Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:25 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes. I do. Revenue to pay down debt is basic math. Many Americans are stupid. And liberals can and do really cut things.

I know for a fact that many of them are. It is a product of our biology. We are social animals and many of us tend to follow leaders like sheep.

But I am not thinking of the same ones that you are.

Not anyone. And not everyone. But it's the law of large numbers. Somebody has to be insane. And those who believe that gridlock is good while we are staring down the barrel of a financial gun are at the top of that list.

You are starting to literally froth like a hydrophobic spaniel. That is the kind of hysterical handwringing that demonstrates the American right wing is incapable of approaching our problems soberly, intelligently, and with an eye towards the national well being.

The only good news I can glean from it is that the self destructive incompetence of right wing brinkmanship does not derive from their evil. It derives from their stupidity.
I see... more rhetoric... I was hoping for an intelligent conversation and I get drivel...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Like I said; psychopathic.

Yes, call me whatever you want... can't win an argument so you call names... stupid is still stupid, nothing new here...

Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I see... more rhetoric... I was hoping for an intelligent conversation and I get drivel...
Then our symmetry is perfect.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Then our symmetry is perfect.
In your mind only..

Old 04-18-2012, 04:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If you learn a bit about the tax code, you will discover that the major "loophole" for guys like Romney and Buffets is not really a loophole; it's the fact that long-term capital gains tax is at 15%. As long as that stays the case, they will always have a much lower tax rate than working salaried guys like me.
I know that.

My point is, if YOU are pushing an issue, as POTUS, you should at least have the sense to NOT claim all of the write off's that you can.

BTW....if obama handles HIS finances like he handles OURS, he'll be living under a highway overpass by 2014!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
A really intelligent person, would pay no taxes what so ever.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
You never cease to amaze me. Where do you come up with the time?
Thank you!

I squeeze it in while I'm earning YOUR living.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A really intelligent person, would pay no taxes what so ever.
That's my goal!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:12 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
My point is, if YOU are pushing an issue, as POTUS, you should at least have the sense to NOT claim all of the write off's that you can.
Except of course when not claiming those write offs advances the issue you are trying to push.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
But you hate the idea of increasing revenue to address at least a part of the deficit. So much for the crocodile tears about borrowing from China.

Okay, so you want the President to write, sign and execute laws to punish businesses from sending jobs overseas, with higher taxes. Do you also support an importation tax, along with a continued demand for “free market”?
I see, it starts with taxing the "Rich" for the government's over spending, the government putting their selves and us in this place. When the "Rich" run out of money who else will the government come after. You seem to support .......continue spending doesn't matter how they do it. The government shouldn't charge a certain sect of people to pay for their debt and over spending.

Why are we sending money to countries that don't need it, they have their own means...........

Maybe, this President could've done a lot with money that he spent on the failed Solyndra & Fast and Furious scheme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies