Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesj View Post
What this awful tragedy tells me (regardless of Zimmerman getting off or not) is that non-white (particularly black) life has no value at all in America.

As a black person, I believe integration is a decades long failed experiment. Blacks and non-blacks simply can't coexist together. No matter how hard we try, too much damage has been done. Let's really make it separate, but equal this time without the violence and provocation. I'll stay on my side of the fence, and you stay on the other. before integration, people of African descent really were prospering economically instead of being dependent on whites for everything (examples: Black Wall Street, The Ville, etc.).
You'd be better off moving to a country that's mostly Black IMHO.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
What this awful tragedy tells me (regardless of Zimmerman getting off or not) is that non-white (particularly black) life has no value at all in America.

As a black person, I believe integration is a decades long failed experiment. Blacks and non-blacks simply can't coexist together. No matter how hard we try, too much damage has been done. Let's really make it separate, but equal this time without the violence and provocation. I'll stay on my side of the fence, and you stay on the other. before integration, people of African descent really were prospering economically instead of being dependent on whites for everything (examples: Black Wall Street, The Ville, etc.).
Actually, I think that "we" convinced ourselves (pre-Civil Rights movement) that what White America had was better than what we had by all measures. We closed down our businesses to go work for theirs and we stopped shopping/patronizing our businesses and patronized theirs....and I believe that these were the biggest mistakes and side effects of the Civil Rights movement.

I don't think that it is necessary for us to separate but "we" need to go back to the basics. We need to go back to respecting "our" contributions and stop being beholden to the "everything White is better" mentality.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:

A truly wonderful post................I FULLY agree with everything you said!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Not true at all. Take a good look at some nations other than the U.S. Of course, not all is perfect, but not everywhere has the kind of history and issues that this country does, despite being great in many ways.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Not true at all. Take a good look at some nations other than the U.S. Of course, not all is perfect, but not everywhere has the kind of history and issues that this country does, despite being great in many ways.
That is true. The history for Blacks in the USA is different from the history of Blacks in Haiti. Haiti's history is different from Jamaica's history, from the history of Barbados. Similar issues, but different events.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:

Give me a break. So many whites lack motivation and aren't successful enough to give anyone anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Well, blacks from the Caribbean or Africa come here and often do way better than American whites. Those black people thrive here and have few problems, so what is your excuse? Why can't you do the same thing?
Thank you. In one generation, plenty of us have surpassed White Americans who have been here for generations. Why haven't they taken advantage of the opportunities here? And please, don't give me any lines about poverty.

They weren't enslaved like African-Americans (except the Irish for a much shorter period). Neither were they wiped out like the Native Americans. They had their own ethnic conflicts but come on. No Jim Crow. Nothing. So tell me why so many of them are not more successful? But yet so many of the want to call others, especially African-Americans and even others of African descent lazy. Please.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Meh...I'm doing alright.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:14 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
To the OP, if you want to form a segregated community with like-minded folks, I say go ahead. It's your loss. As for myself, I've never had a problem with racial integration in general.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:21 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:

If you are actually black..your beliefs are in the uber minority of African Americans ...or regular Americans for that matter.

Intergration has happend; Whether you agree with it or not...Whether you believe it has been a failure. Millions of African Americans living productive and successful lives disporove your contention.

Please dont imprint your failed success to others.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:44 AM

515 posts, read 623,832 times
Black people in America have more opportunity for education and prosperity and independence than anywhere else on earth including all of the countries in Africa where famine, violence, lack of education, ill treatment of women, lack of medical treatment and black on black crime were present 200 years ago and persist today.

The fact of the matter is, if Black Americans do not pull themselves up from the bootstraps and prosper in this country they will not prosper anywhere else.

Blacks as well as any other group are benefited by mainstreaming themselves into society rather isolating themselves. Those that have already succeeded are examples of this and it will continue.

Even though racism may still present obstacles it does not prevent success anymore. Blacks have proven in this country that they can be positively woven into every prosperous faction of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies