Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I still can't figure out how after all the stuff Zimmerman has done, he still managed to avoid any serious jail time. Again, it points to him having a privileged background where his dad was probably well connected and getting him out of situations.

It's pretty obvious that although he's a violent dude, he's not tough. It's fairly clear that Martin, despite being outweighed by a good bit, was manhandling his ass pretty thoroughly. How he hadn't managed to run up on the wrong dude before this incident is a testament to how lucky he's been up to that point.

I mean...fights with cops and he's still walking around....even being a part of a neighborhood watch? Like Dave Chappelle says, for black folks some sh*t is unimaginable. LOL...i can't even wrap my mind around it.
The reason you can't wrap your head around it is because you obviously don't know the truth and want to remain ignorant of it.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The reason you can't wrap your head around it is because you obviously don't know the truth and want to remain ignorant of it.
What truth? The dude got into an altercation with the cops. What ignorance am i displaying?

Quote:
In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, it's not!

More like:

George Zimmerman was running off to Target with a gun, saw a person he thought was a prowler, and killed him after a confrontation. Trayvon did not just "end up" dead.

Funny how you believe that you have the events of the evening down. I must have missed the news story that said you had determined the events and have simpliufied it for the rest of us.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-03-2012 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Forget it. You will never get a conservative to talk honestly about racism. Just state the facts and let them deny deny deny and hopefully they will be seen for what they are
I'm a conservative...RACISM EXISTS. IT ALWAYS HAS AND IT ALWAYS WILL. IT IS HUMAN NATURE...AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE HUMAN NATURE. WE ARE ALL SUSPICIOUS OF THOSE WHO ARE DIFFERENT FROM US. PERIOD. THAT IS THE WAY IT IS. AND THE DOOR SWINGS BOTH WAYS...NOT JUST ONE. RACISM IS A UNIVERSAL LAW OF NATURE....BLACKS HAVE IT TOWARDS WHITES AS MUCH OR MORE SO THAN WHITES HAVE IT TOWARDS BLACKS.

What we do with that racism tells what kind of a person we are. How we project...how we interact....how we perceive. To deny that racism exists in EVERYONE is to deny HUMAN NATURE....and I know that you lefties LOVE to believe that you are above the fray...but you LIE to yourselves...and you also like to believe that the definition of RACISM is white people hating black people because of the color of their skin. Never...EVER does that door swing the other way for you. Sad that such naivity still exists.

Now...there....you have a conservative who has said that racism exists.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:05 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What truth? The dude got into an altercation with the cops. What ignorance am i displaying?
Yes, the ignorance is he pushed an ABC office who didn't identify himself. Some "violent" assault there!

Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Zimmerman thought of himself as 100% White. That's why he had the attitude. In other words, he was passing.
No, he didn't! He identified with his mother's Hispanic roots. That came out long ago.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Funny how you believe that you have the events of the evening down. I must have missed the news story that said you had determined the events and have simpliufied it for the rest of us.
Excuse me? Did I mis-state something? Is it not true that GZ was on his way to Target, carrying a gun? Is it not true he thought Trayvon was a prowler? Is it not true that GZ killed Trayvon? Please indicate which of these statements is untrue. Thank you.

The person I was responding to said it was GZ's "poor choices" and that Trayvon "ended up" dead, like we don't know how he ended up that way.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-03-2012 at 01:15 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Excuse me? Did I mis-state something? Is it not true that GZ was on his way to Target, carrying a gun? Is it not true he thought Trayvon was a prowler? Is it not true that GZ killed Trayvon? Please indicate which of these statements is untrue. Thank you.

The person I was responding to said it was GZ's "poor choices" and that Trayvon "ended up" dead, like we don't know how he ended up that way.
I'll answer for him:

Statement 1: True/or to grocery store
Statement 2: True/or was casing the place for future crime
Statement 3: True/.......but, but, Trayvon threw the first punch.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:43 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Zimmerman also had a myspace account called "datniggytb"

He also had another account called "Only to be a King again"

George Zimmerman's Disparaging Remarks About Mexicans on MySpace - NYTimes.com

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'll answer for him:

Statement 1: True/or to grocery store
Statement 2: True/or was casing the place for future crime
Statement 3: True/.......but, but, Trayvon threw the first punch.
No one knows who threw the first punch, unless you do b/c you were there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies