Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So...You are trying to be the voice of reason amongst Us groupies?? You are failing miserably.
You seem to draw your line of support for victims based on age. At what age do you find yourself drawing the line?....You are justifying the harm and abuse of teens...If Trayvon was being abused rather than shot and killed would you have more sympathy?
If Trayvon was just a few years younger he probably wouldn't have been out walking home by himself w/ his tea and skittles. So, for those parents who espouse "Free range kids" whose children are out by themselves at 8,9, 10 yrs of age...And they get stalked by a "nut" like Zimmerman....You'll feel the same way??? This for me is not an age related, but a moral related situation. Zimmerman had been told to stop following
Trayvon.....Zimmerman was the criminal in the situation....He not only did not listen to the authorities, he took it a step further and continued to stalk Trayvon, murdering him. I still maintain that it was Trayvon attempting to "stand his ground" against Zimmerman who was/is the perpetrator. If it hadn't been Trayvon, it would have been someone else.
And, as far as labeling Trayvon as a "thug" where is your evidence?? And, what is contained in Zimmerman's juvenile records??? IMO there is no Grey area.....Zimmerman was in the wrong....and there is a Dead Youth as proof.
Once again I attempt to justify nothing. Nothing, one more time NOTHING.
What I contest is calling a 17 yearold a child. Nothing more nothing less. He wasn't a child. That same 17 yearold put up a damned good fight against a 28 yearold idiot.
IMO zimmerman was an idiot, wanna be and was wrong. I never said otherwise. IMO Trayvon was also a wanna be and sometimes that catches up with wanna be's.
Wanna be hero meets wanna be gangsta. Normally its a slap fight with 2 idiots crying at the end. This time one idiot had a gun. Darwin had his day.
Am I happy the young man was killed? Of course not. I simply don't believe that either party deserves to be elevated beyond what they are.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
I don't want to get off-topic, but did anyone hear about the guy in Texas?
He invoked the SYG law after killing his neighbor.

He was found GUILTY of murder, yesterday, I think.

Hmmm.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
So it is criminal to follow someone? I love how ATTACKING someone has morphed into Trayvon standing his ground.
I like the part "the authorities said" Well the authorities would tell me to hide in my closet while my wife is being raped. 100% sure I wouldn't listen to the authorities.
The old saying comes to mind. When seconds matter the police are only minutes away.
Zimmerman is a wanna be badazz. An armed idiot, not unlike many small town cops. He met a young man who may have fancied himself a bit of a badazz too.
Lets be clear on this, we don't know what led up to the shooting. As I read more and more about it I am leaning towards Walter Mitty syndrome. Zimmerman has it bad. Trayvon like all young men had it too.

Note to all you neighborhood watch dogs. Its find to pretend and talk all bad to each other, but life is pimp slapping waiting to happen.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:40 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
So it is criminal to follow someone? I love how ATTACKING someone has morphed into Trayvon standing his ground.
I'd say it's criminal to follow someone in a menacing fashion. Ask yourself, if Martin had gotten home (and obviously that would have been the smartest course of action for him), would it have been appropriate in this case to call the police and say that someone was following him in a suspicious manner?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:46 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Once again I attempt to justify nothing. Nothing, one more time NOTHING.
[snip].
Too late. You haven't been forceful enough in taking Trayvon's 'side,' so you've become a Zimmerman supporter, a Zimmerman Zombie, a Trayvon 'deserved to die' advocate, a Zimmerman hero-worshipper. A Zimmerman groupie, as you called them.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:46 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'd say it's criminal to follow someone in a menacing fashion. Ask yourself, if Martin had gotten home (and obviously that would have been the smartest course of action for him), would it have been appropriate in this case to call the police and say that someone was following him in a suspicious manner?
According to one of the earlier articles, Martin was just yards outside his Dad's apartment. He was on the phone telling his girlfriend that a man was following him.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think it would have been the best thing he could have done.
The following thing. Gated communities and their watches are tough, but thats why people like them.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Too late. You haven't been forceful enough in taking Trayvon's 'side,' so you've become a Zimmerman supporter, a Zimmerman Zombie, a Trayvon 'deserved to die' advocate, a Zimmerman hero-worshipper. A Zimmerman groupie, as you called them.
LOL By not taking Trayvon's side I was labled a zimmerman supporter. LOL
This is why I cant wait to retire and get out of the country I served and bled for. The country I once loved so much. Americans have turned into sheep. Free thought is impossible and frowned upon. Every topic becomes a reality TV drama.
Its your either for or your against.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
This entire incident started because someone had the mistaken idea that a young black kid in a hoodie, walking home, minding his own business, was up to no good.

This is why the police instruct neighborhood watches to do just that - watch. Not to act. Not to confront. Just be alert and report suspicious activity. This is why neighborhood watches are instructed not to carry guns while on patrol.

Whatever the outcome of this sorry incident, perhaps we are capable of learning from it to avoid repetition.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:27 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL By not taking Trayvon's side I was labled a zimmerman supporter. LOL
This is why I cant wait to retire and get out of the country I served and bled for. The country I once loved so much. Americans have turned into sheep. Free thought is impossible and frowned upon. Every topic becomes a reality TV drama.
Its your either for or your against.
That's true and sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies