Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

She said she damn near pulled their arms out of socket. Now she writing up a statement for them to go to counseling or something....

wTf. overreaction on the part of that teacher. Really now? just because they held hands and a different inflection on a word?

I had 'partners' in 2nd grad.e They were all girls and friends. doesn't mean I am a lesbian,

This is why teachers need to stop with the zero tolerance crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,463,113 times
Quote:
My girlfriend teaches 2nd grade and they went on a field trip. One little boy said he wanted to sit next to his "partner." At first she thought oh little boys chillin. Then she thought about it. She said he didn't "patnas." Like men say that's my patna....he emphasized "Partner." So she went to where they were sitting and these 2nd Grade boys were holding hands.

She said she damn near pulled their arms out of socket. Now she writing up a statement for them to go to counseling or something....
She over reacted.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,190,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Good lord. Isn't it possible that the child was talking about his seat partner or something like that? Presumably the teachers talked about the importance of staying together during the field trip, right?

It's really sick that an adult, a teacher no less, is reading into this kind of thing and pathologizing innocent children. The teacher is the one that needs a shrink.
I think the 2nd grade teacher is the one with MAJOR emotional issues and not the kids. I wouldn't want her teaching my children, and I'd be having a long conversation with the school administration over her completely inappropriate response.

I have 5 boys (now all teens), and we live in a rural community where kids don't grow up quite as quickly--they actually get to have a childhood here. My boys held hands with friends when they were really young--it's not a big deal. They held hands with their brothers too--they were all sweet little boys. Their friends did that same thing. That's how it should be.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,190,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
To be accurate it is a lust spirit.
Forgot to take your anti psychotic meds today?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,193,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Plenty of grade school kids have "boyfriends" or "girlfriends." Hell, my 4 year old niece has a "boyfriend" at her daycare. Who cares if the ".....friend" is of the same sex?
God, you better "get" to them kids quick and tell them that caring about the same sex is "dirty" and repulsive. How are they going to be "normal".

Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,539,074 times
I think that girl and anyone who feels that was justified needs counseling instead. Does the phrase 'different strokes for different folks' mean nothing anymore?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:42 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,804,080 times
Quote:
My girlfriend teaches 2nd grade and they went on a field trip. One little boy said he wanted to sit next to his "partner." At first she thought oh little boys chillin. Then she thought about it. She said he didn't "patnas." Like men say that's my patna....he emphasized "Partner." So she went to where they were sitting and these 2nd Grade boys were holding hands.

Sounds like your GF is a predator...and needs some help , shes sexualizing her 2nd grade students?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,193,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think the 2nd grade teacher is the one with MAJOR emotional issues and not the kids. I wouldn't want her teaching my children, and I'd be having a long conversation with the school administration over her completely inappropriate response.

I have 5 boys (now all teens), and we live in a rural community where kids don't grow up quite as quickly--they actually get to have a childhood here. My boys held hands with friends when they were really young--it's not a big deal. They held hands with their brothers too--they were all sweet little boys. Their friends did that same thing. That's how it should be.
I'm not sure how normal nearly ripping a kid's ARM out of its socket is. Imho, the "teacher" should be fired and possibly charged with a crime.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 PM

359 posts, read 328,487 times
hahahahaha NO DON'T HOLD HIS HAND, THAT'S GAY hahahaha

Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM

146 posts, read 349,683 times
Pronouncing the word "partner" with a rhotic accent? For shame.

The only just penalty for this flagrant display of deviance and sexual misconduct is the swift execution of the parents. They must [receive counseling*] for their crimes. I only hope the children can be rehabilitated.

Rhotic accents are the bane of our language, and a sign of amorality and disrespect towards tradition and God. New England and Charleston, South Carolina remain the sole bastions of real morality in our country today, which has been swallowed up by this sea of sin more and more each day since 1776.

Both r's in "partner" are silent. Get it right, or cry mightily unto God, so that your accursed tongue may be healed by divine grace, before it is too late. If your children are developing rhotic accents (test them if you must; "park the car in Harvard yard" is the standard litmus test), you OWE it to them to take them back to England, or Boston at the very least. Otherwise, don't be surprised to see them waving a large cucumber atop a float on their 18th birthdays. Don't say I didn't warn you.

*"sanitized" to comply with 2012's amoral lack of justice and accountability
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies