Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 03:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
This whole case is 100% the media's fault. There is no reason that we should always have to back down to crime and let these thugs walk all over us. Trayvon Martin was nothing more than a thug, and WAS suspicious, he was not a nice boy just strolling through the neighborhood and killed in cold blood for being black. The media wanted to spin this and use their race manipulation on us. The truth will come out, and I think George Zimmerman is going to walk free, which he should.

We should not have to back down to the thugs and to crime, we should be able to protect ourselves and our neighborhoods. Why is someone who tries to help the community looked down upon? I forgot, this country has become so weak and so PC that we can't do anything besides bend over and hope they don't kill us, because if we defend ourselves we'll be hated.
There is zero evidence that Trayvon was doing anything but walking home from the store and talking on the phone as he walked.

It is not up to you or any other thug vigilante to make yourselves judge, jury, AND executioner just because YOU deem someone to be "acting suspiciously."

As far as I'm concerned, self-appointed armed vigilantes are the real "thugs."

Old 05-20-2012, 03:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
This whole case is 100% the media's fault. There is no reason that we should always have to back down to crime and let these thugs walk all over us. Trayvon Martin was nothing more than a thug, and WAS suspicious, he was not a nice boy just strolling through the neighborhood and killed in cold blood for being black. The media wanted to spin this and use their race manipulation on us. The truth will come out, and I think George Zimmerman is going to walk free, which he should.

We should not have to back down to the thugs and to crime, we should be able to protect ourselves and our neighborhoods. Why is someone who tries to help the community looked down upon? I forgot, this country has become so weak and so PC that we can't do anything besides bend over and hope they don't kill us, because if we defend ourselves we'll be hated.
This ^^^ is just beyond the pale, not to mention stunningly uninformed. Is this what "home schooling" has produced?

Old 05-20-2012, 03:20 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Did it ever occur to you that he doesn't have to be lying to be convicted of 2nd degree murder?
Of course he can be convicted even if he's not lying. Conviction depends upon many things, the evidence submitted by both sides, believability of the witnesses, the arguments of counsel, and so on. Innocent people do, in fact, get convicted. It depends upon what the jury believes after all the evidence has been presented. It mostly it depends upon whether or not the STATE convinces the jury of its case. (Remember the Casey Anthony trial). In this situation, the defense is also going to put on evidence of self-defense.

Btw, the question originally was not regarding conviction but rather regarding whether or not the State believes Zimmerman is lying about what happened that night. The state in fact believes Zimmerman is lying about what happened that night, otherwise, the State would not have filed charges. It's really a simple concept.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Try to keep up. If was Katiana labeling Martin a child...not me.
I should keep up? Um, try taking reading a comprehension course.

You are the one who said persons age 17 are adults, not children, because restaurants do not consider them to be qualified to get meals for free. I was pointing out that it wasn't a good example, because even a 13 year old cannot eat for free in most places.

Quote:
When you look at homicide rates you find the highest rates of homicide offenders is among those in the 17 to 24 age bracket. You are more likely to be killed by a 17 year old "child" than a 40 year old adult. You are at greater risk of being killed by a 17 year old "child" if you are also a "child" or black.
So you must be very pro-choice. I can't think of any other way to avoid becoming a teenager than not being born at all. Using your logic, every 17 year old must be a suspect. What's the solution? I know! Maybe we should put everyone into a chemically induced coma at age 15 for 5 years to lower the crime rate.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Um, try taking reading a comprehension course. You are the one who said persons age 17 are adults, not children, because restaurants do not consider them to be qualified to get meals for free.
You need to go back a few posts to understand instead of taking one statement out of context.

When you look at homicide rates you find the highest rates of homicide offenders is among those in the 17 to 24 age bracket. You are more likely to be killed by a 17 year old "child" than a 40 year old adult. You are at greater risk of being killed by a 17 year old "child" if you are also a "child" or black.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Of course he can be convicted even if he's not lying. Conviction depends upon many things, the evidence submitted by both sides, believability of the witnesses, the arguments of counsel, and so on. Innocent people do, in fact, get convicted. It depends upon what the jury believes after all the evidence has been presented. It mostly it depends upon whether or not the STATE convinces the jury of its case. In this situation, the defense is also going to put on evidence of self-defense.

Btw, the question originally was not regarding conviction but rather regarding whether or not the State believes Zimmerman is lying about what happened that night. The state in fact believes Zimmerman is lying about what happened that night, otherwise, the State would not have filed charges. It's really a simple concept.
You just contradicted yourself. First you say that he can be convicted even if he is not lying - then you say the State wouldn't have filed charges unless they thought he was lying. Doesn't the state file charges because they think they can win a conviction? So, based on your own analysis - they don't need to think he lied in order to file charges.

By the way, thank you for listing all the reasons a person could be convicted without having lied - it saved me some work.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
I dont think we need to resort to attacking Trayvon. That, imo, is stooping to the level of liberal media. The bottom line is, Zimmerman, from what we know so far, has been truthful. The media tried hard to make it seem like he was a liar and guilty, but from what I see, I dont think there should even be a trial.

UNLESS there is some secret evidence we dont have clue about, how is this case worthy of tax payer money? Everything points to Zimmerman defending himself. Case closed.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
There is zero evidence that Trayvon was doing anything but walking home from the store and talking on the phone as he walked.

It is not up to you or any other thug vigilante to make yourselves judge, jury, AND executioner just because YOU deem someone to be "acting suspiciously."

As far as I'm concerned, self-appointed armed vigilantes are the real "thugs."
No, he was attacked and used his gun in self defense. The media has lied, doctored videos just so they can turn this into a racial case, when it is not. They do everything they can just so they can make money.

He was trained by the police so he can keep his neighborhood safe. I bet if he protected your family you'd be thankful for it.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Try to keep up. If was Katiana labeling Martin a child...not me.

Quote:
You need to go back a few posts to understand instead of taking one statement out of context.

1. Please provide some verification.

2. If what you say is true, that is span of 8 years (17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24), 7 of which are adulthood. My educated guess is that there is a "bell curve" with the age going up, peaking, and then going down again.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:36 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Wait, I can't keep track of which one was the "thug", Zimmerman or Travyon?

How many more Travyon threads are you going to start, Harrier? This is kind of an obsession with you, isn't it? How many times do we need to rehash the same details? *yawn* This is like the All-Travyon Channel, all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies