Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The judge, Kenneth R. Lester Jr., said he would revisit the issue if it became clear that the Zimmerman family had control of the money at the time of Mr. Zimmerman’s bail hearing last week, when the family said it could not afford the $1 million bond requested by the prosecution.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 PM

191 posts, read 242,408 times
Quote:
That's the prevelant attitude in the black community, no snitching, and look where it has gotten it.

He could have shot him the minute Trayvon started wailing on him and he did not.

He can follow anyone he likes. Go to a dictionary and look up stalking and come back.

There is some merit to what you say. I may have made a different decision if I was Zimmerman, doesn't mean what he did do was murder.
What do you know about the Black community when you have indicated that you are not a part of it?? Do you think that other cultures don't 'protect their own', so to speak? I guess because there isn't a buzzword or catchphrase associated with it, it doesn't matter. There's a small percentage of Blacks (and other races) that do believe in not snitching, but you can't put that on the majority of Black people.

You didn't answer my question- do you discount the girlfriend's testimony or not?

I took your advice and looked up the definition of stalking and that is what Zimmerman did. You cannot follow anybody that you want to because directly or indirectly, you become a possible threat to that person. Following a person also incites fear and is a form of intimidation. You must not have been followed before, so you can't relate to how that makes a person feel. So, no you can't follow a person who's simply walking home for those reasons.

I'm not even going to get into the 'mercy' that Zimmerman showed during the alleged beating. That statement makes absolutely no sense at all.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Read the first paragraph. There is more that will come out. It's not over yet.
True. I wish this wasn't such a high profile case but of course we wouldn't be talking about it, if it wasn't so publicized. LOL However, some of these judges have never been in front of cameras like this, so they're under a lot of pressure. This is just speculation, but it only makes sense that this is one reason the Zimmerman family tried to get Mark NeJame to be George's attorney. I mean, he's not shy when he's on CNN and knows how to talk to the camera. Of course this should never matter when we're talking about our justice system, but of course it does when the eyes of the public are watching. Mark O'Mara isn't nationally known, but he was probably the next best choice (referred to the Zimmerman family by NeJame) because he was on local TV and radio as the channel 6 legal analyst. I am very impressed with him every time he appears on TV.

Anyway, back to the web site, I agree with the Martin family's attorney that it just goes to show how manipulative Zimmerman is when it comes to covering his a$$. I mean, he claimed the ATF officer didn't identify himself, so it wasn't his fault. He said his fiancee hit him with a baseball bat, so he was only defending himself. I'm not sure why he went to court when he had traffic violations. Most people just pay the fines. The officer failed to appear both times. So many coincidences! I wonder if he ever paid Capital One. Reminds me of the woman in Michigan who won $1 million in the lottery and continued to use her food stamps. "Oh, I had no idea I was doing anything wrong!"

Zimmerman's wife also testified under oath that they were flat broke. Nobody can convince me that more than $200,000 was sitting in a PayPal account and nobody knew about it. Bullpucky! I have a PayPal account and get emails every time there is a transaction.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:38 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Do you have a link that
confirms that Martin can't account for the jewelry? Or that he was arrested for possession of stolen property? If not, that's irrelevant as well.
Yet the same people don't think there is anything wrong with Zimmerman and his wife swearing under oath that they are "penniless" and "flat broke" to get low bail while over $200,000 sat in a PayPal account. Odd, isn't it? I just read here (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/27/3580501/judge-considers-increasing-zimmermans.html - broken link)that Mark O'Mara said:

"He absolutely knew there was money in that account. I am not suggesting he didn't know it was there," O'Mara told reporters after a court hearing Friday where the issue was disclosed to the court. "The question is whether he felt that needed to be disclosed. ... It was an oversight."

I guess I need to catch up!

Oversight? What a crock! Oversight is another word for lying.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:19 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I guess we have to look at it from a 17yr olds point of view, a little different than an adult. At 17 I would have ran my azz off to get away, especially being so close to home. I wondered as an adult, would I have reacted differently. I guess it depends on how Z approached me. If he was polite and identified himself as CW captain, then I may have understood and conversed and explained myself. If he was rude and pushy, then the outcome may have been a little different, but I highly doubt there would be any physical confrontation.
I would still run my azz off, or go for a knee to his groin. (Meeting up with a stranger who tries to detain you for questioning is a bit different when seen from the p.o.v. of a woman.) IMHO much will be revealed when we finally hear the testimony of DeeDee, who was talking with Trayvon at the time. We know that he expressed concern to her about being followed, because she told him to run. She'll be able to testify as to his state of mind and exactly how fearful he was about being followed, as well as the way Zimmerman approached him and asked what he was doing there. We know from hearing Zimmerman's call for back-up that he'd already decided that Trayvon was "up to no good" and that "these azzholes always get away with it." That makes it seem likely that he wasn't exactly courteous when he started speaking with Martin. I don't believe the story that Martin circled back to confront Zimmerman...they were too close to where he was staying. At this point I believe nothing that Zimmerman says; he's
prevaricated too many times. In his call, he tells the dispatcher that he doesn't know the street name, yet it's the main street in the complex, the one by the clubhouse and main entrance. That Zimmerman lived there yet couldn't ID the street is hard to believe; it coincides with him refusing to wait in his truck for the police, telling the dispatcher to have them call him when they arrived. Clearly he intended to follow Trayvon, which I would never have done had I thought that person was a criminal, armed or not. I only hope that Zimmerman is, for once, held accountable for his behavior.
Otherwise, it's a clear signal to everyone living in a SYG state that, if you hate someone and have the guts, it's possible to confront them, kill them and claim self-defense. That isn't a good scenario.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yet the same people don't think there is anything wrong with Zimmerman and his wife swearing under oath that they are "penniless" and "flat broke" to get low bail while over $200,000 sat in a PayPal account. Odd, isn't it? I just read here (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/27/3580501/judge-considers-increasing-zimmermans.html - broken link)that Mark O'Mara said:

"He absolutely knew there was money in that account. I am not suggesting he didn't know it was there," O'Mara told reporters after a court hearing Friday where the issue was disclosed to the court. "The question is whether he felt that needed to be disclosed. ... It was an oversight."

I guess I need to catch up!

Oversight? What a crock! Oversight is another word for lying.
It makes one wonder exactly how many lies Zimmerman has told.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I would still run my azz off, or go for a knee to his groin. (Meeting up with a stranger who tries to detain you for questioning is a bit different when seen from the p.o.v. of a woman.) IMHO much will be revealed when we finally hear the testimony of DeeDee, who was talking with Trayvon at the time. We know that he expressed concern to her about being followed, because she told him to run. She'll be able to testify as to his state of mind and exactly how fearful he was about being followed, as well as the way Zimmerman approached him and asked what he was doing there. We know from hearing Zimmerman's call for back-up that he'd already decided that Trayvon was "up to no good" and that "these azzholes always get away with it." That makes it seem likely that he wasn't exactly courteous when he started speaking with Martin. I don't believe the story that Martin circled back to confront Zimmerman...they were too close to where he was staying. At this point I believe nothing that Zimmerman says; he's
prevaricated too many times. In his call, he tells the dispatcher that he doesn't know the street name, yet it's the main street in the complex, the one by the clubhouse and main entrance. That Zimmerman lived there yet couldn't ID the street is hard to believe; it coincides with him refusing to wait in his truck for the police, telling the dispatcher to have them call him when they arrived. Clearly he intended to follow Trayvon, which I would never have done had I thought that person was a criminal, armed or not. I only hope that Zimmerman is, for once, held accountable for his behavior.
Otherwise, it's a clear signal to everyone living in a SYG state that, if you hate someone and have the guts, it's possible to confront them, kill them and claim self-defense. That isn't a good scenario.
I would not have gotten physical unless Z laid a hand on me, as not to escalate the situation. I am to old to fight and I will shoot if threatened, but believe me, I have avoided situations because I carry a gun, better to walk away.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There is no eyewitness (who has come forward) to the beginning of the fight. NO ONE knows who threw the first punch. We do know that Trayvon was dead less than a minute after his phone call to his gf ended.

So how do think the prosecution will be able to prosecute their case with this crucial gap missing? We do have at least one witness who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman pummelling him.
From the day after the shooting, I'm sure you've seen this video.

Quote:
"The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.
John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.
"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."
Read more: Trayvon Martin shot and killed in neighborhood altercation (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/022712-man-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1tKuo0HUz - broken link)

Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Stars for Trayvon pics.

‘Stars for Trayvon’ fundraiser for Martin’s family - The Washington Post

Old 04-28-2012, 07:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
So how do think the prosecution will be able to prosecute their case with this crucial gap missing? We do have at least one witness who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman pummelling him.
From the day after the shooting, I'm sure you've seen this video.

Read more: Trayvon Martin shot and killed in neighborhood altercation (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/022712-man-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1tKuo0HUz - broken link)
There is another witness who said a big guy was on top and a kid underneath. I'm not going to dig for the link; it's been posted many times and I'm sure you've seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies