Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"felonious assault"????

Yes, there was a fight that resulted in TM's death, and that's exactly WHY this issue will be resolved in the courts.
I don't know about Fla, but where I come from,Pa TM had he lived, would have been charged with aggravated assault.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You would have to go to the moon to find someone who has not read or heard something on the news. Hopefully they can judge this case fairly. If Z is found not guilty, then you can blame the prosecutor for over charging Z. Manslaughter may have stuck, but 2nd degree, I don't think so.
Lesser charges can be added later, and imo will be.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That only applies to white, christian males.

Driving while Black. = Probable cause
Walking in a white neighborhood while black = Probable cause
Woman wearing short dresses and raped = reasonable suspicion of provocation.
Muslum community wants to create a place to worship = Probable cause of terrorist activities.

I could go on, but you get the idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
These white conscious profiling reverse racism rants get so boring. Please give it up.
Except when its true Valerie. Maybe your just ignorant to the fact or delusional.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, the original investigating officer wanted to arrest Zimmerman the night of the killing but was over-ruled. He felt that Zimmerman told different accounts of what happened. Perhaps many of us are parents and can understand telling your children not to allow strangers to detain them. Most of us outside of FL had no clue about this incident until ovcatto began the first thread, which was well before Zimmerman was arrested. It seems natural to wonder why a teen was shot and killed while walking home from the convenience store. The arrest of Zimmerman wasn't accompanied by so much "fry the guy" as "Good; now we'll find out what happened." Were many of us skeptical of his story? Yes. And, as he committed perjury at the bond hearing, perhaps that initial officer and we as well were correct to be suspicious of George Zimmerman. I have been amazed at the attempt to disparage a dead teen, most of it merely
innuendo or blatantly fake materials. OTOH, information that has come out about Zimmerman has consisted mainly of official documents and what has been released, like the M.E.'s report. This hasn't been a case of the public crying for Zimmerman's blood as it has been a case of Zimmerman cutting his own throat by his words and actions, beginning on the night of the shooting.
Media reports that a prosecutor overruled a cop's request to arrest gz the night of the killing are just that--- media reports. Putting aside the prosecutor and SPD denying those reports, there's not a shred of evidence to back it up, not that evidence matters.

You wanted an arrest, investigation, trial, you got them. Did you think tm would be immune from scrutiny ? Some of what you call 'an attempt to disparage a dead teen', most by 'merely innuendo or blatantly fake materials' just might be used at trial if proven true by the defense.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
I don't know about Fla, but where I come from,Pa TM had he lived, would have been charged with aggravated assault.
Aggravated assault when he was followed and didn't instigate the situation?

Where your from LOL

Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Aggravated assault when he was followed and didn't instigate the situation?

Where your from LOL
George Zimmerman Will Never Be Convicted of Murdering Trayvon Martin - The Daily Beast

From that link:

Quote:
As I have written here before, Florida's law permits people to shoot to kill not only if their lives are in danger, but if even their property is threatened; beyond that, it permits them to shoot to kill if they reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent a felony. A law like that serves one purpose and one purpose only: to unleash armed vigilantes who roam through neighborhoods with a license to kill someone they reasonably believe might be doing something wrong.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-10-2012 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
You would have to go to the moon to find someone who has not read or heard something on the news. Hopefully they can judge this case fairly. If Z is found not guilty, then you can blame the prosecutor for over charging Z. Manslaughter may have stuck, but 2nd degree, I don't think so.
The courts do it all the time. High profile cases go to court fairly regularly in this country. Casey Anthony comes to mind.

Guilty or Not Guilty depends upon the quality of evidence the state puts on, AND the evidence presented by Zimmerman's legal team in re self-defense. Btw, a change of venue can happen in this case in order to facilitate finding an impartial jury. At this time, no one has asked for a change of venue.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Default This Piece Written BEFORE Zimmerman bail revoked.

WHOGO, the piece you quoted from this link was written PRIOR to Zimmerman having his bail revoked for lying to the Court.

George Zimmerman Will Never Be Convicted of Murdering Trayvon Martin - The Daily Beast

Old 06-09-2012, 07:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
WHOGO, the piece you quoted from this link was written PRIOR to Zimmerman having his bail revoked for lying to the Court.

I don't think that will make much difference. The physical evidence is enough to produce doubt well above reasonable on Zimmerman's guilt.

I would label Dow a Martin supporter, but also a realist.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I don't think that will make much difference. The physical evidence is enough to produce doubt well above reasonable on Zimmerman's guilt.

I would label Dow a Martin supporter, but also a realist.
I've never quite understood the "Martin supporter" vs "Zimmerman supporter" thing. Is this like the Yankees vs the Red Sox? When I express an opinion, it isn't because I support one side or condemn the other. It's because I am looking at all the evidence I've read and drawing my own conclusion. Maybe the jury will have a different point of view after all the evidence is presented and they hear eyewitness testimony. Maybe Florida Law will be the determining factor, that is, if he was acting in self defense and justified in using deadly force to save his life or if he was negligent or indifferent to human life.

In any case, the only label I think any of us should wear in this case is "justice."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies