Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times

Advertisements

This story hits me personally, you see I am one of approx. 3.5 million homeless Americans. A homeless person is thought of less than a dog literally and crimes against the homeless are not really thought of as crime. Many feel that the homeless aren't worth anything otherwise they wouldn't be homeless. Homeless are assaulted, robbed and murdered at will and police don't get excited when they learn the call they are going to is a homeless person. Its pitiful that one can be murdered for $1. or for sport in America!................

Police: Teens Kill Homeless Man For $1 « CBS Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 06:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
......... Homeless are assaulted, robbed and murdered at will and police don't get excited when they learn the call they are going to is a homeless person. Its pitiful that one can be murdered for $1. or for sport in America!................

Police: Teens Kill Homeless Man For $1 « CBS Houston
I knew of a disabled man (a patient) in the '90s who was killed by some teens in broad daylightbecause he didn't have any $ on him, so they took his cheeseburger and fries and shot him dead right infront of the adult living center where he stayed (otherwise he too would have been homeless).

Life has lost value to many Americans and they think nothing of depriving others of their own rights to life.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times
Now this is staggering:

US Veterans kill themselves at a rate of one every 80 minutes. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012 (http://www.dailypaul.com/226920/us-veterans-kill-themselves-at-a-rate-of-one-every-80-minutes - broken link)

Old 04-18-2012, 07:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
yes it is more corrupt. but the cops have been visiting hookers for a long time, that is not new.
it is however a great weapon to use on obama, which is why it is coming up right about now.
same old game, like congress was morally outraged by monica and clinton? like they are not all adulterers every man and woman on the floor?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Is the average age of a City Data user like, 85?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Sure, but she gets a prize for finding $30 million to steal in Dixon, Il.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:38 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Thank you for this blunt article of truth! I posted it yesterday in a couple other forums and gee guess how many names I was called and even some I have never seen before and the chaos it unleashed. Sad that so many refuse to see the collapse going on all around them. IF we don't clean our own house how can we cruise around the globe telling and forcing others to clean theirs?
Agreed. How can we admonish other countries for corruption, when our own society is shot thru and thru with it? Including our own Diebolt-rigged elections.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
What is happening to America? Is it going to get better or worse anytime soon?

"The following are 25 signs that America is a seething cesspool of filth and corruption….

#1 The men and women of the Secret Service are supposed to be the best of the best. Instead, they have become a national embarrassment. 11 members of the U.S. Secret Service are under investigation for consorting with prostitutesin Colombia. Reportedly, several of the Secret Service agents that hired prostitutes were married.

#2 Our financial institutions are filled with cheats and liars. 2011 and 2012 have been absolutely horrible years for natural disasters in the United States. At a time when homeowners need their insurance companies more than ever, many insurance companies are systematically trying to weasel out of payouts and are trying to shift as much liability over to homeowners as possible. The following is from a recent Reuters article….

[MOD CUT/copyright]

25 Signs That America Is A Seething Cesspool Of Filth And Corruption - BlackListedNews.com
You must not be a student of history to any degree at all. There has always been such corruption and gredd i humans and likely to have been tolerated or more controlled by the corrupt and greedy i the past.Just because you didn't see it in the news does mwena it wasn't there and revealed later.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
I haven't read the entire list and don't disagree with acknowledging a spread of corruption and loss of morality but I think the real problem is that were just more readily aware of the condition rather than it being a growing trend. There's been some disgusting things going on in the U.S. for a long time, it's just the press doesn't always report what some don't want to hear. With an easier access to news, those things become hard to hide.

I was amused by item #4... "reverent mockumentary “Angry Boys” is under fire for combining child actors and phallic humor,"

As a child, my family lived in Lisbon where I suppose those issue of morality were less distinct. A few years after returning to the U.S. I discovered some beer mugs on a top shelf of the kitchen pantry. These mugs were never used. One fine day I climbed up on the kitchen counter and took a look at those mugs. They were shaped something like a barrel and were a dark brown with wooden handle. Imbedded on the bottom was a view of a set of testicles and a penis rising about half way up the center of the cup. I could suppose that why some beverages are called swill.

So, in some cases, those moral values we choose to embrace may have been lacking more often than we might have been aware. Having served in WWII, I suppose my dad and his peers could be described as Angry Boys.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That the OP's article didn't even mention the gun/grenade/drug running and money laundering by multiple federal agencies tasked with "law enforcement" under "Operation Fast & Furious" is astounding.

How much more evidence of systemic corruption is needed that that?
There isn't enough ink! 25 is just the (really) short list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies