Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well the prosecution brought his record up at the bond hearing, so he has one. The charges were reduced and then dismissed, but not expunged. His father said "George always turns the other cheek" but apparently he didn't when his fiancee filed domestic abuse charges or the law enforcement officer arrested him for felony assault.

Don't forget that his mother was Deputy Clerk of Courts for 20 years. I realize that his parents worked in Virginia, but when people say they had no influence on his previous violent encounters, that's like saying your uncle works for the IRS and you've never been audited. It's possible his father didn't get him out of trouble, but he sure knew exactly what to do since his job description is (from the VA web site)

"Magistrate duties include issuing various types of processes such as arrest warrants, summonses, bonds, search warrants, subpoenas, and certain civil warrants. Magistrates also conduct bail hearings in instances in which an individual is arrested on a warrant charging him or her with a criminal offense."
I thought his mother was a court interpreter. Anyway,

if any of you Robert Zimmerman influenced legal proceedings conspiracists could show that gz was treated unusually leniently for the same charges I'd say you might be on to something. Or a phonecall, or lunch meeting, or golfing partners, Something other than, OMG, his father is a retired magistrate from Virginia, OMG.

You know why Judge Lester called the prior charges against gz "run of the mill" and "somewhat mild" ? Because they are.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:28 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Maybe I have missed any posts(maybe lots of them?) concerning this but hasn't anybody considered that Zimmerman may have had his gun out when approaching Trayvon Martin and that may have caused the kid to attack him?
Was it already out while "his head was being bashed'" or did he have to have the presence of mind and physical ability to get it from wherever it was?

Old 04-22-2012, 05:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Maybe I have missed any posts(maybe lots of them?) concerning this but hasn't anybody considered that Zimmerman may have had his gun out when approaching Trayvon Martin and that may have caused the kid to attack him?
Has anybody considered if a space alien was possibly involved?

Old 04-22-2012, 05:55 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
The *entire* case hinges on who started the physical confrontation. If the state cannot prove Zimmerman started it, it's game over for the state, since there's no question Zimmerman would have been justified in shooting Trayvon otherwise (yes - it is indisputable that a stranger on top of you hitting your head into concrete is justification for self-defense. Don't believe me? Look at justified police shootings - they would absolutely use deadly force in such a case, without question, and would not be in trouble for doing so. Not only can head injuries kill you or cause serious bodily damage, but someone willing to attack you like that may be armed for all you know - the burden is not on the victim to assume the assailant has less than evil intentions). Physical evidence shows Trayvon was shot at close range from the front, so there's no issue of shooting him as he runs away or anything.

Investigator Dale Gilbreath testified that he does not know whether Martin or Zimmerman threw the first punch and that there is no evidence to disprove Zimmerman's contention he was walking back to his vehicle when confronted by Martin. The affidavit says "Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued." So, the state lied in the charging document, which is grounds for the prosecutor to be brought up on ethics charges.

But Gilbreath also said Zimmerman's claim that Martin was slamming his head against the sidewalk just before he shot the teenager was "not consistent with the evidence we found." He gave no details.

This alone proves the state did not have probable cause under FL law to issue the indictment. The last part about not having evidence he had his head slammed is clearly bull****, since we now have not only eyewitness accounts and the police report, but photographic evidence showing big cuts and a pretty bad contusion. We also have photographic evidence and medical records supporting the punch to the nose.

An ethical judge would dismiss the case outright for lack of probable cause, which is necessary in cases of self defense.
I'm not even sure it matters who started it. You have the right to defend yourself, even if you start the fight. So are folks telling me you start a fight someone bashes your head in and because you started the fight you can do nothing to stop your head from being bashed in?

You're just supposed to accept your eventual death because you started the fight?

Old 04-22-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Has anybody considered if a space alien was possibly involved?
I listen to people like old cold's silly non factual comments on black talk radio everyday. It's as if a whole group of people are untethered from reality.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Was it already out while "his head was being bashed'" or did he have to have the presence of mind and physical ability to get it from wherever it was?
It's called Concealed Carry Weapon for a reason, although Zimmerman claims Trayvon was after his gun so he might have seen it during the struggle. As for the gun "being out" there is nothing to suggest that it was out. Why would Trayvon approach a gun wielding man and engage him in a fight?

When I was twelve I was cutting through a path in our city and some Hispanic man came out of no where and pulled out a gun. He was like it's not safe for kids to be walking here let me walk you out. I bolted.

I would like to think that is the normal reaction unarmed people have when confronted with some wielding a gun at them.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I listen to people like old cold's silly non factual comments on black talk radio everyday. It's as if a whole group of people are untethered from reality.
I gather it wouldn't affect your opinion in any way if TM did start the physical confrontation but it was because he was arfaid for his life?
It appears that it's acceptable to excuse Zimmerman on that basis.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I thought his mother was a court interpreter. Anyway,

if any of you Robert Zimmerman influenced legal proceedings conspiracists could show that gz was treated unusually leniently for the same charges I'd say you might be on to something. Or a phonecall, or lunch meeting, or golfing partners, Something other than, OMG, his father is a retired magistrate from Virginia, OMG.

You know why Judge Lester called the prior charges against gz "run of the mill" and "somewhat mild" ? Because they are.
This all powerful magistrate from Virginia can't even muster the 150K bail to get his son out of jail. Yet people across the country supposedly bend to his will.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
I gather it wouldn't affect your opinion in any way if TM did start the physical confrontation but it was because he was arfaid for his life?
It appears that it's acceptable to excuse Zimmerman on that basis.
When dealing with cases like this it is important to confine opinions to the facts as they have been released either in the media or in court, preferably in court.

There is nothing to indicate that Zimmerman's gun was "out" before the fight. You don't get to bring in opinions that are not based on any facts and think you won't be called out for it.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
When dealing with cases like this it is important to confine opinions to the facts as they have been released either in the media or in court, preferably in court.

There is nothing to indicate that Zimmerman's gun was "out" before the fight. You don't get to bring in opinions that are not based on any facts and think you won't be called out for it.
LOL!
This is not court and while I have not been reading about this on C_D in any dedictated manner ,I'd say that a great deal of what I have read is nothing but opinion and speculation(which is all I was asking for)
Carry on......I'll try real hard to discern which posts are opinion and which are fact.

Edited to amend....I was not asking opinion.I was asking if it had been ascertained and brought up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies