Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:29 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times

Advertisements

Yes, because the right needs another intellectually stifled individual......

I'm starting to feel bad for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 02:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
This is what the Grand Old Party has come to. My father is spinning in his grave.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:55 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I will vote for Orly.
I've read enough of your posts to be sure that this is true.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
in the primary, general or both?
Well the primary of course - I am not going to make decisions about the general election until the ballot is set.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I've read enough of your posts to be sure that this is true.
What do my posts have to do with my choice of Orly Taitz as one of the U.S. Senators from California? I have stated my voting record concerning her exactly once - before this thread - when I reported that I voted for her for Secretary of State of California in the previous primary. I highly doubt that you read that post - or even remember it.

If Carly Fiorina or Darrell Issa - or someone with name recognition and common sense - another good one would be Tom McClintock - put their name in the hat - I would definitely switch my vote.

Orly isn't ideal - but she is not Diane Feinstein and she is a Republican - that is enough - for now.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This is what the Grand Old Party has come to. My father is spinning in his grave.
i don't think he's alone ( and both sides of the daisies ).

Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Default orly taitz to (possibly) be republican senate candidate in california

Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lazenby View Post
What do you think is the reason she is leading these (What seems to be) professional business people? There has to really be a reason.
Name recognition. She is a very large minnow in a school of guppies.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
From your link:

The other Republicans on the ballot, and their occupational ballot labels, are: John Boruff businessman; Oscar Alejandro Braun businessman/rancher; Greg Conlon businessman/CPA; Elizabeth Emken businesswoman/nonprofit executive; Rogelio Gloria graduate student/businessman; Dan Hughes small business owner; Dennis Jackson aerospace general manager; Dirk Allen Konopik MBA student; Donald Krampe retired administration director; Robert Lauten no occupation listed; Al Ramirez businessman; Nachum Shifren educator/author/businessman; Rick Williams business attorney.

What do you think is the reason she is leading these (What seems to be) professional business people? There has to really be a reason.
Because she has name recognition - also fundraising capability.

The rest are going up against Dianne Feinstein - unless you are a big name - it is difficult for anyone to knock off a U.S. Senator in California.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Name recognition from what? She's never in the news or in the papers.
Well she has been in the news in the past - people will remember that.

The others have never been - unless it was in some small town local birdcage liner rag.

Anyways - I will look at the other candidates - maybe I will vote for one of them on principle - but realistically - if Issa, Fiorina, or McClintock don't jump in - then Orly Taitz is our best (read long) shot.

Anyone but Dianne Feinstein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies