Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So far THREE NBC employees have lost their jobs over the intentional racist editing of the 9/11 tape.

[url=http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/lilia-luciano-fired-misleading-edit_b125484]Another Misleading Edit Costs Another NBC News Employee Her Job - TVNewser[/url]

Isn't it interesting that NBC Today show or Nightly News has NOT ONCE mentioned this on the air, has NOT ONCE mentioned they edited the tape in the first place?
You know that isn't true. They've apologized over and over and fired people. What more do you want? Blood?

In one of your earlier posts in March you describe the 911 call and say:

"It's pretty clear Martin attacked this guy and HE was the one yelling for help."

If you had your mind made up way before anyone noticed the editing mistake, how can you possibly say the "Today Show" mattered to anyone?

"Today Show" played:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black.

The actual tape:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy - is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

In any other case, editing a tape to shorten its length would have been acceptable. They screwed up and are paying for it dearly. I do agree that the media has demonized Zimmerman and he deserves a fair trial like anyone else. However, this was a bad mistake of irresponsible editing. There's absolutely no proof that it was done on purpose to portray Zimmerman as a racist.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes, the ignorance is he pushed an ABC office who didn't identify himself. Some "violent" assault there!
You didn't read the police report, did you?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Every time I come to one of these threads I ask myself why I bother with some people yet I keep coming back for more . Anyway, this is true. I personally don't think NBC news should have fired anyone. Other networks, including the beloved Fox News have done the same thing and no one got in trouble. Anyone who can't distinguish propaganda from fact is not going to change their mind based on some insignificant edit. The same people complaining about NBC have no issues with the right wing blogs who posted lies and pictures that they claimed were TM and weren't even him. Crucify NBC, but it is okay when Fox and right wing blogs do it.
Exactly! I remember watching a speech by President Obama and then flipping through the channels. Immediately after he spoke about jobs and how getting people back to work was one of his main concerns, I heard Fox report (I am paraphrasing) "Obama doesn't mention jobs once in his speech."

Anyway, I also wonder why I keep coming back to this forum. Michelle Malkin admitted to posting a fake picture of Trayvon Martin, but just yesterday a member here posted it. It apparently doesn't even matter that it's a proven fake!

This is what Trayvon looked like on his Facebook Page. As this article says, there has been a smear campaign to blame the victim.

[url=http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/26/452310/what-everyone-needs-to-know-about-the-smear-campaign-against-trayvon-martin-1995-2012/]What You Need To Know About The Smear Campaign Against Trayvon Martin (1995-2012)[/url]

Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So far THREE NBC employees have lost their jobs over the intentional racist editing of the 9/11 tape.

Another Misleading Edit Costs Another NBC News Employee Her Job - TVNewser

Isn't it interesting that NBC Today show or Nightly News has NOT ONCE mentioned this on the air, has NOT ONCE mentioned they edited the tape in the first place?
Notice how they get fired but when it is done of FOX no one gets fired. If they did the place would be empty except for maybe one or two.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Proof, please. Give us videos. Not babbling blogs but actual unedited videos. You can't because it's not true.

[youtube]JS1NWYV1i_E[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS1NWYV1i_E&feature=related]Sean Hannity Confesses Using Fake Footage: "Jon Stewart Was Right!" - YouTube[/url]

Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I always said that Zimmerman's own words will be the hammers that secure the nails to the door of his own coffin. In terms of his defense, he may well be his own worst enemy. I believe O'mara is suddenly beginning to realize just how much of an uphill battle he has in proving self-defense.

George Zimmerman Trayvon Martin new details: Source says Zimmerman told police that Trayvon circled his SUV, frightened him - Orlando Sentinel
Zimmerman is crazier than a Bessy bug!

He has to realize that he is facing serious charges and had lied way to much for him to come out of this.

The idiots that donated money to him are just as crazy to donate money to someone they don't know.

This story is weird! Its like a movie!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Proof, please. Give us videos. Not babbling blogs but actual unedited videos. You can't because it's not true.
It is true. It doesn't matter though. You will continue to believe what you WANT to believe and disregard the truth. Fox News lies and edits videos and any Fox News viewer who claims to be outraged about NBC editing out a line from the GZ 911 call is full of it (or something that rhymes with "it"). It is obvious that they have an agenda and if you can't see that, you are a victim of their mind control. Personally, I listened to all of the full versions of the 911 calls, I never heard the edited version on NBC. In fact, I rarely watch NBC unless their is a television show that I like on it.

Fox Crops - YouTube

Fox News, ABC air edited clip of Hoffa

NPR Sting: Edited Video Makes Schiller, O'Keefe Look Bad - TIME

Fox News Lies About "Violent Wisconsin Protests" - YouTube

Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. Next time do your own homework, but if you subscribe to the Fox News school of thought you'll probably fail for presenting opinions and lies as fact with no credible source.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 PM

I had too many articles and videos showing people on Fox lying, and I want to stick to the topic, which is the Zimmerman-Martin case.

Rather than just post the above link, I think it's important to spell out some of the smears that were posted on right wing sites and televised on Fox just to discredit the victim of a shooting. Remember, Trayvon Martin was not armed and was not committing a crime. He was only walking.

[URL="http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/26/452310/what-everyone-needs-to-know-about-the-smear-campaign-against-trayvon-martin-1995-2012/"]Smearing Trayvon Martin[/URL]

1. Prominent conservative websites published fake photos of Martin. Twitchy, a new website run by prominent conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, promoted a photo — purportedly from Martin’s Facebook page — that shows Martin in saggy pants and flipping the bird. The photo, which spread quickly on conservative websites and Twitter, is intended to paint Martin as a thug. As Twitchy later acknowledged, it is not a photo of Trayvon Martin. [Examiner]

2. The Sanford Police selectively leaked irrelevant, negative information about Martin. The authorities told the Orlando Sentinel this morning that Trayvon was suspended from school for ten days “after being found with an empty marijuana baggie.” There is no evidence that Martin was under the influence of drugs at the time of his death, nor would prior possession of marijuana be a reason for killing him. It’s unclear what the relevance of the leak was, other than to smear Martin. [Orlando Sentinel]

3. On Fox News, Geraldo said that Martin was dressed “like a wannabe gangster.” Bill O’Reilly agreed with him. The sole evidence is that Martin was wearing a hoodie. Geraldo added that “everyone that ever stuck up a convenience store” was wearing a hoodie. [ThinkProgress; The Blaze]

4. Without any evidence, prominent right-wing bloggers suggested that Martin was a drug dealer. Right-wing blogger Dan Riehl advances the theory, also advanced in a widely linked piece on a site called Wagist. There does not appear to be any evidence to support this claim whatsoever. [Riehl World View]

Old 05-03-2012, 10:23 PM

2,963 posts, read 3,530,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Every time I come to one of these threads I ask myself why I bother with some people yet I keep coming back for more . Anyway, this is true. I personally don't think NBC news should have fired anyone. Other networks, including the beloved Fox News have done the same thing and no one got in trouble. Anyone who can't distinguish propaganda from fact is not going to change their mind based on some insignificant edit. The same people complaining about NBC have no issues with the right wing blogs who posted lies and pictures that they claimed were TM and weren't even him. Crucify NBC, but it is okay when Fox and right wing blogs do it.
NBC manipulated a phone call to further their race baiting agenda. The truth has a conservative bias and liberals manipulate the truth to push their cause.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
NBC manipulated a phone call to further their race baiting agenda. The truth has a conservative bias and liberals manipulate the truth to push their cause.
Both liberals and conservatives (and everyone in-between) exaggerate. The worst myth is that the media is liberal. After all, how can the media be controlled by liberals if this is true? Click on link below.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/number1/]FOX News - #1 Cable News Channel - FOXNews.com[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies