Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 09:27 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,499,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think there will be any justice in this case unless one side or the other can prove their story with forensics.

If Zimmerman is convicted it'll be based on pressure/fear from the public. Look how people treated the Casey Anthony jury.
If he's found innocent, I doubt he'll have any normalcy in his life anytime soon.
I think he'll have a plane ready to get him out of the country if he's amazingly found ng. He'll have many years left for a normal life.

There will be enough evidence to prevent this from being one of those 'what the heck was the jury thinking' cases when he's convicted.

imo.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,793,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If the struggle took place in the grass, then how did zimmerman get his head bashed in on the concrete?

Zimmerman had his head "bashed in?" One would think that would be serious!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,793,734 times
Zimmerman was clearly looking for a confrontation with Martin.

-
Quote:
George Zimmerman failed to identify himself twice during a confrontation with Trayvon Martin and missed opportunities to defuse the situation that led to the death of the teen, a detective says in a newly released report.
Investigator: Zimmerman missed opportunities to defuse situation

Old 06-27-2012, 09:35 AM

812 posts, read 594,834 times
Quote:
Yes, but at what cost? Are you saying that you would feel better if you had a bunch of armed zealots, racists or even complete idiots running arounfd in your neighborhood under the guise of protecting you from the "thugs"? There is a difference between wanting to be safe and paranoia
I'm a law abiding citizen. George would be welcome in my neighborhood from what I have seen.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,193,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I'm a law abiding citizen. George would be welcome in my neighborhood from what I have seen.
Careful what you wish for. A kid walking home at 7pm at night is an everyday occurrence in any neighborhood across America. Heck, football, wrestling, basketball practices often end later than that for many teens, along w/ part time jobs or just hanging out w/ their friends. The next child may be a relative, or neighbor of yours. There are so many risks to so many people if the actions of GZ becomes the acceptable norm. He deserves a trial, everyone does. But his actions than spoke louder than his words do now.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,403,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I've never, not once, mentioned my legal experience. I believe you're the one who barely let's a day go by without puffing up your superior knowledge of such matters.

I know better than to ask you for links. You're too lazy to find an audio of the girlfriend's phonecall or the released discovered for yourself.

For the minimal substance of your post. There wouldn't have been an arrest without the Martin/Fulton/Crump pressure. I've given them several times for managing to bring the case national attention.

Please don't let O'Mara know a member of his team is on a message board saying things like gz was wrong to leave his car; his stories contain damaging inconsistencies; some of the lab results will hurt him badly; his credibility is slightly above zero; he will be convicted. Bad for office morale.

imo.
I'm "too lazy" ......that's quite an nasty assumption. Why do you have such a personal grudge against me? You seem to consistently resent and respond in that manner to anything I post. What's your problem?

So, are you ashamed of your legal background? It's clear you have one. Also, wth does O'Mara's defense team have to do with you? Certainly nothing I would guess. If you have something you want to share with them, call them up and share it yourself.

Barely let a day go by? Actually, there are days I don't even have time to come to this site. I do work for a living. Sorry my existence on this forum is a constant source of irritation to you. As annoying as your jabs and sarcasm may be, I don't personally attack you. Maybe you could learn to be less emotionally involved and less hyper-defensive about everything I post.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-27-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM

179 posts, read 156,608 times
Funny that he passed two lie detector tests.

And the detective who seemed against him only wanted manslaughter? And that detective seemed to be waaaaay overreaching.

This case is a loser.

One thing I'm interested in - are Zim's lawyers investigating Trayvon's brother's twitter comment about Trayvon recently assaulting a bus driver? Unlike a lot of the character assassination againt zim, that is actually relevant to the case. Also, have they researched his involvement in illegal fights at school? We know from his YouTube he was reffing at least one fight - did he ever engage in them?

Also, what about his abuse of lean? We know from coroner's report (remember the one showing no fight injuries other than the bruises to his knuckles where he beat George) that he had liver damage consistent with abuse of lean aka purple drank. We see on the 711 video (the same 711 from which it took him 40 minutes to walk 1/2 a mile) that Trayvon's tried to buy something behind the counter the clerk refused to give him, and Trayvon appears to have hung around outside and let other guys buy the goods for him - this is also backed up by the timing of the call to his girlfriend, as he called her immediately after he is seen leaving the 711 after hanging outside. Did Trayvon smoke a blunt that night? Have Zim's lawyers contacted the three unsavory people Trayvon appears to have associated with in the 711?

Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 AM

17,760 posts, read 13,651,934 times
Quote:
If the struggle took place in the grass, then how did zimmerman get his head bashed in on the concrete?
According to Zimmerman's OWN account he somehow took an unexpected blow to the nose and fell down onto his back. Somehow before he fell on his back he managed to stumble forward for 20-30 feet (even further if Martin's body is where police say it was (back yard of 1231 Twin Trees Lane).

And his injuries just flat out aren't consistant with taking those kind of blows with the back of your head against the ground. His eyes should have been swollen big time if he took some real shots like that. His nose would have been swollen big time. The back of his head should have required sutures. And he should have been evaluated for a head injury (the cops and EMS fault).

What I'd like to know is how far the flashlights (Zimmerman's) were found compared to Martin's cell phone and Ice Tea.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,403,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
Funny that he passed two lie detector tests.

And the detective who seemed against him only wanted manslaughter? And that detective seemed to be waaaaay overreaching.

This case is a loser.

One thing I'm interested in - are Zim's lawyers investigating Trayvon's brother's twitter comment about Trayvon recently assaulting a bus driver? Unlike a lot of the character assassination againt zim, that is actually relevant to the case. Also, have they researched his involvement in illegal fights at school? We know from his YouTube he was reffing at least one fight - did he ever engage in them?

Also, what about his abuse of lean? We know from coroner's report (remember the one showing no fight injuries other than the bruises to his knuckles where he beat George) that he had liver damage consistent with abuse of lean aka purple drank. We see on the 711 video (the same 711 from which it took him 40 minutes to walk 1/2 a mile) that Trayvon's tried to buy something behind the counter the clerk refused to give him, and Trayvon appears to have hung around outside and let other guys buy the goods for him - this is also backed up by the timing of the call to his girlfriend, as he called her immediately after he is seen leaving the 711 after hanging outside. Did Trayvon smoke a blunt that night? Have Zim's lawyers contacted the three unsavory people Trayvon appears to have associated with in the 711?
George Zimmerman is the person who will be on trial. All of the above is just internet gossip for the most part. How would the defense use any of the above stuff anyway? Say Martin was high and out of his mind so he attacked Zimmerman unprovoked? How can you prove someone was making or drinking "purple drank"? I don't think it's a good strategy to attack a dead 17 year old victim in a trial; juries usually don't go for that sort of thing, especially for someone with a background like Trayvon Martin. He had no police record.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,246,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think there will be any justice in this case unless one side or the other can prove their story with forensics.

If Zimmerman is convicted it'll be based on pressure/fear from the public. Look how people treated the Casey Anthony jury.
If he's found innocent, I doubt he'll have any normalcy in his life anytime soon.
So, either way, Zimmerman becomes the victim?

Sorry, but I just can't seem to muster up a whole lot of sympathy for him.

My sympathy, for some strange reason, lies with a poor dead kid who did nothing wrong except to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, unfortunately when there was a wanna-be vigilante on the loose. And my sympathy also lies with the parents who have lost their child.

They are the victims - not Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.