Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:34 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Fort Knox, KY - The artist lineup for the Fort Knox annual summer concert scheduled for June 23 no longer includes right-wing rocker Ted Nugent.

Co-headliners REO Speedwagon and Styx remain scheduled to perform. However, after learning of Nugent's recent public comments about the president of the United States, Fort Knox leadership decided to cancel his performance on the installation, according to a report by the Courier Journal in Louisville, Ky.

Ted Nugent booted from Fort Knox concert line up | The Tennessean | tennessean.com
Man, that 150 bucks he was going to make is going to hurt his budget I'm sure.

What a crazy, nutty has-been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'm defending my right to laugh at silly leftists who are slamming a guy .....
i've yet to slam the guy. i've made absolutely no judgement on what he did.

i'm just amazed and curious how people can argue that he didn't "dodge" the draft when we have a 1977 interview with nugent himself going into incredible detail on how he was able to get out of the draft.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:54 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

i'm just amazed and curious how people can argue that he didn't "dodge" the draft when we have a 1977 interview with nugent himself going into incredible detail on how he was able to get out of the draft.
These big gun toting idiots are mostly cowards who wouldn't have the guts to actually shoot someone.

My old man was a Marine in WWII and was in combat almost continuously for 2+ years in the Pacific. He knew what guns could do to human beings, he saw it-he did it.

He didn't own a gun his entire life, and he wouldn't allow any of his 6 sons to own a gun until they turned 18 and moved out (none of us did).

He respected life like no one you ever met. He was a farmer his entire life, if a piece of equipment had a bird's nest in it, he would do everything in his power to not disturb it.

He brought home a Japanese sword and a Japanese infantry rifle (bolt removed). He also had a cigar box full of medals. None of that meant anything to him, he left it all in a box out in our barn.

He detested these war hawks and these gun nuts. He was so turned off by it that he politely declined an all expenses paid trip to Washington DC for the opening of the WWII Memorial. He also declined an invitation by the Governor of Minnesota for the opening of the MN WWII Memorial.

I can easily believe that Nugent was a draft dodging cowardly idiot. He fits all the criteria. Just like GW Bush.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These big gun toting idiots are mostly cowards who wouldn't have the guts to actually shoot someone.

My old man was a Marine in WWII and was in combat almost continuously for 2+ years in the Pacific. He knew what guns could do to human beings, he saw it-he did it.

He didn't own a gun his entire life, and he wouldn't allow any of his 6 sons to own a gun until they turned 18 and moved out (none of us did).

He respected life like no one you ever met. He was a farmer his entire life, if a piece of equipment had a bird's nest in it, he would do everything in his power to not disturb it.

He brought home a Japanese sword and a Japanese infantry rifle (bolt removed). He also had a cigar box full of medals. None of that meant anything to him, he left it all in a box out in our barn.

He detested these war hawks and these gun nuts. He was so turned off by it that he politely declined an all expenses paid trip to Washington DC for the opening of the WWII Memorial. He also declined an invitation by the Governor of Minnesota for the opening of the MN WWII Memorial.

I can easily believe that Nugent was a draft dodging cowardly idiot. He fits all the criteria. Just like GW Bush.
Why would you presume a right to accuse everyone that supports gun rights of being a cowardly idiot?

Thank your "old man" for his service. His sacrifices lend no credibility to your BS.

I'm indifferent to your interpretation of his opinion regarding "gun nuts". If he actually did what you claim he did he fought to support the rights of all citizens whether or not you assign any validity to their beliefs

Out of curiosity, what have you personally done to protect the rights of others? The sacrifices of your "old man" don't give you a free pass to crap on the rights of others.

Nugent would have to do some serious social climbing to work his way up to the level of hypocritical putz. Having said that, his lies and failures don't serve to indict everyone that refuses to embrace your flamingly liberal mindset.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

Do you know where this interview is?

Old 04-24-2012, 07:10 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

Well said, it is sad that the people that actually experienced the brutalities of war are the ones that detest violence. Those who have never shot and killed anyone are the main ones who are quick to beat the war drums. Many of the pro war politicians have never enlisted neverless killed anyone are quick to send someone else's child to die in combat.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Why would you presume a right to accuse everyone that supports gun rights of being a cowardly idiot?

Thank your "old man" for his service. His sacrifices lend no credibility to your BS.

I'm indifferent to your interpretation of his opinion regarding "gun nuts". If he actually did what you claim he did he fought to support the rights of all citizens whether or not you assign any validity to their beliefs

Out of curiosity, what have you personally done to protect the rights of others? The sacrifices of your "old man" don't give you a free pass to crap on the rights of others.

Nugent would have to do some serious social climbing to work his way up to the level of hypocritical putz. Having said that, his lies and failures don't serve to indict everyone that refuses to embrace your flamingly liberal mindset.

I did not get that from him, but I guess that is your interpretation. I looked at it as someone who has seen the harshness of what a bullet/bomb/hand grenade can do to the human body and decided that he did not want any part of it.

Personally I'm not against responsible gun ownership, but when you have a coward sprouting out hatered to a group of possible reactionaries about "cutting off heads" of our governmental officials, then I have a probelm.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
How often do you suppose troops in combat in Vietnam showered? Also once he was in they could have ordered him to shower.
Obviously they were fooled by what extreme his cowardice took him and figured that he was a nutjob that could possibly endanger a whole squadron or even a platoon of good men

Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Maybe the Army was afraid Nuge would get a loud standing ovation?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM

700 posts, read 637,730 times

News Hounds: Proof: Ted Nugent Is A Draft Dodger. Will Hannity Keep Defending Him?

"Armed Forces Physical Examination:" -------------- "Results: Rej"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies