Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You see things I don't write.

If you want to compare the Anthony and gz cases, start a thread somewhere. We could start with if anyone asked the prez a question about Anthony.

You believe juries understand and stick strictly to the instructions ? This jury will know bard Who didit. The toughest question in Most murder cases is already answered.

My memory is as good as someone who forgets where to find peanut butter in a supermarket, tyvm.
Oh, you must be too young to remember the trials of Manson and the girls; it was nearly declared a mistrial because Nixon bluntly said that they were guilty. Krenwinkel, Atkins and Van Houten appeared in court the next day with newspapers blaring Nixon's words as the headline. Of course, he was never the brightest crook in the GOP. A reporter asked President Obama about the case...he expressed sympathy and noted, correctly, that if he'd had a son that teen might resemble Trayvon. It's a shock that he might be asked about such a high profile case? No need to get snarky with justNancy; that attitude led people to try and defame a dead kid, and it looks no better when it's directed at a poster who's consistently civil and informative. Poor form.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times
I still see no evidence that will convince a rational jury to find Zimmerman guilty. Corey needs a smackdown. There are at least two people serving a mandatory 20 years for an action that does not deserve two thanks to her.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:44 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I still see no evidence that will convince a rational jury to find Zimmerman guilty. Corey needs a smackdown. There are at least two people serving a mandatory 20 years for an action that does not deserve two thanks to her.
Are you talking about the woman who got 20 years for firing a "warning shot"?

How much do you know about that case? The reason Corey prosecuted is because the woman fired in an area where there where children who could have been hit by the bullet. She offered the woman a plea bargain and three years but the woman refused and was determined to use SYG.

Guess what the woman got out of her car and went into the house to fire the shot so SYG could not and did not apply.

She was very stupid not to take the plea when there is mandatory sentencing for the crime. Cory didn't write the law. The people we elect did that.

I feel bad the woman got such a harsh sentence and I don't agree with mandatory sentencing in any crime, but the fact is the woman and her lawyer made a HUGE mistake when they rejected the plea.

In the Zimmerman case someone is dead, and Zimmerman is another one who won't be able to use SYG. The first an obvious reason is HE PURSUED MARTIN.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's possible Zimmerman had the gun concealed, and Martin punched him, so Zimmerman screamed for help. then Martin hit him repeatedly and Zimmerman screamed again. It's possible Zimmerman pulled and fired the guy after futile attempts to stop the beating he was taking.

In other words, he screamed for help, and only used the gun as a last resort.

Or he could have presented it after he got his butt kicked and Trayvon started screaming for help

Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
How can "evidence" show as to whether Martin knew gz had a gun. He either saw the gun or he didn't, and he is dead so he isn't saying.

However, if he did see that he had a gun, it would make sense that he could have been screaming for 18 seconds while he attempted to keep Zimmerman from shooting him.

As far as Zimmerman stopping yelling. Witnesses said that the yelling stopped the exact instant that the gun was fired. Now that Zimmerman has just shot somebody it would seem like a normal human being would still call for help............mostly because he had just shot somebody.

That was the same conclusion that I got

Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
ORrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GZ badazz watch captain is always on duty. In search of punks and law breakers.
"Stop punk citizens arrest.."
"What? I aint done nothin mo fo."
"Oh you said mo fo you must be a gang banger for sure."
"White bread I'll beat yo azz, if you don't get to steppin"
"I am the neighborhood watch captain damn it, respect my authorty"
a few pimp slaps later GZ is beggin for help of which none is coming because everyone in the neighborhood is just a little bit sick of GZ and his self proclaimed authority and status.
GZ does what any coward does and shoots Martin in self defence.
Shrinks will determine that GZ suffered PTSD from too many locker stuffings as a youth. called on the stand will be Mr. Jones school janitor.
"Yeah I remember GZ back then I called him locker boy because he spent more time there than any where else. Why I remember the day they made him the hall monitor. I tell you what things changed in the hall ways after that, it was like we had another principle.

I can imagine things too...

You are really a sick puppy and there is professional help

Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! That to me doesn't sound normal. If he shot someone in self defense I would think that he would be a nervous wreck not so matter of fact. I remember once I ran over a squirrel and I was so upset.
Or he was saddened with the realization that he just killed someone.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times
Zimmerman was in the driver's seat in this case. Lacking any real substantive evidence, the most he would get is manslaughter, probably a reduced sentence if anything.

Now, we have witnesses that recanted statements, conflicting statements from GZ himself, and the obvious conclusion that he lied to the judge. Credibility is your friend in a case like this. GA has lost his credibility. The phone calls further support the prosecution's case, which will focus on the scene evidence, and his state of mind.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It's like Zimmerman is an angel on earth, isn't it.
No, it's like Trayvon was beating the hell out of Zimmerman, and he was shot in self defense.

Look, Zimmerman was severely beaten, how and when did it happen?

If we are to believe Trayvon saw the gun before he beat Zimmerman, then what?
Did he beat Zimmerman, because he had a gun?

If he saw the gun, screamed for help, and beat Zimmerman badly, then screamed a few more times, shouldn't he have been able to get the gun away from Zimmerman? Or did Zimmerman have a death grip on it? If this is the scenario, wouldn't shooting a man who was beating the hell out of you be an act of self defense?
Or is this the scenario, Trayvon beat the hell out of Zimmerman, and some how Zimmerman got to his feet, pulled the gun, and Trayvon called for help and was shot. So then the shots should have immediately followed the scream.

How did the round enter Trayvon, was it covered in powder burns, from close range, and entered from below, as we would expect from a prone Zimmerman, with Trayvon sitting on his chest, beating him? Or was the entry wound clean, from a level position, because Zimmerman was standing away from Trayvon. Or was the entry wound in the back?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No, it's like Trayvon was beating the hell out of Zimmerman, and he was shot in self defense.

Look, Zimmerman was severely beaten, how and when did it happen?

If we are to believe Trayvon saw the gun before he beat Zimmerman, then what?
Did he beat Zimmerman, because he had a gun?

If he saw the gun, screamed for help, and beat Zimmerman badly, then screamed a few more times, shouldn't he have been able to get the gun away from Zimmerman? Or did Zimmerman have a death grip on it? If this is the scenario, wouldn't shooting a man who was beating the hell out of you be an act of self defense?
Or is this the scenario, Trayvon beat the hell out of Zimmerman, and some how Zimmerman got to his feet, pulled the gun, and Trayvon called for help and was shot. So then the shots should have immediately followed the scream.

How did the round enter Trayvon, was it covered in powder burns, from close range, and entered from below, as we would expect from a prone Zimmerman, with Trayvon sitting on his chest, beating him? Or was the entry wound clean, from a level position, because Zimmerman was standing away from Trayvon. Or was the entry wound in the back?

Haven't seen anything more on the actual wound.

Why is it you need to say "severely beaten"? Probably because some news reports insisted Trayvon's knuckles were bleeding, while actually, he had a cut below one knuckle on his ring finger.

Severe beatings don't usually entail the victim getting up casually and telling someone to call because he's just shot someone. Severe beatings rarely are followed-up with the victim seen walking into the police station like nothing's ocurred. He had some blood, some cuts, nothing special. It was Not a Severe Beating. If you need that for some extra special purpose, fine. I have no desire or need to make it out to be anything more or less than what it looks like. He needed no special medical treatment.

The screams are weird. More like whines to my ear. It sounded to me like someone pleading for their life, not someone crying for help as they take a Severe Beating, as you put it.

Given the recent information that makes GZ and his wife look like something other than credible people, it would behoove anyone to take a closer look back at all evidence presented so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies