing in quick sand even.

You do know that we realize the Obama camp started with Romney quite some time ago and have never let up actually. It's just not working.
Seriously, where did all this "Obama hasn't started yet" nonsense come from. I'll admit it it - I get emails from the Obama campaign. Not that I'm voting for Obama, just that much of a political junkie. I get a new email from him nearly every day talking about how awful Mitt Romney is, and this started months ago. The Obama campaign has been attacking Mitt Romney even when he was down in the polls and even when there were other front runners in the race. They have been relentless and not let up on him at all. And only him, they rarely attack anyone else, even when there were other front-runners as I mentioned earlier. It's sort of weird this fixation they've had with him. I wouldn't call it weird anymore since he is the clear nominee, but the way they only attacked him when others such as Perry, Cain, Gingrich, Santorum, etc were way ahead and gaining steam, well, it was just weird. The idea that Obama hasn't started yet is laughable. He hasn't started promoting himself yet, but something tells me that's not exactly going to be the focus of his campaign. Can't blame him there

Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Seriously, where did all this "Obama hasn't started yet" nonsense come from. I'll admit it it - I get emails from the Obama campaign. Not that I'm voting for Obama, just that much of a political junkie. I get a new email from him nearly every day talking about how awful Mitt Romney is, and this started months ago. The Obama campaign has been attacking Mitt Romney even when he was down in the polls and even when there were other front runners in the race. They have been relentless and not let up on him at all. And only him, they rarely attack anyone else, even when there were other front-runners as I mentioned earlier. It's sort of weird this fixation they've had with him. I wouldn't call it weird anymore since he is the clear nominee, but the way they only attacked him when others such as Perry, Cain, Gingrich, Santorum, etc were way ahead and gaining steam, well, it was just weird. The idea that Obama hasn't started yet is laughable. He hasn't started promoting himself yet, but something tells me that's not exactly going to be the focus of his campaign. Can't blame him there

lol...I will admit I get those same emails. Want to hear something really weird, I signed up under an alias of sorts during the last campaign and now the emails come to me addressed to me with my real name. My name is not anywhere located in my email address and I have never communicated with the Obama campaign except through receiving these emails. I find that odd.

But you are right, they started their campaign against Romney long ago. Even their attempts to help elect anyone but Romney and getting their voters to vote for Gingrich and then Santorum was part of the campaign against Romney. It just wasn't enough.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
lol...I will admit I get those same emails. Want to hear something really weird, I signed up under an alias of sorts during the last campaign and now the emails come to me addressed to me with my real name. My name is not anywhere located in my email address and I have never communicated with the Obama campaign except through receiving these emails. I find that odd.

But you are right, they started their campaign against Romney long ago. Even their attempts to help elect anyone but Romney and getting their voters to vote for Gingrich and then Santorum was part of the campaign against Romney. It just wasn't enough.
I could be wrong, but I think Romney has weathered the storm. His unfavorable ratings have peaked as he was being attacked on all sides and by people in both parties as well as constant negative media coverage. Every major flaw Mitt Romney has was exposed and every weakness he has as a candidate has already been exploited. Call the man a weak candidate all you want, but the fact remains he simultaneously endured attacks from the massive Obama campaign machine and from the tea party insurgent machine (which proved in 2010 it is a force to be reckoned with). But there's no new tricks to pull against Romney, and it's now a one-on-one with Obama. I honestly think the only place he can go from here is up, and considering he's already in a statistical tie with Obama, I think that bodes very well for his prospects.

And that's kinda creepy about the email thing lol

Old 04-17-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I think Romney has weathered the storm. His unfavorable ratings have peaked as he was being attacked on all sides and by people in both parties as well as constant negative media coverage. Every major flaw Mitt Romney has was exposed and every weakness he has as a candidate has already been exploited. Call the man a weak candidate all you want, but the fact remains he simultaneously endured attacks from the massive Obama campaign machine and from the tea party insurgent machine (which proved in 2010 it is a force to be reckoned with). But there's no new tricks to pull against Romney, and it's now a one-on-one with Obama. I honestly think the only place he can go from here is up, and considering he's already in a statistical tie with Obama, I think that bodes very well for his prospects.

And that's kinda creepy about the email thing lol

I hope you are right, because I was starting to get tired...lol. I agree that the email thing is creepy, but I have heard similar stories.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Gallup Presidential Election Trial Heat Results: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney

Update - Romney's lead is now 5 points, based on polling done from Thursday through yesterday. (His previous 2-point lead was based on polling done from Wednesday through Sunday.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies