Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Pink View Post
When a drug- ANY DRUG FOLKS NOT JUST POT- interfers so deeply in your life, then there is a problem.
I agree with you. But, I'm concerned because you only acknowledge his side of it. What about YOU? If something is wrong with him, then something is wrong with you too, i.e. why have you been with him for FIVE years? For instance, assume my woman washes the dishes in the toilet. You and I both know that's not right. But, who I'm I to pass judgement on her, when for the last FIVE years, I'm the one who's been eating her cooking. If I did that, you and I both know, I'd be just as crazy as she is. So, in your case, you need to find out why you're attracted to this up and down, winding all around, roller coaster ride, i.e. why are YOU in it? I know, it's easy to blame him for the relationship. But, you need to find out why you're a "dependent" of it. If not, there's a good chance that you'll leave him, and end up in a similar situation. And, if that happens, who will you blame then? You have to understand, some women wouldn't except this for 5 days, but you did it for 5 years. Why? All I know is, only a professional therapist can tell you... not City-Data.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 04-18-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM

1,006 posts, read 734,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Pink View Post
You know what is a true huge waste of resources and time?

Pro-users trying to convince non-users that it's perfectly fine and acceptable.

To some, it may be. But not everyone. Stop trying to convince people otherwise.
It seems to be working state by state as the legislation gets passed, albeit slowly.

What you, as well as many others fail to understand is that we can currently be arrested and thrown in jail for YEARS over a plant. Not to mention, HOW does an institution assert dominion over a plant. This unlawfulness was my sole reason for pursuing law, more particularly laws\legislation surrounding our current (hypocritical and failed) drug policy. Combine this with the fact that we have actively declared war on a non-existent entity or institution and it become very easy to pick apart our legal system.

So far we've declared war on an ideology in that of Terrorism. How do you declare a war on a non tangible ideology such as terrorism?

We declared a war on drugs. Again, non-tangible entity with no representation or governing body.

We have an active, yet unmentioned war on womens rights by a large portion of politicians...

Its fairly apparent that our government is one big inefficient cluster, endorsed by citizens who despise intellectualism and independent research.

There is a reason I'm plotting my escape to the Netherlands, and its not simply because of pot. They have a healthy distrust of their government, women rights are cherished (pro-choice and what have you), and their government works very efficiently because of that distrust.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,685,373 times
I dont think the green is a problem if u dont let it become one.

Like anything else too, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, etc. There is a time and place for it and if one is using and abusing it and it is indeed interfereing with your life than, yes...it sure is a problem. However, if it's the end of the day.... no other committments, etc to contend with and one wants to unwind with a little green session, I see no problems with it.

I think it's better than someone getting drunk off alcohol every night or taking prescription pills to sleep at night, etc.

Afain, there needs to be a time and place for it. It should be the last thing one does before going to bed in my opinion. I think it can be quite beneficial in some instances. I had a stomach flu a few weeks back, yuck....the flu came and went, but i still had lingering effects from it... no appetite, just felt blaaaahh..... well I smoked a little green an hour before bed...next thing u know I was eating like there was no tomorrow...got my appetite back, made my sleepy for bed...slept like a baby and woke up the next day feeling so much better

Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times
I smoke weed all the time and no one knows because I don't tell them.

I don't know where all the rumours about violence come from, I've been associating with other potheads now for 35 years and have yet to see one do anything more violent than rip open a chip packet with their teeth.

I would assume the "violent" users are also ingesting other drugs that the judgey people don't know about. Pot has no residual effect at all - you have no hangover, comedown or mood changes the next day. HOWEVER if a person is an addictive personality, they will get addicted to anything, and be cranky as hell when they can't get it.

For all the people who are looking down their nose - do you drink tea? coffee? smoke cigs? drink alcohol? All of the above are drugs, don't kid yourself. They just happen to be legal right now. I predict that in 30 years mj will be completely decriminalised and nicotine will be illegal.

Can you imagine all the nicotine rage? *passes out a soothing bong*

Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 PM

1,006 posts, read 734,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I smoke weed all the time and no one knows because I don't tell them.

I don't know where all the rumours about violence come from, I've been associating with other potheads now for 35 years and have yet to see one do anything more violent than rip open a chip packet with their teeth.

I would assume the "violent" users are also ingesting other drugs that the judgey people don't know about. Pot has no residual effect at all - you have no hangover, comedown or mood changes the next day. HOWEVER if a person is an addictive personality, they will get addicted to anything, and be cranky as hell when they can't get it.

For all the people who are looking down their nose - do you drink tea? coffee? smoke cigs? drink alcohol? All of the above are drugs, don't kid yourself. They just happen to be legal right now. I predict that in 30 years mj will be completely decriminalised and nicotine will be illegal.

Can you imagine all the nicotine rage? *passes out a soothing bong*
Excellently put, absolutely no one outside of my circle of fellow consumers know I vape regularly. I'm willing to bet all I'm worth that, should I run into a CD'er from this thread he/she would have no clue as to how much I consume or if I do it at all.

They really have no idea how many prominent, successful, well known individuals consume.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Excellently put, absolutely no one outside of my circle of fellow consumers know I vape regularly. I'm willing to bet all I'm worth that, should I run into a CD'er from this thread he/she would have no clue as to how much I consume or if I do it at all.

They really have no idea how many prominent, successful, well known individuals consume.

So true...it's about time we all "came out"...people would be absolutely flabbergasted and a stereotype or two might be shattered.

Also, people who judge "stoners" - it's a fabulous drug humanity has been missing out on now for 100 years. Aspirin came from the Willow tree, the MJ plant is also being shown as having many medicinal properties useful for those suffering MS, cancer, chronic pain, anxiety and depression BUT the studies are years behind what they should be, because some ******** decided to make it "illegal". Just think if one day your or your loved one contracted cancer and the only thing that killed the pain was mj? I have a close friend who was burned severely in a fire (not expected to live) and he now has no opiate pain killers at all - he medicates with mj and the doctors have told him to keep it up - no side effects like liver damage with mj, plus it stimulates appetite and helps him to sleep.

Stoners are taking over the world!!! Maybe in the commercial break...

Old 04-18-2012, 01:49 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
You're bias helps influence policy that prevents these patients from obtaining the treatment they need.
Read carefully, sir. I indicated that I am pro-legalization, or at least decriminalization. Anything that brings in money is good. And I don't have a complaint against using pot for medical conditions, if that's an individual's choice.

But there is a huge difference between recreational and medicinal use and being baked out of one's gourd 24/7. And yes, there are people like this, and whatever causes it — addiction, personality defect, wimpiness — it's a problem, as it is for the OP. This is the only thing that we're trying to address, and you and others who are pro-pot are doing her no favors by telling her that her concerns are "no big deal" or that she somehow "makes" him want to stay stoned. D'you realize how truly offensive that is —? Would you say the same thing to the spouse or significant other of an alcoholic? A heroin user? No?

Then don't do it here.

It doesn't matter that pot is "safer" than alcohol or that it has fewer side-effects; we're not debating that here. Being around someone who's checked out all of the time and who cannot hold a job because of their drug use is serious no fun. I'm simply trying to convince the OP that she cannot change her BF's behavior, nor can she dictate it with ultimatums. The only thing to do in this case is leave the relationship and let the cards fall as they may.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:56 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Just think if one day your or your loved one contracted cancer and the only thing that killed the pain was mj? I have a close friend who was burned severely in a fire (not expected to live) and he now has no opiate pain killers at all - he medicates with mj and the doctors have told him to keep it up - no side effects like liver damage with mj, plus it stimulates appetite and helps him to sleep.

This is exactly what people here do not understand-- one cannot function doped out on pain pills.

A friend of mine went through cervical cancer, as well some other physical debilitations on top of that, and all the doctors did was throw pills at her. After the few days she spent passed out in the bed, she said f# that and went back to smoking instead.

This is a mother of 3 small children who needs to be coherent and able to function in order to raise and protect her kids.

One does not need be suffering a serious illness in order to benefit from marijuana. Most everyone I know smokes, or has smoked, and if they don't it's only because their job drug tests. Alot of the generalizations and rude comments I can't even imagine applying to my friends. These are people doin big things! Yall just have no idea....

Old 04-18-2012, 02:17 PM

3,996 posts, read 5,012,231 times
Amen, ya'll just have no idea...

Old 04-18-2012, 02:19 PM

If every pot smoker stood up and jumped to the left at once, the earth would probably go off its axis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies