Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, you know, she's nothing but the girlfriend of a "thug," so of course that makes her a liar.
A wannabe thug IMHO. The girlfriend has a reason to lie or embellish the truth. She was also brought to the attention of authorities by the family attorney. We'll see how well she holds up during cross if the case goes to trial.

Quote:
See, this is the way it works: Trayvon was a thug, he had been suspended from school three times, he had a hoodie on, and he was walking along, talking on the phone. Most definitely up to no good, even though there is no proof of that. So, anybody who is/was connected to him is automatically a liar.
Quite the opposite it appears that you and others have discounted or overlooked Zimmerman's first statement during the 911 call. Coupled with the knowledge of the circumstances surrounding one of his three suspensions it's not unreasonable to deduce that Trayvon's stroll around the hood was as innocent as you and others adamently believe

Quote:
We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]
Quote:
Zimmerman was a gun-totin' vigilante who gave Trayvon what he deserved, according to those defenders of gun rights and barbaric laws such as SYG, and he automatically becomes the poster boy for truth and justice and everything anybody who is connected to him says is automatically the TRUTH.
Barbaric? Barbaric is bashing someone's head into the sidewalk. There are ways to deal with situations and resorting to violence should be the last option.

Quote:
Even though Zimmerman HIMSELF has already been caught in a major lie - and the trial hasn't even started yet.
What lie is this that you are referring to? The one where he said in the 911 call he thought Trayvon was in his late teens and on the stand he said the thought he was slightly younger than him? If so that's not a lie his reference to age on the stand is subjective.

Quote:
But let's believe the gun-totin' gun guy and just automatically assume that a dead kid, who can't even speak for himself because the gun-totin' vigilante KILLED him, was the attacker and had to DIE.
If you can refer to Zimmerman as a vigilante others can refer to Martin as a thug. See how that works?

Quote:
Even though the gun-totin' vigilante has already proven himself to be a self-serving LIAR.
How?
Quote:
I totally expect for Trayvon's girlfriend to be completely ravaged by the right-wing media, and since RUSH has plenty of experience attacking young women - I'm sure he will be leading the charge.
Now you're just ranting. She will be picked apart because her testimony is a corner of a high profile case's prosecution. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
What Trayvon supporters either ignore or fail to understand is that, if we don't know something, the law has to give Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt. If you don't know who started the fight, there was no probable cause, which is required under FL law to issue an indictment. And there certainly is not "beyond a reasonable doubt" for even a manslaughter conviction. Under Florida law, you cannot have a trial just because you do not have 100% proof that the defendant's story is true. In self defense cases, there MUST be probable cause that what he is saying is NOT true. You do not get probable cause simply from "well I don't know with 100% certainly he's telling the truth." There has to be affirmative evidence he was the aggressor. And the state has admitted they have no evidence in this regard. Zim's lawyer made the prosecutor look like an idiot when he admitted that had *no* evidence contradicting Zimmerman's story that Trayvon assaulted him! The state was also apparently clueless regarding the documentation about Zimmerman's injuries.

It's sad how much the evidence has changed, but Team Trayvon still clings to the old narrative. At first it was shooting an unarmed kid in cold blood. Then it became clear there was a fight in which Zimmerman was likely on the bottom, but hey, he didn't look too bloodied up! Then we get enhanced footage, police report, and the pic on scene showing clear injuries totally consistent with what Zim has said all along. So now the story is "but he was following him!!!!" As if following somebody is a crime or justifies a psychotic beat-down. Another inane line of defense has become "well he wasn't TOO bloodied up." This completely ignores the standard for self defense, which is a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm. Having contusions on your head and bloody gashes, as well as a smashed nose, is prima facie grounds for a reasonable fear of serious bodily harm. It doesn't take much to get a concussion, shattered eye socket, etc.

I'll be very disappointed if the prosecutor is not brought up on ethics charges for lying about the confrontation in the affidavit. They also were extremely misleading in the affidavit when they said Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon - they have no evidence of that.

Zimmerman also has an easy libel claim against MSNBC for splicing that 911 call to make him look like a racist. I would be shocked if their in-house legal department is not already recommending they set aside funds for a settlement.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the prosecutor is facing some serious ethics and even criminal and civil proceedings over her handling of this case.

She better hope this case moves past the immunity hearing or the tables will turn on her very quickly.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A wannabe thug IMHO. The girlfriend has a reason to lie or embellish the truth. She was also brought to the attention of authorities by the family attorney. We'll see how well she holds up during cross if the case goes to trial.
Lots of people have reason to lie. Zimmerman has already lied in court.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:07 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Until I saw George in his court appearance, I didn't realize how small he is. He must be maybe 5'5, 140 pounds, max? and you're telling me he attacked a 6' 180 pounder? Probably not...!!

Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Katiana, You didn't answer my question, you continually post about GZ's "Violent Past"...

Do you really believe Judge Lester would have granted bond if GZ's past included the physical "Acts of Violence" you've been posting about...?

My guess is that you are avoiding the question because it doesn't fit your theory...
I agree with Katiana in part. He definitely has committed acts of aggression and/or violence in the past. How many people do you know who have multiple complaints of domestic abuse and felony assault on a law enforcement officer?

OTOH, he doesn't appear to be a flight risk and was given a lot of very strict conditions. If he violates any of them, he'll be back in jail, so I don't think his bail was unreasonable. This is pretty standard in Florida. The judge knows that his parents are using their vacation home for collateral, so $15,000 cash (10% of the bond) isn't unusual to grant. After all, he's not a serial killer or a child molester. The judge certainly doesn't want to violate Zimmerman's rights, just because this is a high profile case.

Once someone called me a hypocrite or inconsistent by posting different points of view on CD. Just because I think Zimmerman should be convicted of manslaughter, doesn't mean I can't be fair. The law allows him to get bail. He's not in jail, but he's being monitored all the time.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I do not believe it is true that there are any witnesses who say they saw Trayvon slam Zimmerman's head to the ground. If you have such a witness report, please post it.

You can cut the attacks on the intelligence of other posters, too. Maybe you'd be taken a little more seriously.
Maybe there is no witness to the actual bashing but we have a witness stating Trayvon attacked Zimmerman.

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 - broken link)

Quote:
But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting
Sidebar- After reading this again I'm even more outraged the prosecutor filed charges against Zimmerman. I'm convinced these charges are political.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Lots of people have reason to lie. Zimmerman has already lied in court.
So who you? Prove it. I'd love to see a perjury trial based on subjective references.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times
Quote:
Now just wait a minute! If the judge thought was GZ did was minor, he'd have to say the same thing about Trayvon (although he wasn't ruling on anything about TM, it was a bond hearing for GZ). Trayvon had NO arrest record. Frankly, I'm not too surprised a male judge would think domestic violence was "minor".
Now you're accusing a judge of minimizing domestic violence!?!

Please!....this post is just downright silly!!! Why don't you just admit when you're wrong!!??

Last edited by tiluha; 04-22-2012 at 01:23 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 01:23 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with Katiana in part. He definitely has committed acts of aggression and/or violence in the past. How many people do you know who have multiple complaints of domestic abuse and felony assault on a law enforcement officer?

OTOH, he doesn't appear to be a flight risk and was given a lot of very strict conditions. If he violates any of them, he'll be back in jail, so I don't think his bail was unreasonable. This is pretty standard in Florida. The judge knows that his parents are using their vacation home for collateral, so $15,000 cash (10% of the bond) isn't unusual to grant. After all, he's not a serial killer or a child molester. The judge certainly doesn't want to violate Zimmerman's rights, just because this is a high profile case.

Once someone called me a hypocrite or inconsistent by posting different points of view on CD. Just because I think Zimmerman should be convicted of manslaughter, doesn't mean I can't be fair. The law allows him to get bail. He's not in jail, but he's being monitored all the time.
GZ had ONE complaint of domestic abuse in 2005 (7 years ago) which the judge decided was minor enough (compared to other DV cases he's handled) to allow bond...

Old 04-22-2012, 01:23 PM

32 posts, read 24,031 times
Quote:

1. You are not 17 years old.

2. It's not clear he called his gf to discuss being followed. That was a part of the converstaion.
My 9 yrs. old grandson knows if someone was following him and has a cell phone, call 911 - TM is 17 and doesn't know that?

Yea, he was on the phone w/ gf. So say, I have to go and call 911 someone is following me, pretty simple, no need to be an einstein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies