Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
$135k goes a long way in South America, and people would probably still be donating to him for a while
That's why I added my previous comment. Yes, if he had the money, it might last for 5 or more years. It's just not that easy to move money around without a trail and if you transfer it illegally, if it's stolen or lost, you can't file a complaint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Operative words "if convicted". Not a likely scenario.
I didn't know you were clairvoyant.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:01 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times

Quote:
George Zimmerman is seen in a newly released photo taken Feb. 27, 2012, one day after he shot Trayvon Martin.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/02/us...D3MgF9oWNTcdUg

Old 06-01-2012, 05:01 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Innocent people don't "flee" but now people are saying he should have left the country. You can't have it both ways. Leaving the country is not the same as fleeing. I'll have to go back to read the post to which I responded, but I am quite certain the word was "flee" not leave. Of course he could have left the country, but how would he survive? Sending money to a fugitive is illegal, isn't it? It's not as if you can just pack up and leave the U.S. and take up residence elsewhere.
I said today and months ago he should flee, take a runner, leave the country, disappear, vanish. I used my tea leaves to forecast that he'd be arrested and convicted, irrespective of his guilt or innocence.

However he'd manage to survive wherever he went [family, friends, his super powerful father, a job], beats staying here.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I said today and months ago he should flee, take a runner, leave the country, disappear, vanish. I used my tea leaves to forecast that he'd be arrested and convicted, irrespective of his guilt or innocence.

However he'd manage to survive wherever he went [family, friends, his super powerful father, a job], beats staying here.
Exactly in the beginning when there was speculation his father was Jewish I said he should hightail it to Israel. I knew once the marches, Holder and Obama got involved he would be charged with something.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I wasn't asking if he was innocent....

I was asking...was Zimmerman charged with a crime??
Zimmerman has been charged with a crime. Which point in time are you referring to?

Old 06-01-2012, 05:07 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Zimmerman has been charged with a crime. Which point in time are you referring to?
charged with a crime.... TRUE CRIME!!

Old 06-01-2012, 05:20 PM

As I suspected I knew the Trayvoniacs were blowing this out of proportion. Prediction Zimmerman will be back out on a higher bail amount maybe by the end of next week. The judge didn't even think the passport issue was a big deal.

Quote:
Prosecutors also accused Zimmerman of failing to turn over a second passport he owns as a condition of his bail. O’Mara said Zimmerman had lost his passport several years ago and obtained a new one, only to later discover the original passport when moving recently. Once he discovered the original passport, Zimmerman gave it to his lawyer. The judge sided with the defense and found that Zimmerman did not deliberately hide the second passport.
Oh and the case continues to slip away from the prosecution, enjoy it while it lasts Trayvoniacs.

Quote:
Last month, prosecutors released much of the witness statements and other evidence in the case, but withheld some key materials, including the names of witnesses and transcripts of statements Zimmerman gave to investigators.

Prosecutors argued that Zimmerman’s statements to police amounted to confessions, which are exempt from public-records law. But the judge said Zimmerman’s statements would likely bolster Zimmerman’s defense.
Read more here: Judge orders Zimmerman back to jail - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

Read more here: Judge orders Zimmerman back to jail - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

Old 06-01-2012, 05:22 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
charged with a crime.... TRUE CRIME!!
Great, your thread got moved there and now you think every single other one should. Take it up with a mod instead of spamming this thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And just how stupid would a defense attorney have to be to come out of a hearing like this one and act all emotional or enraged??? You do realize that good attorneys are also often good actors and very charming, don't you? And what else could he say, other than this will be explained to George's benefit? Have you never heard attorneys in high profile cases come out and say that their client can hardly wait for the trial so they can tell the truth and be exonerated?

"transparancy" is a goofy word to you? That's a "liberal goofy word" to you? Wonder why the Republicans are always throwing that liberal word around regarding President Obama?
Uh...hello! I quoted someone. I responded to someone else's post. That someone wasn't you. I didn't realize this internetwebthingy stuff was so hard.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
BS. The witnesses the state have contradicted themselves many times over. One said she was guided by the news. The state has nothing, the revocation of bail means nothing. So Zimmerman was vague about the money in his Paypal account.

The prosecution has to prove that Zimmerman acted with malice in killing Martin how does this change anything. Can the prosecution prove Zimmerman started the fight? They've thus far admitted they can't
Broad generalizations like that would lose a case for you in a heartbeat if you were a lawyer. And the statement about the revocation of bail and the reason for it amounts to nothing is just beyond naive. Zimmerman wasn't "vague" about the money, he lied about the money.

Edward, I'm not so sure you're correct when you say the State has to prove that Zimmerman acted with "malice." Do you have a definition for the word "malice" from the Florida Statutes?

According to Florida law, does the phrase "depraved mine regardless of human life" mean "malice"? I don't think so. The statute is saying it's a depraved mind showing no regard for human life. I think Zimmerman demonstrated he had no regard for human life when he set out in that community with a gun pursuing Martin, it was a reckless act on his part.

You know, words in statutes usually have a legal definition and not just a casual definition you might find online. In reading the Florida statute for 2nd murder, I don't see the word "malicious" or "malice" in there. Do you see it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies