Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 06:19 PM

812 posts, read 595,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Another tirade about black racism.

You're going to be really disappointed when there are no riots in the streets, as so many anti blacks seem to be "praying" for. Btw, it took very little "work" time or effort to find and link to your posts.

Apparently one person here who said Zimmerman will not get justice is clearly wrong. There are NOT THREATS ANYWHERE that there will be riots if Zimmerman is acquitted. In fact, I challenge you to link to reliable sources which quote anyone threatening riots if Zimmerman is acquitted. Regardless of your belief that black politicians "own" our justice system, they DO NOT. Zimmerman will be tried by a jury of his "peers" selected from a large pool of jurors called for this case. Don't know whether or not the case will end up being tried in Sanford or not; I'd guess not. But don't know. You can watch the jury selection on TV, or if you live close to where the trial will be held, you can go to court and personally watch the process. The prosecution and the defense get to select the jurors. Al Sharpson and Jesse Jackson and whatever black caucus you're talking about will have no say in who gets selected to be on the jury, and I would say that to suggest such a thing is in fact racism, the old fashioned racism. Politicians will have NO SAY in what the jury decides.

I am white and I never hear anything about any "white devil".....where do you hear such biased language? Something you hear at any meetings maybe?
With all due respect Fancy you either have reading comprehension problems or you conjure up images andwords to fit your talking points I once had a neighbor like that, (Barbara is that you?)

Old 06-02-2012, 06:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
With all due respect Fancy you either have reading comprehension problems or you conjure up images andwords to fit your talking points I once had a neighbor like that, (Barbara is that you?)

Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
ty for the clarification. I didn't hear or read what Lester said. Relied on this from the Miami Herald--- "Prosecutors argued that Zimmerman’s statements to police amounted to confessions, which are exempt from public-records law. But the judge said Zimmerman’s statements would likely bolster Zimmerman’s defense."
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I pointed this out 20 pages ago. None of the Pro-Trayvon posters responded. I guess they are too busy high fivong each other over the revokation of bail.

Oh well let them have their fun when the mountain of evidence is released we'll see who is laughing.
Maybe it's because you are only posting links & quotes that suit your purpose?

I also pointed out in past posts that Zimmerman's attorney said that some of the sealed evidence, like emails and text messages, might prejudice potential jurors. This is directly from the local news channel in Orlando.

[url=http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Hearing-held-on-release-of-new-evidence-in-George-Zimmerman-case/-/1637132/14411806/-/nv5oh7/-/index.html]Judge to review, redact, release George Zimmerman evidence | News - Home[/url]

"It's not clear when the evidence will be released.

Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara believes Zimmerman's emails and text messages could prejudice a potential jury. They also believe the new evidence being released will make it more difficult to find a fair jury."

Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Nope, my name is not Barbara. Do you have problems with your neighbors?

Actually, I score pretty high on reading comprehension tests.

Obviously you can't counter the things I said so you resort to personal attacks. Additionallly, I'm not the one posting canned talking points...

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-02-2012 at 07:30 PM..

Old 06-02-2012, 06:48 PM

812 posts, read 595,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Oh, bologna! It has to do with the fact that many people see this as a case in which a 17 year-old kid went to the convenience store, was followed and questioned by a total stranger leading to a physical confrontation and, ultimately, the death of the teen. It might be shocking, but IRL many of us have family, friends, neighbors and co-workers of different races whom we like and even love. It's actually common these days. People are too busy living their lives to live in foggy shadows of fear and mistrust, as well as delusions of some vast and inevitable racial war. It's a pretty good place to live; it's
called America.
you know what bingo i agree with that 100 percent but only in maybe 60 percent of the country and not divided by state or region. you dont buy it and i dont buy it but the nsharpton jackson black caucus minions buy it and the racist black leaders get their power from it so they bang the drum and that leads to the national attention and this discussion and yes all of the above as written by you and me.

BTW i am so tired of knocking down the straw men of your fertilemind in that venue i cannnot keep up with your fertile imaginations of what happenned that night i cease to try, "followed and questioned" that really happened huh a foregone conclusion huh?

and to you barbara, i have done more for the black community in one year, any year, than you have in a lifetime. another liberal whiner that leads by talk instead of deed a joe biden al gore real giver I bet!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Please, Corey is bright enough to insure no charges are brought against her. It is pretty difficult to prove prosecutorial misconduct but even us laymen can see a prosecutor responding to a politically charged environment. The first prosecutor, in the absence of political coercion, wisely chose to let Z-man go.

What you believe does not matter. What Florida law states is what matters.
Is your above response intended to be a response to the quote you posted? If so, you didn't quote me. I didn't say "I'm not a liberal." etc.,etc. That was not posted by me.

I am defintely a liberal. Never been a conservative. And I totally understand that my beliefs and opinions to not transcend Florida law; I'm actually very delighted that that's true.

As for asserting as a fact that the special prosecutor filed charges based on political considerations and not based on evidence wrong; just speculation. There is a remedy for such abuse of power, and no one, not even Alan Derschowitz has had the nerve to make a direct allegation of prosecutorial misconduct.

Also, you obviously have not read the online court file and have no intention of doing so. Is that because you fear it will destroy your pet theory?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
I would say the Martin side has a political agenda too. Would you not agree?
Justice for a slain teenager? Yeah, that's about it.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
1) assaulting a concerned neighbor.

Corrected your mistake.

Possibly if that was not a fact Martin would not have been racially profiled.
We do not know who started the altercation between Trayvon and GZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
A concerned neighbor or an obsessive cop wannabe? I honestly don't think Zimmerman is a racist or even malicious. I just think he is emotionally unstable and not terribly bright. Break-ins or not, his history of over 40 calls to the police for everything from open garage doors to kids playing shows someone who is preoccupied with chasing would-be wrongdoers. Seriously, I've been on this Earth a lot longer than many people on this forum, and I've never met anyone who chased a shoplifter from a supermarket or engaged in a high speed car chase to catch an erratic driver.
Ditto. BTW, just had my 63rd birthday yesterday.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I'm not a liberal. I am a very staunch conservative. I've butted heads in other threads with many of those with whom I completely agree here. However, my political position does not define me and my determination of right and wrong as it does for you and others here. I do not believe that the right to bear arms should automatically give someone a pass in circumstances such as these.

With regard to the high-fiving comment by Edward, you should be as shocked as we are at Zimmerman's arrogance and fraud upon the court. Many of us knew it wouild come out at some point.

I really hope you will take a step back and analyze whether you are allowing politics to define you. This is an internet thread. No one will think badly of you. In fact, many will applaud you.
Great point. Key word..."circumstances here." I am a liberal and normally on the other side of a situation like this; however, the circumstances surrounding this killing, imo, definitely need to be sorted out in an official criminal case in court.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:03 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
you know what bingo i agree with that 100 percent but only in maybe 60 percent of the country and not divided by state or region. you dont buy it and i dont buy it but the nsharpton jackson black caucus minions buy it and the racist black leaders get their power from it so they bang the drum and that leads to the national attention and this discussion and yes all of the above as written by you and me.

BTW i am so tired of knocking down the straw men of your fertilemind in that venue i cannnot keep up with your fertile imaginations of what happenned that night i cease to try, "followed and questioned" that really happened huh a foregone conclusion huh?

and to you barbara, i have done more for the black community in one year, any year, than you have in a lifetime. another liberal whiner that leads by talk instead of deed a joe biden al gore real giver I bet!
I'm not the one using cliched imagery about "Frankenstein mobs" and the elusive "Barbara" here. Zimmerman's SUV was parked by the mail boxes and Martin's body was found well behind the first row of townhouses. That strongly suggests that Zimmerman was following Martin, and is in accordance with the statements regarding Martin's fear because a stranger was following him as related by his friend. Unless, of course, you're contending that Martin picked Zimmerman out of his truck and carried him back there. The fertile imagination here is in your posts, and they certainly display a well-manured field in which to grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies