Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times

Advertisements

See if this one works.

Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against Al Sharpton, NBC, and the Martin Family Attorneys - Wausau Legal Education | Examiner.com

Old 05-06-2012, 05:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm neither lawyer nor paralegal, but if someone said "white t-shirt", I believe his/her testimony would be considered unreliable, as neither Trayvon nor George was wearing a white t-shirt.

And what's with all the importance of who was on top? That doesn't mean that person was the attacker.
We'll never know who the attacker was. The best the judge/jury can do is take what they're given and decide.

I think the decider will weigh the claim that the guy on top wore white as more likely tm than gz.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:42 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
All three counts are bogus.

1. Zimmerman caused the world emotional distress when he hunted and killed the boy. Emotional distress cases are usually laughed out of court

2. The defamation case won't stand, no matter how many times Sharpston called him racist, because the court does not award people money for hurt fillings, Zimmerman would have to show material damages before he can get any punitive damages and there are no material damage to zimmerman

3. Zimmerman can't sue the family for bringing the country close to a race riot because legally
a) almost doesn't count
b) he was the cause of the problem singling out a black boy

Old 05-06-2012, 05:47 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
What an idiot. He needs to bow down and thank the powers that be that he is a free man, then try to go on with his life and reconcile himself to the fact that he killed a child.
At 17 and the size of a grown man, that "child" could just as well have killed him. I don't know what happened and I won't claim to. We all have to wrestle our own demons. It is clear that NBC altered a tape in order to give the appearance that Mr. Zimmerman was guilty. They in essence caused a possible contamination of a jury pool by their actions and should be held liable. Irrespective of how this trial turns out, what NBC did by editing the tape is a violation of ethics at the least and possibly criminal.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
At 17 and the size of a grown man, that "child" could just as well have killed him.
not if he had done his job, called the cops and stayed away from the kid.

Zimmerman effed with the kid, the kid had the right to knock his block off

Old 05-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
not if he had done his job, called the cops and stayed away from the kid.

Zimmerman effed with the kid, the kid had the right to knock his block off
Again, you know what the media has told you.. You did not witness any of it and you don't know that when instructed not to follow that Zimmerman did not indeed do as he was instructed. If he is indeed guilty of murder then I hope he is convicted, but if he is not, then I hope he is released and recieves compensation from a suit against NBC at the very least. Guilty or innocent, what NBC did was flat wrong!!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legally Speaking View Post
All of your assumptions are false. Zimmerman did not hunt the boy. The Martin fellow approached Zimmerman and then ran off making Zimmerman think he was up to no good. Martin was bashing Zimmermans head into the concrete. The pictures and witness's attest to it. The media was at fault along with Sharpton for trying to sway public opinion to find Zimmerman guilty before the masses.
Zimmerman admits to following the kid, if he was threatened by an innocent person it was all in his head and he should have got out of there.

when you follow an unarmed person and then end up shooting them, that is hunting.

Zimmerman is a punk that lucked out in finding an unarmed kid. It might have turned out differently if he had encountered an adult packing some heat. He would have learned a lesson about hunting people.

As for the legal, matters, I am not assuming anything, Martin's claims are all bogus, and none will stand up in court. Its just a ploy for money like he has been doing for the last two months.

Seems like he is an even more despicable individual than I thought. Trying to benefit off the death of a kid (a death he caused I might add) is despicable.

And cheering on a child murderer is just as bad

Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legally Speaking View Post
I don't know you and what claims do you object to?

I don't know you as your post count is near zero and you are starting threads making stupidly unsupported claims that are highly political. Go ahead there propaganda bot, tell us your story. Explain to us all here how you are just the average Joe posting your opinion.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Again, you know what the media has told you.. You did not witness any of it and you don't know that when instructed not to follow that Zimmerman did not indeed do as he was instructed. If he is indeed guilty of murder then I hope he is convicted, but if he is not, then I hope he is released and recieves compensation from a suit against NBC at the very least. Guilty or innocent, what NBC did was flat wrong!!
I am only going off what Zimmerman has admitted. And he admits not leaving the scene.

You are telling me that if Zimmerman had left when they told him they didn't need him to tail the boy, that the boy would still have been shot???

Ignoring all that the media has spun, facts are

1. He followed the Boy

2. He was told to stop

3. The boy was shot by Zimmerman.

even knowing just this would negate any claim of self defense in my eye. Especially by someone unarmed.

If someone tells you the lions are dangerous, don't jump in the Lions den, and you still jump, you think I am gonna be sorry when the lions tear you apart?

Zimmerman made the conscious decision to stay around the kid and when things got rough he shot the kid. Zimmerman created the situation.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I am only going off what Zimmerman has admitted. And he admits not leaving the scene.

You are telling me that if Zimmerman had left when they told him they didn't need him to tail the boy, that the boy would still have been shot???

Ignoring all that media has spun facts are

1. He followed the Boy

2. He was told to stop

3. The boy was shot by Zimmerman.

even knowing just this would negate any claim of self defense in my eye. Especially by someone unarmed.

If someone tells you the lions are dangerous, don't jump in the Lions den, and you still jump, you think I am gonna be sorry when the lions tear you apart?

Zimmerman made the conscious decision to stay around the kid and when things got rough he shot the kid. Zimmerman created the situation.
All I am saying is that there are a thousand different scenarios that could have played out and speculation can make one look foolish. I have no idea if Zimmerman is guilty or innocent and I do believe in our court system. It isn't perfect, but it has served us relatively well for over 200 years. If he is guilty then hopefully the evidence will be enough to convict him. If he is innocent I hope he is released, irrespective of the results of his release. We have a court system for a reason and we trust our courts and those who we select as jurors for a reason. When we begin convicting people on what the media tells us then we may as well shred the constitution and every right we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies