Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 05:33 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I don't hate anybody, including Mexicans.

But maybe we should look to Mexico, think, and realize that if enough Mexicans come to the USA.....we will eventually regret it.
As we get more Mexicans, we become more like Mexico....most people think that's not a good thing considering Mexico's rampant corruption that leads to rampant poverty. I like Mexicans but their culture allows corruption which is a cancer on a country.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:00 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
some reasons why people hate mexicans:
-don't assimilate as quickly as asians or some other immigrants
-poor
-not highly educated
-mass legal + illegal immigration from mexico
-high birth rates
-had an insanely high high school drop out but still the highest out of all groups today
-had an insanely high teen birthrate but still the highest out of all groups today
-fat
-put poopy toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing it
-some can be very religious

This is true of mostly illegal alien Mexicans and the lower class ones. It's not hatred it's objection to them being here in violation of our immigration laws and being a burden to our society.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Because they're natives

They aren't native to the U.S. they are native to Mexico.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I'm glad you posted this thread because it's been on my mind with all of this immigration talk going on. I, too, am against illegal immigration for the same reasons as most people. The jobs, added cost to cities, etc. However, I LOVE the Mexican people in general. I live in Los Angeles and I have NEVER (yes, NEVER) seen a Mexican panhandler. I appraise houses, many with Mexican homeowners, and they are always the nicest folks and keep loving homes. They are, to a person, the hardest working people I've ever met.

I guess you have never been to the barrios? Many neighborhoods have been trashed by them.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:53 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well a lot of Americans hate the United States Government too.
Comparing the US government to the Mexican government is... ignorant at best. No comparison whatsoever.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:34 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySofiaLila View Post
Comparing the US government to the Mexican government is... ignorant at best. No comparison whatsoever.
Well, the Mexican goverment does a much better job keeping Illegal Central and South Americans out.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not a thing wrong making English official. I'd like to see Spanish and any other language NOT appear on voting ballots, drivers license tests, DES and so on.

Hating Mexicans: legal aliens from Mexico are usually Ok, it's the illegal kind that I all but "hate".
Meh, I guess I don't mind it, because I'm bi-lingual in Spanish.

I can understand it if it is a person who's in customer service at a department store or if it is your server at a restaurant.

My problem is when people take offense at people speaking a foreign language (let's face it, Spanish is really the only one) when they're around their family and friends. Similar to that altercation with a woman and a Hispanic family at IHOP a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I never hear German. Occasionally I'll hear chinese. There aren't 20 million illegal Germans and chinese
You can't pick and choose which languages are okay and aren't. Either English only or you have to accept other languages people may speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies