Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"beating hishead into a pulp"?

You should look up the definition of "pulp"...he had a few scratches on the back of his head and a scratch on his nose. Didn't even require any stitches.
The EMTs didn't even put a band aid on those cuts, much less butterfly bandages or sutures. Zimmerman refused repeatedly to be taken to the hospital. If I had killed someone and planned to use fear of death as my defense, I'd want every part of my body photographed in order to buttress my case. Perhaps Zimmerman realized that tests for drugs and alcohol would be done routinely in a hospital visit.

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And HERE is where you get into very muddy water. You cannot prove that the prosecutor filed bogus charges in this case simply because of politics. You cannot prove that "someone" gave her instructions to file charges regardless of what she found. That is all just speculation on your part.

The fact is that the State of Florida has filed 2nd degree murder charges against Zimmerman. That, in fact, means that prosecutor believes she has evidence to prove that charge. Prosecutors get into huge trouble for filing charges against a defendant if they do not believe they have sufficient evidence to win the case. So, unless you can prove that the charges were simply politically motivated, you have to take it at face value. AFTER the trial, after you see all the evidence they State has, then it would be appropriate to say that the State didn't have enough evidence to prove the case, but still, it's a reach to try to prove that the charges were filed for political reasons alone. At this point, YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ALL OF THE STATE'S EVIDENCE. They haven't released everything yet.
I still disagree. I think the prosecutor can file the charge while not believing they can win the case. I have no interest in proving that's what happened, but I can believe it all I want.
Someone got killed. Let the investigation be done, and be done thoroughly. If the evidence supports the charge, the accused goes to prison, and justice has been done. And if the evidence doesn't support the charge, then the accused goes free.

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
No Fancy, you deal with it. I notice no one seems to want to challenge the invasion of space fact. You can't just say, I am black and you are white and the law prohibits you from following me for that reason. You simply cannot, do not, and will not get your wayon that one. It is simply ...racist...to believe our laws should afford you that kind of shelter. racist to the extent that because you are of one color or another you should get a pass. Racist because you are shot by a person of one color or another opposite color or the same. Race simply has no baring.
People deserve the right to protect life and property. Being black does not give one cover from scrutiny.
That is really so immature, really xenophobic for lack of a better term.
What are you talking about?

IMO, this is not a case about racism or a hate crime. I think it's a case of an insecure person, wanting authority, and wandering off into fantasyland to try to be a super-hero. Being Latino does not give one cover from scrutiny either.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The EMTs didn't even put a band aid on those cuts, much less butterfly bandages or sutures. Zimmerman refused repeatedly to be taken to the hospital. If I had killed someone and planned to use fear of death as my defense, I'd want every part of my body photographed in order to buttress my case. Perhaps Zimmerman realized that tests for drugs and alcohol would be done routinely in a hospital visit.
Perhaps he was still in shock over the fact he has just killed someone, and wasn't yet thinking clearly about his legal defense.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I still disagree. I think the prosecutor can file the charge while not believing they can win the case. I have no interest in proving that's what happened, but I can believe it all I want.
Someone got killed. Let the investigation be done, and be done thoroughly. If the evidence supports the charge, the accused goes to prison, and justice has been done. And if the evidence doesn't support the charge, then the accused goes free.
So it's simply your belief or opinion? Nothing more, nothing less.

Just like it's your belief that Zimmerman is telling the truth, and that defending yourself by killing someone should not be questioned? And we will see if the state's evidence throws enough reasonable doubt on Zimmerman's statement for the jury to convict.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Perhaps he was still in shock over the fact he has just killed someone, and wasn't yet thinking clearly about his legal defense.
Had Zimmerman's head wounds been serious, the EMTs would have at the very least put a band-aid on them. Had he shown any symptoms of confusion or severe shock, both LE and the EMTs would have made every effort to convince Zimmerman that he might have a concussion or subderal hematoma and been insistent that he receive medical treatment. At no time did anyone report that he was confused or in shock.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Maybe he was going to stop at the mailbox because he hadn't gotten his mail earlier in the day.
Who checks the mail on Sunday night?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I think many vocal attackers of Zimmerman got forced into their positions by the early on manipulation of public opinion and mishandling of the facts by the media. Now they're stuck and can't admit that they have nothing to support their views other than emotion and can't accept that they were played.
I was originally critical of Zimmerman but then more and more of the facts came out and we saw just how badly the media , MSNBC in particular, handled the reporting. Now I can think that its at least a 50/50 chance that Trayvon did indeed initiate the physical confrontation that resulted in his death.
As I said before, two idiots willingly entered on a collision course that most other people could and would have avoided.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think many vocal attackers of Zimmerman got forced into their positions by the early on manipulation of public opinion and mishandling of the facts by the media. Now they're stuck and can't admit that they have nothing to support their views other than emotion and can't accept that they were played.
I was originally critical of Zimmerman but then more and more of the facts came out and we saw just how badly the media , MSNBC in particular, handled the reporting. Now I can think that its at least a 50/50 chance that Trayvon did indeed initiate the physical confrontation that resulted in his death.
As I said before, two idiots willingly entered on a collision course that most other people could and would have avoided.
It wouldn't be good for gz if evidence showed he started the physical confrontation. Still, even if he did, he was legally allowed to use deadly force under some conditions Some people don't like that legal fact. Too bad.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 AM

52 posts, read 45,454 times

THE VERDICT

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies