Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Meaning 60+ democrats voted for the bill.

On to the Senate....where it will languish due to the do-nothing Senate of the democrats.

The last bill to come up with the Keystone attached, obama had to pull out all the stops to keep a filibuster going, but 11 democrats in the Senate voted for it.

How many will hold the line of obstructionism this time.

A huge majority of the American people want this project, the unions want it...but obama has to once again bow to the radical environmentalists.

York:Obama faces defeat on pipeline as Dems defect | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Quote:
Before the vote, Obama issued a veto threat. The House approved the pipeline anyway -- by a veto-proof majority, 293 to 127.
Well, he won't have to veto if Harry Reid covers his derriere once again and sustains the filibuster.

I have a feeling there is a lot more than 11 democrats that WANT to vote for this project.

How much longer will they continue to stick their necks out for obama and in return they get.......no money from obama for their campaigns and monumental losses at the ballot box?

Quote:
"We're right around the corner from actually passing it," says a well-informed Senate source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
I'm sure dirty harry has room for it on the shelf with all the other legislation passed in the house he's sitting on.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
That's ****ing disgusting. I will NEVER understand how any self respecting Democrat would ever vote for any Republican's bill after the Republicans have done so damn much to screw them. Every single Republican sponsored bill in the House should get ZERO Democratic votes and in the Senate they should never even come up for a vote, in fact they shouldn't even get out of committee

Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm sure dirty harry has room for it on the shelf with all the other legislation passed in the house he's sitting on.
'

Republicans filibuster the Democrats bills, Harry Reid sits on their bills.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
That's ****ing disgusting. I will NEVER understand how any self respecting Democrat would ever vote for any Republican's bill after the Republicans have done so damn much to screw them. Every single Republican sponsored bill in the House should get ZERO Democratic votes and in the Senate they should never even come up for a vote, in fact they shouldn't even get out of committee
It's easy to understand when you accept the fact that Democrats today are weak and lack the backbone to actually accomplish anything that needs to be done. Even when in complete power Democrats failed to do anything meaningful, it's pathetic that we even allow them to participate in our governmental process considering how much they slow down real progress in this country.

This pipeline is going to be built, hundreds of thousands of Americans will get jobs because of it and they will always remember the weak Democrats who fought to stop it but failed.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
Why are you still whining about this?

The pipeline has already started construction.

TransCan were told that they could refile and the country is full of pipelines. They screwed up by presenting a garbage proposal. Once they fix it, it'll get cleared. Were McCain in office he'd likely have done the same thing. It's a little different when you're in charge and have to do things that make sense vs. passing bills solely to score political points.

This pipeline is going to be built, hundreds of thousands of Americans will get jobs because of it and they will always remember the weak Democrats who fought to stop it but failed.
Quote:

It's easy to understand when you accept the fact that Democrats today are weak and lack the backbone to actually accomplish anything that needs to be done. Even when in complete power Democrats failed to do anything meaningful, it's pathetic that we even allow them to participate in our governmental process considering how much they slow down real progress in this country.
The founding fathers built the structure of the government to INTENTIONALLY provide checks and balances and slow things down. I take it you would prefer just the one party system komrade.

You really need to pick up the phone and call TransCanada. You obviously know more than they so since they estimated 20,000 person years of employment with a third of that being in Canada. They number of permanent jobs are expected to be in the hundreds. Those are also TransCanada's numbers. Independents who have looked at this have lower estimates. Industry will always put forward shiny numbers that are in their interest.

It's city DATA, you might want to get some of the latter before posting.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The founding fathers built the structure of the government to INTENTIONALLY provide checks and balances and slow things down. I take it you would prefer just the one party system komrade.
Certainly not, I'd rather have more than 2 parties but if we're stuck with only 2 in control I'd like the Democrats not be one of them since they're the most unproductive group of people in Washington DC.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 PM

Really? Prove it. Where's your data. Show how Republicans move things through more quickly komrade. It's city DATA. Where's your data?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Really? Prove it. Where's your data. Show how Republicans move things through more quickly komrade. It's city DATA. Where's your data?
Republicans get things done, Democrats don't. This thread alone is enough data for me, if you want more you go looking for it... you might bump into someone who gives a damn about you using the term komrade along the way.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 PM

You make up your opinions based on your own emotions komrade. That's why you don't look for data. This thread alone gives you data of one specific thing, but I guess you close your eyes when Republicans use a filibuster.

Interestingly enough, TC filed a new proposal yesterday. I guess whatever blog gives Sanrene his/her opinions forgot to mention that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies