Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 AM

191 posts, read 242,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
What do you mean why would he scream for help? He was getting the crap beat out of him. And to whom should he have related the information about the gun - the guy beating him?

You're not entirely level-headed in that sort of situation.

Allegedly 'beating him'. The only thing that we know for a fact is that Zimmerman fired the shot that ended the life of the young man.

All that I know is that if I had a gun and was following a person around and an altercation happened because of my actions, I'm not calling for help. I got 'help' right in my pocket and he definetly used that 'help'.If he's screaming help, I wouldn've expected to hear something like, 'he's trying to get my gun!' or something of that nature.

I do agree on the not being level headed part of your post. I doubt that normal, level headed people pursue people who are merely walking in a neighborhood.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:46 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
One would think that there would be, especially if they were as close as Zimmerman claims. And after posting in all 5 threads there have been about this tragedy, I can honestly tell you that some posters have made me question the existence of human decency. Some are rejoicing that "one more thug" is dead, but the vast majority of them are men. Women tend to see Trayvon as a kid, and show much more compassion.
Because women are materializing this little kid, not the 6'3" no_limit N-word mess that was posting F a bit-c-h on his tweeter accounts, defacing property, having possession of a drug pipe and residue, Jewelry he can't account for and three suspensions.

IMO if most women had him walk by as a nearly adult tall young man with his gold teeth, I think if they were honest with themselves they would be at least scared of such a person getting too close to them and what they might do.
Young men make most of the trouble.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:48 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
Allegedly 'beating him'. The only thing that we know for a fact is that Zimmerman fired the shot that ended the life of the young man.

All that I know is that if I had a gun and was following a person around and an altercation happened because of my actions, I'm not calling for help. I got 'help' right in my pocket and he definetly used that 'help'.If he's screaming help, I wouldn've expected to hear something like, 'he's trying to get my gun!' or something of that nature.

I do agree on the not being level headed part of your post. I doubt that normal, level headed people pursue people who are merely walking in a neighborhood.
Witness are on record telling No Limit N-word to stop beating on GZ as they called 911.
There was all the damage to GZ as well.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Great article.
Everyone interested in this issue should read it.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm sure you know he was answering the dispatcher's question, Is he white, black, or hispanic.
Not what I meant and you know it.
Quote:
He was answering the dispatcher's question as to his race, you realize that right? What was he supposed to do, lie and pretend he didn't know?
Another person who is taking a few words out of a very long post to suit an agenda. I've never accused Zimmerman of being a racist, since I don't know him or what he was thinking that evening. However, if you listen to the 911 call, he was close enough to describe what Martin had on his feet.
Quote:
Exactly. Since the shooting was on Feb 26 and Zimmerman did not take a chemical test, we'll also never know if he was drinking. Once a poster strongly criticized me because the police can't force you to take a tox screen, but at least it would be on record that he declined. After all, he just shot someone. Police often ask drivers to take a breathalizer if they're driving erratically. Speaking of normal, level-headed people, I once posted an article where neighbors described the "rush" Zimmerman got when he pursued suspects. I'll look for it.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-26-2012 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: tired, shouldn't be posting at 4am. lol

Old 04-26-2012, 02:35 AM

191 posts, read 242,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Witness are on record telling No Limit N-word to stop beating on GZ as they called 911.
There was all the damage to GZ as well.
I've been lurking for awhile, but I must ask....what is your obssession with this boy's alleged twitter handle?? Really, what does that have to do with anything?

Witnesses told the victim to stop beating Zimmerman?? That's a new revelation for me.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Link?
Use Google. I've personally linked articles in numerous threads that support what you put in bold. You don't even know the outlines of the case and you're just going on the attack. Inform yourself.

In the 911 transcript Zimmerman's first statement is to describe Trayvon as suspicious and looking at homes in the rain.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
I've been lurking for awhile, but I must ask....what is your obssession with this boy's alleged twitter handle?? Really, what does that have to do with anything?

Witnesses told the victim to stop beating Zimmerman?? That's a new revelation for me.
Well you haven't been paying attention. There was a witness named "John" who saw the fight from his house. Zimmerman sees him and says help. He tell them to stop and he goes up stairs to call the police. He hears a gun shot shortly after. He identifies Zimmerman (through his attire) as the man on the bottom.

His twitter handle supports the contention that he is prone to violence. He adopted a thug persona online which means he probably adopted one offline.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
I've noticed that as well, it's really disturbing and I'm starting the think that it's not just a few people on a message board that feel that way.

There's something else about this case that is bothering me....why would a person with a gun be screaming for help?? And if it was Zimmerman that was screaming, why didn't he indicate that he had a gun or that it was being wrestled away from him??
Shooting a gun at someone is a serious thing for most people. Life isn't a video game.

Your point actually helps Zimmerman. It shows that on some level he showed restraint while getting beaten.

As for your other questions they are irrelevant he's no officer he doesn't have to identify himself or that he has a gun. How come Trayvon couldn't keep his hands to himself?

Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
I've noticed that as well, it's really disturbing and I'm starting the think that it's not just a few people on a message board that feel that way.

There's something else about this case that is bothering me....why would a person with a gun be screaming for help?? And if it was Zimmerman that was screaming, why didn't he indicate that he had a gun or that it was being wrestled away from him??
Years ago my Irish friend who liked a good fight..was walking down a very public street...with myself and my girl friend at the time who was had been drinking and was lagging behind...She was a trouble maker and insulted a couple of leather clad thugs standing in front of a bar..

All we heard from behind was "That guy just smacked me"...we turned and a street fight ensued . Myself and my Irish friend rapidly beat the crap out of the two thugs...near the end of the battle my Irish friend could see cruisers arriving..He propped up his limp opponent...held him in a standing position and began to cry out.....HELP HELP SOME BODY GET THIS GUY OFF ME...

Detectives approached my friend and laughed...that the conqueror was playing the victim...anyway they took the two thugs away and set us free..

A shrewd person knows how to set things up...anything is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies