Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 PM

812 posts, read 594,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Which explains why you believe GZ had the right to kill TM. After all, he didn't lie down and play nice for the man.

GZ: "What are you doing here?"

TM: "Oh, yessir masser. I know Black people have no right to walk down the street without creating suspicion. I don't know who you are or why you are following me in the dark and chasing me behind buildings, but you are the boss, so let me bow down and beg for your mercy."
That is an idiotic statement and you know what it takes to make an idiotic statement?

Old 06-02-2012, 02:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
No. Even if the motion was wrong about which passport gz turned in, the error isn't close to a misconduct level imo.

Whether in the long run Lester's comment that gz's statements to cops likely bolsters his case turns out to be more important than gz and his wife lying to the court, who knows. For now, bad day for gz. imo
So you think the motion may have been mistaken, not knowingly wrong.

Credibility will be the issue for Zimmerman, imo. Now they have at least two instances where, under oath, in a hearing he lied.

I think Judge Lester's comment will be forgotten. The statements themselves will, at a hearing or trial, will prove to be helpful or not helpful. I don't think the bail revocation will be forgotten.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
That is an idiotic statement and you know what it takes to make an idiotic statement?
Pot, meet Kettle:

Quote:
You know what there comes a time when if you expect your child to grow up and become an honorable productive citizen of value to himself and society, when he lies in the floor and kicks his feet you have to spank his ass and send him to bed.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I would say the Martin side has a political agenda too. Would you not agree?
If you call wanting a fair trial a political agenda.....maybe they do.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
He does seem to be a bit of a nutcase. I just see no crime he committed that night. Even if he initiated the physical altercation, which the preponderance of the evidence seems to show he did not, he could well be innocent under Florida law. It seems to me the first prosecutor wisely chose not to prosecute.
Exactly! This is another frequent case of reverse discrimination. One of the posters here uses the term masser here and this guy would likely not know the term. Spanish people historically at least in this country had good relations with the negro community. It was actually Muslim blacks that primarily engaged in the slave trade of their own. I note the lady that posted from Florida understands the concept with the use of masser . Maybe not far detached hmmm?

Old 06-02-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Pot, meet Kettle:
Sorry this is correct. There does indeed come a time and hopefully it is here. No more reverse discrimination by virtue of our ancestors in today's politically correct society imposed by liberal race batters that gain their political power from the duped the massa has become the slave.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
He does seem to be a bit of a nutcase. I just see no crime he committed that night. Even if he initiated the physical altercation, which the preponderance of the evidence seems to show he did not, he could well be innocent under Florida law. It seems to me the first prosecutor wisely chose not to prosecute.
Obviously the state attorney disagrees with you as criminal charges have been filed.

Have you folks ever thought that if GZ is acquitted that that event is very likely to precipitate a modification to the SYG law or repeal?

GZ's on the record falsehoods at this point have probably hurt his self defense enormously.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If you call wanting a fair trial a political agenda.....maybe they do.
Your bias is showing.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:38 PM

488 posts, read 554,584 times
Quote:
And converseley, even if he didn't initiate the confrontation he could well be guilty.

I don't know how you, or anybody else in this thread, can determine with such grea certainty a crime has or hasn't been committed unless you were there or have all of the available evidence at hand. About the best evidence I've seen here is speculation based on tidbits of evidence released in the media, or speculation based on speculation in the media and politically driven websites.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Sorry this is correct. There does indeed come a time and hopefully it is here. No more reverse discrimination by virtue of our ancestors in today's politically correct society imposed by liberal race batters that gain their political power from the duped the massa has become the slave.
You seem to be the only person pushing the race aspect of this case really hard. Do you think it was "reverse discrimination" that GZ was arrested and charged with a crime, and has a good attorney, and is now scheduled to have a trial by a jury of his peers?

Below are just a few examples of many:

"reverse discrimination"....again. Trayvon Martin Case Updates: 2 Judges Recuse, "graphic pictures" of Zimmerman's Injuries, Bond set at $150K

"wild eyed racist speculation".....http://www.city-data.com/forum/24570019-post5441.html

"advancement of racism"........http://www.city-data.com/forum/24565668-post5413.htm

"It is a racist drama by black"....http://www.city-data.com/forum/24548392-post5170.html

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-02-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies