Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM

764 posts, read 597,102 times

Advertisements

Ah, so this is todays manufactured "controversy"?

I almost want Obama to lose, just so these hopeless, right wing fools will go from completely crazy to just totally ridiculous. Good ****ing God...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,083,198 times
I'm not a Hillary fan in the least. However, she is entitled to have some fun if she wants to. One beer isn't going to completely kill her decision making skills.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe you can supply us with something that substantiates that anyone thought drinking was shameful (or whatever word you used) during the Bush administration.

"On call" does not mean you are totally on duty 24/7/365. Everyone is entitled to some down time, even the SOS. What kind of a secretary of state emergency can you envision. Do you think that ther SOSs never touched a drop of alcohol, never took a vacation, never got sick, went into the hospital, etc?

It's actually shameful that you want to equate drinking a beer with a lack of sobriety.
lol If you dont remember democrats accusing Bush of being drunk or drinking while he was president. Seriously

lol The heck she and Obama arent on call 247/365 let me remind you of Hillarys own commercial when she was running for president " the 3am phone call one"

Taking a vacation or even being sick is NOT going to impair your judgement. I dont care what someone did in the past, dont approve of that either. I care about now, today, the future, I cant change the past.

Sober NOT under the influence of a single thing. When you are holding the highest offices of this land.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol If you dont remember democrats accusing Bush of being drunk or drinking while he was president. Seriously

lol The heck she and Obama arent on call 247/365 let me remind you of Hillarys own commercial when she was running for president " the 3am phone call one"

Taking a vacation or even being sick is NOT going to impair your judgement. I dont care what someone did in the past, dont approve of that either. I care about now, today, the future, I cant change the past.

Sober NOT under the influence of a single thing. When you are holding the highest offices of this land.
Seriously, no I don't remember that. What I recall is that Bush didn't (doesn't) drink b/c he is a recovering alcoholic whose wife threatened to leave him if he didn't quit drinking.

Good G*d, child, you don't get impaired after ONE beer.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Never said she was hammered, I said I want them sober, to me that means completely sober, NOTHING , not under the influence of a single thing

If they wanna get plastered every single day, all day do it once out of office. Till then stay completely sober. You are on call 247 and I want to know they are sober.
You're not in charge of anything, thank God.
If someone wants to have a beer on their day off, its not up to you to call the shots.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,205 times
Enquiring mind, eh KU? Get caught up on your National Equirers and branching out?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:38 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You're not in charge of anything, thank God.
If someone wants to have a beer on their day off, its not up to you to call the shots.
Apparently this is an extremely difficult concept for you to understand. Having said that, please allow me to enlighten you:

The Secretary Of State Of The United States Of America should be held to a higher standard than the average person.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
flashback 2008 campagin trail old Hil throwing back whiskey shots & beer:

Hillary Bellies Up To The Bar (CBS News) - YouTube

Old Hil drinking on campaign plane with Hollywood celebrities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlrm6...eature=related

Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Hillary parties with beer in Puerto Rico

Hillary Clinton partying in Puerto Rico! - YouTube

Old 04-16-2012, 07:54 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Hillary parties with beer in Puerto Rico
Good Lord! Maybe we need to do an intervention and send her to the Betty Ford Clinic tout de suite!!..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies