Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 10:54 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I agree with Geraldo at the end of the interview when he said Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter at least, he should have stayed in his car, he persued Martin.

Of course that part is missing from the video you posted....
The problem with even this is that as long as Zimmerman had the right to be there he can't be convicted of even that or should I say he shouldn't be convicted. Basically once Trayvon put his hands on Zimmerman all bets were off. Just because Zimmerman put the events in motion doesn't mean Trayvon can beat him to death without having the opportunity to defend himself.
Lawyer: Trayvon Martin's mom disturbed by 7-Eleven video moments before death
Quote:
But the original lead detective in the case believed Zimmerman caused the fight by getting out of his vehicle to confront Martin, who wasn't doing anything criminal, and then could have defused the situation by telling Martin he was just a concerned citizen and tried to talk to him. He didn't think Zimmerman could legally invoke Florida's "stand your ground" law and should be charged with manslaughter.

Under that law, people are given wide latitude to use deadly force rather than retreat in a fight if they believe they are in danger of being killed or seriously injured, they weren't committing a crime themselves and are in a place they have the legal right to be. The original prosecutor in the case accepted Zimmerman's invocation of the law after the Feb. 26 shooting, but a special prosecutor rejected his claim last month and charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder.
If the part in bold is in fact true then Zimmerman wasn't violating law by profiling Martin and had every right to be where he was. Seems like an easy case to me.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Exactly.

And now a key witness is changing his story....

U.S. News - Key witness in Trayvon Martin shooting changed story
He didn't change what he saw but what he heard, the mysterious cry for help that Martin's own father said was not him. Also the date of the change of story is instructive. March 20th is when Sharpton and company were throwing around accusations and the MSM was going berserk over this case. My guess is this witness wanted to minimize what he heard as to not get pulled into the maelstrom.

The defense is going to have difficulty getting witnesses to testify in open court with the climate Sharpton has created.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:17 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
You come after ME in the dark you are going to get at least a fight on your hands.
And that's why you would be at fault and dead as well - you have no right to initiate an ass wooping because you're a paranoid hood rat and because someone approaches you to ask a question. And just because something could have been avoided does not make that approach and questioning a crimnal offense.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,487 times
[quote=mig1;24365703]Some Details we will never know because he was a minor, but a partial portrait of a 17 yr old that initially was depicted as a 12yr old, murdered on his way home from the store after buying candy and watermelon juice for no reason, well, maybe because he wore a hoodie, tell a story.

-Smoked pot

Multiple presidents have tried drugs. Does that mean our nations leaders are dangerous thugs?

-Transferred from one HS to another (was he thrown out, expelled? hmmm)

-Suspended from current school 3x

-Tardiness and truancy
Oh my gosh, he was late to school. Alert the army.

-Surveillance camera caught him hiding and acting suspicious in unauthorized areas at his school

-Tattooed
He has his girlfriends name and a tattoo of god's hands. I don't see the problem.

-Reports of punching a bus driver, his cousin posted to his account, “yu ain’t tell me tell me yu swung on a bus driver
It was never confirmed.

-Caught with many pieces of jewelry he can't explain
Of course he can't explain it. He is dead. It also was never linked to any robberies.

-Gold Grill in his mouth
Oh no, not a gold grill. This reminds me of one scene from "I'm gonna git you sucka".

I'm gonna get you sucka - YouTube

-Vandalized school property
He wrote "WTF" on a school locker. Kids in the suburbs have done worst than that.

-No Limit N**** handle, possible referring to a rap song by Kane and Abel featuring friend C Murder, Lyrics
So......
What does that have to do with anything?

-Obscene gestures
Like?

-Pictures of his friends flashing gang signs on FB
And? You judge him on what his friends did?

-Carried around a large flathead screwdriver in his school bag, WHY? ? ?

I could come up with a similar list for Zimmerman.
/quote]

Last edited by Ilovethecommunity; 05-19-2012 at 12:44 PM..

Old 05-19-2012, 11:42 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
And that's why you would be at fault and dead as well - you have no right to initiate an ass wooping because you're a paranoid hood rat and because someone approaches you to ask a question.
Well, Zimmerman wasn't approaching him to ask him a question. He was stalking him down with a gun to shoot him.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
As I said, we will have to see how it plays out in court and see if the jury believes him or not. We can all say this, that or the other, but it will all come down to the jury in the end and right now it is'nt loooking to good for TM.

No, things haven't looked "too good" for Trayvon Martin for almost 3 months now. However, Trayvon Martin isn't the one on trial for killing an unarmed teenager walking home from the convenience store...that would be Zimmerman.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
No, things haven't looked "too good" for Trayvon Martin for almost 3 months now. However, Trayvon Martin isn't the one on trial for killing an unarmed teenager walking home from the convenience store...that would be Zimmerman.
Yeah, that unarmed, baby-faced, harmless looking 12 year old...NOT the high on pot, gold-toothed, 6'3'' trouble maker who suck-punched Zimmerman and then proceeded to straddle and start beating on him. I wonder how long Zimmerman should have waited to defend himself.....maybe after he was beaten unconscious by that lovely, hoodie-wearing young man?

ALL the evidence points to Zimmerman well within his right to defend himself.

Who knows how far the high-on-pot trayvon would have gone with the beating.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Well, Zimmerman wasn't approaching him to ask him a question. He was stalking him down with a gun to shoot him.
OK Sylvia Brown!

Old 05-19-2012, 12:23 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, that unarmed, baby-faced, harmless looking 12 year old...NOT the high on pot, gold-toothed, 6'3'' trouble maker who suck-punched Zimmerman and then proceeded to straddle and start beating on him. I wonder how long Zimmerman should have waited to defend himself.....maybe after he was beaten unconscious by that lovely, hoodie-wearing young man?

ALL the evidence points to Zimmerman well within his right to defend himself.

Who knows how far the high-on-pot trayvon would have gone with the beating.

Actually, even the police believe that Trayvon Martin would be alive if George Zimmerman hadn't left his truck and pursued him...many posters have included links to that fact. And unless you were there with a tape measure to check for yourself, I'll be taking the word of the ME who wrote in the official autopsy report that Trayvon Martin was 5' 11", not 6' or 6' 3". Keep up with what's current on the thread if you're going to make assumptions. Martin had every right to defend himself against a total stranger who demanded to know why he was in the complex, and who may have tried to detain him. ALL the evidence points to the fact that a kid walking home from the convenience store is dead because George Zimmerman made yet another poor decision. My goodness; surely you aren't accusing Jeb Bush, Angela Corey and the co-sponsors of the SYG law in FL of being liars and race-baiters because they've denounced Zimmerman's behavior??

Jeb Bush Says 'Stand Your Ground' Invalid in Trayvon Martin Case - Jeb Bush - Fox Nation

Angela Corey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And new information makes it look even worse for Zimmerman:

Trayvon Martin Witness Believes 'He Intended for This Kid to Die' - Yahoo! News

Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He didn't change what he saw but what he heard, the mysterious cry for help that Martin's own father said was not him. Also the date of the change of story is instructive. March 20th is when Sharpton and company were throwing around accusations and the MSM was going berserk over this case. My guess is this witness wanted to minimize what he heard as to not get pulled into the maelstrom.

The defense is going to have difficulty getting witnesses to testify in open court with the climate Sharpton has created.
The Black Panthers put out a bounty on Zimmerman, his defense team was getting death threats, people are randomly attacking others out of "revenge" for Martin... if I was a key witness for Zimmerman I might change my story too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies