Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So why would'nt an obvious smaller person alone in a store does not fear him but a grown man with a gun found him "suspicious looking and threatening?
I think that there is a major personality flaw with GZ that is slowly coming to light. He is a 28 year old loser who couldn't make the police force, got fired from his security guard job because he was bing too aggressive with customers and the only way that he got to assert himself was through the Neighborhood Watch.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Yes, of course. So, what? You can get charged for possession if you are in possession of it, which he wasn't since he had already smoked it. You can get charged for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, which Martin wasn't as he was walking. So, Martin would not be charged for anything.

The point is, if Zimmerman had stayed in his car and the cops showed up, the cops wouldn't have done anything to Martin, other than question him. Once they realized he had every right to be where he was, that would be the end of the story.
Ah, circular arguments...how do they work?

If Martin wasn't out that night in the neighborhood, GZ wouldn't have approached him, leading up to Trayvon confronting GZ and hitting him.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM

Why are all of the pro-Zimmerman people in places like the South and Idaho...oh wait, nevermind. We know why.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why are all of the pro-Zimmerman people in places like the South and Idaho...oh wait, nevermind. We know why.
You mean why am I located near three top rated universities and Research Triangle Park; home of IBM, Syngenta, NIH, Cisco, etc? Why am I located in the "south" near one of the highest concentrations of Ph.D. graduates in the country? That "south"?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Uh no they arn't.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,893,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Ah, circular arguments...how do they work?

If Martin wasn't out that night in the neighborhood, GZ wouldn't have approached him, leading up to Trayvon confronting GZ and hitting him.
Martin had every right to be out that night in that neighborhood walking to his dad's girlfriend's house.

Zimmerman had a right to be on the look out for suspicious activity and to call it in to the police. There was no suspicious activity going on. There was a 17-year-old boy walking down the street. But, even then, no wrong, no foul for calling the police about a boy walking down the street.

However, Zimmerman had no business following him, then getting out of his car and chasing him. THAT is where the fault lies. THAT is where you can trace everything back to.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You mean why am I located near three top rated universities and Research Triangle Park; home of IBM, Syngenta, NIH, Cisco, etc? Why am I located in the "south" near one of the highest concentrations of Ph.D. graduates in the country? That "south"?
The Cackalacky will always be the Cackalacky no matter how many PhDs come there from elsewhere.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Martin had every right to be out that night in that neighborhood walking to his dad's girlfriend's house.

Zimmerman had a right to be on the look out for suspicious activity and to call it in to the police. There was no suspicious activity going on. There was a 17-year-old boy walking down the street. But, even then, no wrong, no foul for calling the police about a boy walking down the street.

However, Zimmerman had no business following him, then getting out of his car and chasing him. THAT is where the fault lies. THAT is where you can trace everything back to.
Nope, don't buy the whole thing about not following. You *might* have a point if he was right up in his face, pointing and screaming at him. Even then, it's pretty sketchy at best. Trayvon, when followed, should have just kept on going home to call police rather than confront GZ. He would still be alive if he just done that. Instead, TM sealed his fate by approaching GZ and whaling on him. Shouldn't have brought fists to a gunfight. A very valuable lesson for any would be tough guy who wants to confront someone they suspect of stalking, and assuming that person doesn't have the means to equalize the situation.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
[snip]Are you trying to deny that there is even a remote possibility that GZ is lying about self defense because he knows that it will save his butt?

Again, I go back to his apology in court. If someone broke into my home and was trying to rob/harm me and I killed them, I would be damned if I am going to apologize to that person's family if it was truly self defense; I don't care if it the burglar was a 12 year old.
If I killed someone in self defense I'd have no problem telling the family I'm sorry for the loss of their child.

There's certainly a possibility gz is lying about self defense. To you and a bunch of others, even if he's telling the truth it doesn't matter. He left the car, followed tm, and killed the unarmed child who carried skittles and iced tea. Guilty.

btw, the red lighter found on his body. Just like a typical teen, carries a lighter in case a stranger on the street asks him for a light.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
If zimmerman came up on me like he did with trayvon I would be swinging to.
You just stated that Martin "came up on him," so you must have witnessed the incident. When will you be coming forward to testify?

People have made up their minds, even though they don't have a clue.

If this guy is found guilty of self-defense or agitated manslaughter, there will most likely be riots. If this happens, we can blame Jackson, Sharpton, NBP, congresswoman Wilson (talking out of her a$$), and all the race baiting fools for sparking needless racial tension for their own gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies