Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM

613 posts, read 759,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
They may not represent the average American family - but families need jobs.

Romney will fix this economy - Obama will continue to harm it.

Please, Mitt wants to move the capital of the USA to Salt Lake City and allow the government of the Mormon Church to take control of the USA. I will not be a slave to the new Mormon government that Mitt wishes to install!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM

52 posts, read 75,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What are you saying? The children she adopted don't count? You must be a member of "The Catholic League"
no. i said i just googled her and didn't find anything aluding to her strugling to raise kids, or struggling at anytime. her statement was made like maybe she had or that she was speaking for women who struggled as if she knew of that from real experienc.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 PM

662 posts, read 1,450,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountinwilyum View Post
no. i said i just googled her and didn't find anything aluding to her strugling to raise kids, or struggling at anytime. her statement was made like maybe she had or that she was speaking for women who struggled as if she knew of that from real experienc.
I don't agree with her that stay-at-home moms aren't working. But Ann Romney certainly had plenty of help in addition to not having to work outside the home. I'm sure she had numerous live-in maids, nannies, etc.

Heck, we don't make nearly as much money as the Romneys and my weekly cleaning lady is one of my favorite indulgences. I don't try to pretend that my sister, who can't afford to have a cleaning lady has it easier than I do.

The people who work really hard are the women and men who have to work several jobs just to make ends meet and who also have to raise kids, clean, cook, etc. This is why many of these folks aren't involved in their kids' education. They don't have time.

I could be PTA president, Cub Scout Leader, etc.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountinwilyum View Post
She has children. She also wasn't trying to make out like *she* was struggling. Her comments were directed at Ann Romney being her husband's mouth/earpiece during the campaign when it comes to woman's economic issues/struggles. Ann has never had to struggle or worry because she hasn't been forced to "work outside the home."

Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Please, Mitt wants to move the capital of the USA to Salt Lake City and allow the government of the Mormon Church to take control of the USA. I will not be a slave to the new Mormon government that Mitt wishes to install!
Do you have any evidence at all to support this statement? I'd sure be interested in seeing it if you do. He didn't try to move the capitol of Massachusetts to Salt Lake City or allow the LDS Church to take control of that state. Or maybe you're just another one of those religious bigots.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:03 PM

24 posts, read 42,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Do you have any evidence at all to support this statement? I'd sure be interested in seeing it if you do. He didn't try to move the capitol of Massachusetts to Salt Lake City or allow the LDS Church to take control of that state. Or maybe you're just another one of those religious bigots.
It is a fact that high ranking mormons (mitt was a bishop) make a promise to obey the "church" and carry out it's wishes. When the "church" needs extra funding to do things like fund prop 8, its members have to step up because of this promise. While "taking over" is a bit extreme, it is a valid concern that (as it is in salt lake) there will be this overtone of right wing moral rectitude.
Mitt was also a member of the LDS church when they had that whole "dark skin is the curse of cain" teaching going on...you don't have to be a religious bigot to be worried about that!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:08 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1969 View Post
It is a fact that high ranking mormons (mitt was a bishop) make a promise to obey the "church" and carry out it's wishes. When the "church" needs extra funding to do things like fund prop 8, its members have to step up because of this promise. While "taking over" is a bit extreme, it is a valid concern that (as it is in salt lake) there will be this overtone of right wing moral rectitude.
Mitt was also a member of the LDS church when they had that whole "dark skin is the curse of cain" teaching going on...you don't have to be a religious bigot to be worried about that!
Obama claims to be a Christian - Why don't you worry about that?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:10 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
I guess you can't tell the difference between the use of symbolism and metaphors from encouraging people to commit acts of violence.
Just as the lefties got their panty's in a wad when Palin had "targets" on dems she was looking to get voted out.

Some actually believe, and have said so, that she meant to shoot them.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
So, in other words, if someone else is immoral, it's okay to follow his actions? Do you hear any Democrats defending John Edwards for cheating on his wife and denying he had a child? I don't. I don't know any liberals who think Anthony Weiner was right when he sent pics of his body to women. But when someone who represents the Republican Party does anything illegal, immoral or unethical, the conservatives seem to make excuses for him. They even gave Ted Stevens his own holiday. So, even when you're caught stealing, it's okay and something to celebrate, as long as you're not a Democrat.
I guess you aren't old enough to remember the dems giving Gerry Studds a standing ovation.

"He was the first openly gay member of Congress in the U.S. In 1983 he was censured by the House of Representatives after he admitted to having had an affair with a 17-year-old page in 1983."

"Studds received two standing ovations from supporters in his home district at his first town meeting following his congressional censure."
Gerry Studds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then of course we can always go back and find out how the dems defended Clinton.

And Ole Barney Frank with his prostitution ring being run by his boyfriend in HIS house.

And I am sure we can find MANY others example where the dems DID defend their fellow dems until they got caught.

P.S. I do believe many dems defended Weiner UNTIL he came out and admitted his actions.

If you are not aware of any of these maybe you should broaden your sources for news.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
I don't agree with her that stay-at-home moms aren't working. But Ann Romney certainly had plenty of help in addition to not having to work outside the home. I'm sure she had numerous live-in maids, nannies, etc.

Heck, we don't make nearly as much money as the Romneys and my weekly cleaning lady is one of my favorite indulgences. I don't try to pretend that my sister, who can't afford to have a cleaning lady has it easier than I do.

The people who work really hard are the women and men who have to work several jobs just to make ends meet and who also have to raise kids, clean, cook, etc. This is why many of these folks aren't involved in their kids' education. They don't have time.

I could be PTA president, Cub Scout Leader, etc.
"I'm sure she had numerous live-in maids, nannies, etc.
"The Romneys' first son, Tagg, was born in 1970[39] while the Romneys were undergraduates at Brigham Young[46] and living in a basement apartment.

Let's see, he was married in 1969. They had their first child in 1970 and their fifth in 1981. Their first big success came with a 1986 investment to help start Staples Inc.,

Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, they probably had 3 or 4 nannies and a full cleaning crew to care for their first child while living that basement apartment.

It also shows his 4th was 16 when they finally had their first big success.

It is obvious you are making a wild a.s claim without doing ANY research.

Do you still feel so sure?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 04-19-2012 at 05:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies