Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good points. Why is this case being infinitely rehashed here on multiple threads when the facts aren't in yet? What's the point?
Probably a little like the birther threads. Just an attempt to counter absurd "myths" people are creating from the little evidence out there.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I think you're misplacing some events in the timeline. Zimmerman STARTED out in his car, on the phone telling the police dispatcher that this unknown guy who looked like he was on something was coming toward him with his hand in his waistband. Your post is the first suggestion I've seen that Zimmerman claimed to have gotten back into his car. Can you share the source of that factoid?
These are not "factoids" I'm posting. I'm making the argument that certain types of experts can and do calculations based on measurements and timelines in order to determine the possibility of things happening in the way they were described.

I'm not personally arguing the timeline or what anyone said when. I've read in posts on CD that Zimmerman said Martin was circling the car, and Zimmerman was in it, etc.,etc. What I'm saying is it's possible, and very often done, in court cases that experts are called to do the type of analysis I described above for the purpose of explaining to the jury how things unfolded, depending on which side such analysis helps. Such an expert could take all of Zimmerman's sworn statements (which the state would provide to such an expert) regarding what happened and do such an analysis.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
These are not "factoids" I'm posting. I'm making the argument that certain types of experts can and do calculations based on measurements and timelines in order to determine the possibility of things happening in the way they were described.

I'm not personally arguing the timeline or what anyone said when. I've read in posts on CD that Zimmerman said Martin was circling the car, and Zimmerman was in it, etc.,etc. What I'm saying is it's possible, and very often done, in court cases that experts are called to do the type of analysis I described above for the purpose of explaining to the jury how things unfolded, depending on which side such analysis helps. Such an expert could take all of Zimmerman's sworn statements (which the state would provide to such an expert) regarding what happened and do such an analysis.
And I asked you to post some source for the statement that "Zimmerman said Martin was circling the car." In particular that any such thing occurred AFTER Zimmerman chased him. The call to the police is well known and often repeated, so we all know that Zimmerman claimed Martin was coming toward him in the car at the start of the call. Where have you seen the claim that Martin was circling the car, or that Zimmerman was back in the car?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 PM

812 posts, read 595,072 times
Quote:
The above is what YOU said. Your use of the word "preponderance" does not make sense in the first sentence of the first quote. I said nothing about preponderance of the evidence, which is the standard of proof in civil cases. I asked you a preponderance of WHAT?

YOU brought up the subject of verbally provoking Trayvon in your above post....see the bolded sections. Now you're objecting to your own question about "verbally provoking".....make up your mind, please.

Maybe English is not your first language; maybe that is the problem with the vocabulary not matching what it seems you're trying to say.
What is so hard about "practically everything said here, the preponderance is predicated on profiling. The beauty of the English language is its versatility. How did you do in the subject? I could have said is the preponderance, meaning most everything said here, is predicated on the prejudiced notion,mthe assumed notion, that z saw him as a black and therefore a criminal. What I am telling you with no intent to insult is if a pack of spotted bulldogs is seen around the neighborhood knocking over the trash you might not want to chase your neighbors bulldog out of the yard. Or as Juan Williams once said I get a little nervous when I see a group of Arabs on an airplane. It is n association of bad things occurring under certain indicators. Doesn't mean the same thing in the mall or in the workplace ad infinitude. If your gonna play English conjugation with me you best go get your text book. Moreover, so many of you hold others to the standard of writing a paper for grading when you yourselves have your own issues but you do that as a defense mechanism
This is a conversation board for goodness sake where maybe just maybe we learn from one another as in other facets of life. Hey you insult me right back at you. Frankly, if I say something irritating it is probably tongue in cheek because many just get plain unruly. Because I'm generally conservative and because the preponderance, there's that sticky word again, of overseers are liberals I get censored.
This was not a premeditated attack on this young man. Trayvon IMO was immature, a child in a mans body. He May have had too much time on his hands and he probably was not well supervised. I am really sorry he lost his life. I do not believe a man should go to jail for watching out for his neighborhood or defending himself. I believe there are politically motivated race batters in this world who earn their living by driving a wedge between us. They should be in jail for their many crimes against humanity. As long as they continue to be successful in making their living based on division you and I will devolve instead of evolving to a point where both lack and white are beautiful

Im not buying into the crap!

I'll take a c- for overall content. I declare this course pass/fail and self grading.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
harrier, same kid only with a hoodie on.
I feel real sorry for that kid but I sure as hell would cross the street if I saw him walking towards me, especially in a big city and at night.

I wouldn't take the risk.

Proves that Zimmerman should have left him alone.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
And I asked you to post some source for the statement that "Zimmerman said Martin was circling the car." In particular that any such thing occurred AFTER Zimmerman chased him. The call to the police is well known and often repeated, so we all know that Zimmerman claimed Martin was coming toward him in the car at the start of the call. Where have you seen the claim that Martin was circling the car, or that Zimmerman was back in the car?
How many ways do I have to say this? I am not asserting that anything I said about Zimmerman was in the car and Martin was circling it was factual. I clearly stated that I had read that information posted here on CD somewhere.

I'm not arguing that as a fact. I used that as an example of WHY the location of the body and the location of the car, etc., would likely be important in this case. I asked someone a question about where the body was and where the car was, and you responded and asked me what difference that made to this case. I answered you, using the example of things I'd read on CD (I do NOT take anything I read outside of the court records to be FACT), in order to explain to you what various experts in court cases can do with information in re locations and times.

Once again, I'm NOT asserting that those examples I gave were FACTS.

Do you understand yet what I was trying to explain to you about the physical evidence that can be obtained through certain forensics experts regarding locations and timelines? That was my point.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Trayvon Martin Seen in 7-11 Surveillance Video Prior to Shooting - Yahoo!

Compare what Trayvon Martin looked like to George Zimmerman on the night of his tragic death to the picture the MSM continually spread around in their shameless attempt to influence public opinion against Zimmermann without giving a chance for all the facts to come out.

Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.

Most kids look innocent at 12.

Journalism died about 10 years ago.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 PM

812 posts, read 595,072 times
Quote:
Again you bring up the subject of race, and imply that blacks are paranoid because of the color of their skin.

In addition, the rest of the post seems amazingly naive. Maybe you didn't grow up in this country, and maybe you're unfamiliar with American history, as well as the history of Central Florida and in particular Sanford, Florida. That could account for the naivete.
If you still believe that because of the color of your skin you are reviled and unwelcome in your surroundings your goal should be change those circumstances within your environment no one should have to live that way bi fully understand that black people and other minorities have gotten a raw deal but so long as you persist in believing the majority of the world sees you that way you are carrying an unnecessary yoke. Some of the writings here indicate that many still believe that is true. Probably I might agree that in segregated black communities there are a majority that believe they are still unequal. That personal sense of denigration will keep those folks down

I work with many successful black people. Maybe they secretly believe they are playing on an uneven field of play. Many are very smart and reliable some less than others same proportion as white folk. I read way too many complaints here, in fact the whole damn argue meant is based on race. I don't believe a white bubba police force let z go. Hell no, it's insulting and it's stupid and it tells me those that believe it need a change of venue a new perspective, different friends, a new work place. I haven't experienced it so I admit I can't fully understand but this constant pounding of the drum as represented by those seekin political advantage and those that feel I is another example of racism. Not buying it here. I am sorry for you that you do, if you do, -no way to live.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
How many ways do I have to say this? I am not asserting that anything I said about Zimmerman was in the car and Martin was circling it was factual. I clearly stated that I had read that information posted here on CD somewhere.

I'm not arguing that as a fact. I used that as an example of WHY the location of the body and the location of the car, etc., would likely be important in this case. I asked someone a question about where the body was and where the car was, and you responded and asked me what difference that made to this case. I answered you, using the example of things I'd read on CD (I do NOT take anything I read outside of the court records to be FACT), in order to explain to you what various experts in court cases can do with information in re locations and times.

Once again, I'm NOT asserting that those examples I gave were FACTS.

Do you understand yet what I was trying to explain to you about the physical evidence that can be obtained through certain forensics experts regarding locations and timelines? That was my point.
And once again, having never seen those examples posted in any of the threads I have read, I am asking you to provide a way for me to read them, as I am interested in seeing them in context. I have seen no one but you ever suggest such a thing, so I am hoping you can point me back to one of the places where you have seen the assertion made, whether you believe the assertion or not. Since you saw it, please show me where I can see it.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
If you still believe that because of the color of your skin you are reviled and unwelcome in your surroundings your goal should be change those circumstances within your environment no one should have to live that way bi fully understand that black people and other minorities have gotten a raw deal but so long as you persist in believing the majority of the world sees you that way you are carrying an unnecessary yoke. Some of the writings here indicate that many still believe that is true. Probably I might agree that in segregated black communities there are a majority that believe they are still unequal. That personal sense of denigration will keep those folks down

I work with many successful black people. Maybe they secretly believe they are playing on an uneven field of play. Many are very smart and reliable some less than others same proportion as white folk. I read way too many complaints here, in fact the whole damn argue meant is based on race. I don't believe a white bubba police force let z go. Hell no, it's insulting and it's stupid and it tells me those that believe it need a change of venue a new perspective, different friends, a new work place. I haven't experienced it so I admit I can't fully understand but this constant pounding of the drum as represented by those seekin political advantage and those that feel I is another example of racism. Not buying it here. I am sorry for you that you do, if you do, -no way to live.
I'm not black. And I suggest you do some studying of history.....specifically the history of Sanford, FL and the Central Florida area regarding racism. See bolded section in your post. Obviously, you are sorely lacking in that area of factual knowledge.

Btw, do you consider Martin Luther King to have been a "race batter"?

Seems pretty obvious you didn't grow up in this country, or if you did, you missed out on history classes. Do you even know what Jim Crow laws were? There's probably a lot yet for you to learn about this country's past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies